Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
The one that scares the shit out of me seeing Trump scared and paranoid enough to put Whitaker or even Bondi as AG is that Trump, stupid as he is, essentially is showing that the Mueller investigation is THAT huge a threat to him.
And that means is THAT huge a threat to the GOP; yes, those fuckers will hang Trump to dry in a heartbeat, but we are also talking about the Republican party going from being the Nixon "political spying" party or the Reagan "going behind and against Congress" party to the "We got a guy who was in the pocket of an hostile foreign power elected President" party.
Sure, plenty other insanely corrupt things have been swept under very expensive rugs before, but not on this level...and a desperate, paranoid GOP scares the hell out of me.
Sure, Trump and his cronies are incompetent in their corruption and disloyal to each other, but the GOP under Ryan and McConnel?
Those fuckers will do anything for their vision of "For the common good".
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
McConnell denying a Trump proposition is insane.

I’d love him to go to jail,, but I think his ousting will be shame or scandal a la McCarthy.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Melania Trump ran up a $174,000 hotel bill for a one-day trip to Toronto last year, despite not even staying the night:

https://qz.com/1465202/melania-trump-rac...o-toronto/

Quote:US first lady Melania Trump ran up a six-figure hotel bill for a one-day trip to Toronto last year, according to federal spending records.

Government spending data show at least six separate Toronto hotel charges ranging from just under $12,000 to nearly $49,000 for a total of roughly $174,000. She did not spend the night.

The total was roughly eight times what it cost to house the first lady’s advance team, whose $18,000 in hotel expenses were broken out separately; in addition to the hotel charges, the first lady’s trip involved $21,000 in transportation costs.
Guess she’s getting fired soon.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
(Today, 12:17 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote: Melania Trump ran up a $174,000 hotel bill for a one-day trip to Toronto last year, despite not even staying the night:

https://qz.com/1465202/melania-trump-rac...o-toronto/

Quote:US first lady Melania Trump ran up a six-figure hotel bill for a one-day trip to Toronto last year, according to federal spending records.

Government spending data show at least six separate Toronto hotel charges ranging from just under $12,000 to nearly $49,000 for a total of roughly $174,000. She did not spend the night.

The total was roughly eight times what it cost to house the first lady’s advance team, whose $18,000 in hotel expenses were broken out separately; in addition to the hotel charges, the first lady’s trip involved $21,000 in transportation costs.

Women be shoppin.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Remember over the summer when Trump said Pfizer would be lowering drug prices?  Not sure Pfizer got that memo:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/healthcare/p...in-january

Quote:American pharmaceutical giant Pfizer will raise the price of more than 40 of its prescription drugs next year, the company announced on Friday.

Forty-one medicines – or 10 percent of Pfizer’s drug portfolio—will be affected. The increases will mostly be around 5 percent, though three drugs will see a 3 percent rise in cost and one will cost 9 percent more.

“Pfizer’s pricing is guided by the value our products bring to patients and an understanding of the environment in which we operate,” the company said in a statement. “These list price increases are expected to be offset by higher rebates and discounts paid to Insurance Companies and Pharmacy Benefit Managers and the net effect on revenue growth in the U.S. in 2019 is expected to be zero.”

The increases will go into effect on Jan. 15. The cost of the remaining 90 percent of drugs will not rise.
(Today, 03:15 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote: Remember over the summer when Trump said Pfizer would be lowering drug prices?  Not sure Pfizer got that memo:

Quote:American pharmaceutical giant Pfizer will raise the price of more than 40 of its prescription drugs next year, the company announced on Friday.

Forty-one medicines – or 10 percent of Pfizer’s drug portfolio—will be affected. The increases will mostly be around 5 percent, though three drugs will see a 3 percent rise in cost and one will cost 9 percent more.

“Pfizer’s pricing is guided by the value our products bring to patients and an understanding of the environment in which we operate,” the company said in a statement. “These list price increases are expected to be offset by higher rebates and discounts paid to Insurance Companies and Pharmacy Benefit Managers and the net effect on revenue growth in the U.S. in 2019 is expected to be zero.”

The increases will go into effect on Jan. 15. The cost of the remaining 90 percent of drugs will not rise.

I'm not one to defend Big Pharm, but having 90% with no cost increase and of the 41 being raised, 3 are at or around inflation, most are a little above inflation (granted, I wouldn't want a 5% increase in a necessity, but it's reasonable at face value), and only one is going up significantly. 

I don't know that I'd jump on Pfizer for this; as far as Trump, he has bigger, more egregious, and more damaging lies to be nailed over.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
(Today, 08:20 AM)chavez Wrote:
(Today, 03:15 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote: Remember over the summer when Trump said Pfizer would be lowering drug prices?  Not sure Pfizer got that memo:

I'm not one to defend Big Pharm, but having 90% with no cost increase and of the 41 being raised, 3 are at or around inflation, most are a little above inflation (granted, I wouldn't want a 5% increase in a necessity, but it's reasonable at face value), and only one is going up significantly. 

I don't know that I'd jump on Pfizer for this; as far as Trump, he has bigger, more egregious, and more damaging lies to be nailed over.

Sorry, I should've been more clear.  In July, Trump had said he personally pressured Pfizer to roll back price hikes, and the company had agreed to his terms.  My criticism solely lands on Trump here.  It certainly seems like Pfizer isn't going out of its way to hurt people with those hikes.
Ah, okay.

I was listening to Henry Rollins on Joe Rogan's podcast, and he pointed out that Trump manages to get owned in EVERY negotiation he enters into - he got owned by S Korea, he got owned by Russia, he got owned by China....he even got owned by Melania.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
Gah, I knew I felt nauseous this morning. Dildo Pumpkins is here, and I didn't even say his name three times.

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Get. In. Car. With. Carton. Of. Eggs.
Gamertag: Tweakee
(7 hours ago)farsight Wrote: Gah, I knew I felt nauseous this morning. Dildo Pumpkins is here, and I didn't even say his name three times.

Go apply for a job at the nearest McDonalds.  It'll only be a matter of time until he shows up.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
(7 hours ago)chavez Wrote: Ah, okay.

I was listening to Henry Rollins on Joe Rogan's podcast, and he pointed out that Trump manages to get owned in EVERY negotiation he enters into - he got owned by S Korea, he got owned by Russia, he got owned by China....he even got owned by Melania.

Ha, that’s great. He’s a wuss at the end of the day. Maybe he’ll turn yellow from cowardice when it’s over.

(7 hours ago)farsight Wrote: Gah, I knew I felt nauseous this morning. Dildo Pumpkins is here, and I didn't even say his name three times.

Yeah, I ain’t happy either. We don’t need him and there’s been better help and support from every other person. FFS, even James Woods has actually done good.
Here's a picture taken after the GOP House voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act last year... with a twist!  The red X's are for those voted out of Congress since:

https://twitter.com/nicholaskitchel/stat...8628272129

Someone needs to do an Infinity Gauntlet remix of that pic.
(6 hours ago)Iron Maiden Wrote: Here's a picture taken after the GOP House voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act last year... with a twist!  The red X's are for those voted out of Congress since:

https://twitter.com/nicholaskitchel/stat...8628272129

Jesus Christ was “The Death of Stalin” on point with its message.

Greed and lust for power inevitably consumes all.
 I think all Marvel films are okay. This is my design.

Except for Thor 2: the literal worst.
So Trump claims he believes in climate change after seeing the wildfire devastation. I don’t believe his words unless he goes back into the Paris treaty.

Fuck you. Oh