Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.08 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
Isn't this how A Few Good Men ended?

"Nobody disobeys my orders.."

"But the report says that you ordered things that were highly criminal and that they did not..."

"THEY NEVER DISOBEY MY ORDERS!"

"So, your staff carried out illegal tasks?"

"No."

"But you ordered illegal tasks.."

"I CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

How long is it gonna be before the only defense they have left is "Look at that fat ass! How can he KEEP from obstructing everything?" And they'll paint him as a victim of body shaming..
Breaking from WaPo:

White House to Try to Block McGahn from Testifying on Mueller Report
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Every once in a while I get my hopes up that they'll run out of fingers before the dam runs out of holes to plug.

But then I come back to reality..
(Yesterday, 07:04 PM)leto ii Wrote: Breaking from WaPo:

"We're not obstructing anything. We're just making sure nobody finds out about the illegal stuff we did!"
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(Yesterday, 07:13 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Every once in a while I get my hopes up that they'll run out of fingers before the dam runs out of holes to plug.

But then I come back to reality..

They'll never run out of fingers.

Ever.

(Yesterday, 07:04 PM)leto ii Wrote: Breaking from WaPo:

I heard some legal eagle on MSNBC yesterday (I think) say that the WH is going to do everything they can to "run out the clock", meaning they will try to prevent all these people being called before Congress to actually show up. The thinking is that all this will be tied up in the courts for months and months and will stretch into next years presidential. Which will then focus the country's attention away from Congress to the campaign trail.

Hopefully voters will respond to this shitstorm of a presidency at the polls and vote for a real president.
The tax law has been a disaster for some Gold Star families:

https://taskandpurpose.com/trump-tax-cut-widows

Quote:For some, tax season brings a small boon in the form of a refund. For others it can be a source of stress.

But Theresa Jones sees it as an annual reminder of her husband, Navy Lt. Cmdr. Landon Jones, who was killed in a helicopter crash on Sept. 22, 2013. 

Since then, Jones and her two sons, ages 5 and 11, have received monthly compensation in the form of survivor benefits — one allotment through the Department of Defense is taxable, and another through the Department of Veterans Affairs, which is not taxed.

For the past several years she's had to pay roughly $1,150 in taxes on her sons' benefits. This year, it was $5,400.

"My kids are owing the government back money, that the government gave them, because their dad died, and my kids have to pay it back," Jones told Task & Purpose. "And every year this comes around and it's just this reminder of this tragedy, and it's literally like throwing salt in the wound."

Military widows and widowers who put their benefits in their child's name saw a significant spike in their taxes this year. To make matters worse, Jones, along with three other military widows who spoke with Task & Purpose, said they were not aware how much their taxes would increase and were unable to budget or otherwise prepare for the hike in cost.
Democrats should make that anecdote into a commercial and shove it down Donnie's throat in every corner of the country.
Lord PLEASE....somewhere in another time/space, let there be a guy yelling to Vam Damme "No! You don't understand....he's GOING to be President!" and right about now somewhere a 10 year younger Trump is walking into the same room as current Trump and they just "happen" to make physical contact. And turns into an orange blob thing.

Well....an orange-ier, blob-ier thing..