Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3.26 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
I recall hitting up the visitors' center at Mt. Rushmore way back when I was a kid and watching the little video presentation they had there in which they said outright that there's no more rock on the face suitable for a fifth sculpture. So go ahead, put his bloated, squintey mug on there. Paint it orange for good measure. It'll be a fitting tribute to the Trump administration to have something gaudy and vainglorious done fly-by-night against all sane advice and be destined to collapse into ruin in short order.
Just duct tape a spoiled ham off to the side.
If they actually added a fifth head to Mount Rushmore, it would destabilize the structure of the mountain so badly the whole thing would come crashing down.
(08-09-2020, 07:54 PM)Dent6084 Wrote: If they actually added a fifth head to Mount Rushmore, it would destabilize the structure of the mountain so badly the whole thing would come crashing down.

Well there's a metaphor.
Just this guy, you know?
It couldn't be more on-the-nose if it left two vast and trunkless legs of stone standing alongside the shattered visages.
Twenty-three postal executives have been reassigned or displaced in a new overhaul of the Postal Service.

Analysts say the structure centralizes power around the Postmaster General, a major Trump ally, and de-emphasizes decades of institutional postal knowledge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/...ion-dejoy/

Quote:Postmaster General Louis DeJoy unveiled a sweeping overhaul of the nation’s mail service, displacing the two top executives overseeing day-to-day operations, according to a reorganization memo released Friday. The shake-up came as congressional Democrats called for an investigation of DeJoy and the cost-cutting measures that have slowed mail delivery and ensnared ballots in recent primary elections.

Twenty-three postal executives were reassigned or displaced, the new organizational chart shows. Analysts say the structure centralizes power around DeJoy, a former logistics executive and major ally of President Trump, and de-emphasizes decades of institutional postal knowledge. All told, 33 staffers included in the old postal hierarchy either kept their jobs or were reassigned in the restructuring, with five more staffers joining the leadership from other roles.

The reshuffling threatens to heighten tensions between postal officials and lawmakers, who are troubled by delivery delays — the Postal Service banned employees from working overtime and making extra trips to deliver mail — and wary of the Trump administration’s influence on the Postal Service as the coronavirus pandemic rages and November’s election draws near.

It also adds another layer to DeJoy’s disputes with Democratic leaders, who have pushed him to rescind the cost-cutting directives that have caused days-long backlogs and steady the Postal Service in the run-up to the election. DeJoy clashed with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), in a meeting on the issue earlier this week.

Rep. Gerald E. Connolly (D-Va.), chair of the House subcommittee responsible for postal oversight, called the reorganization “a deliberate sabotage” to the nation’s mail service and a “Trojan Horse.”
(08-09-2020, 08:31 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: It couldn't be more on-the-nose if it left two vast and trunkless legs of stone standing alongside the shattered visages.

I love that poem dearly, but it loses a good amount of its power when you picture Ozymandias not as a cruel mad conqueror convinced of his own immortality, but as a fat orange Prince Joffrey who made it to age 70.
I know Joffrey was created in the 90s, and only became such a cultural reference point during the Obama administration, but he's a perfect analogue to Trump. 'Vicious idiot' sums him up perfectly. His pettiness, his entitledness, his privilege, his grandiosity, his fickleness, his scorn for education and precedent, his cowardliness, his causing catastrophic fuck-ups - it's all there.

Joffrey will get mentioned in plenty of future 'The Trump Administration and the Landscape of Popular American Fiction in the Early 21st Century' papers. He's not a reflection of Trump, but he's absolutely a spin on the kind of petty, shithead leaders that appear throughout history who all have essentially the same personality.
Joffrey was also a truly sadistic little shit, he enjoyed making fun of physically challenged people, and was surrounded by sycophants who thought he was the most noble child the gods ever put on this good earth
I dunno. I think most people around Joffrey and Pumpkins know them for impulse-controlled monsters they are but are content to use them for their own gain and others' loss.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Trump's administration has also mirrored Joffrey's in that, time and time again, when you think his comeuppance is due, some noble (Mueller, Fauci) or complicated-but-a-damn-sight-better-than-Trump (Kelly) figure ends up eating shit instead (see: Ned Stark, Stannis, Robb, Oberyn).

AND, as you pointed out, there are a tonne of 'let's manipulate/control this monster' types.
I do recall a Purple themed wedding of sorts.
Orange and Purple wedding. Just like mine. What horrible way to recontextualize a good memory.

It can't think twice, can't reason, can't change it's prime directive. It's like a chainsaw set on frappé.
Did you marry the L.A. Lakers?
Tried my damndest.

It can't think twice, can't reason, can't change it's prime directive. It's like a chainsaw set on frappé.
Bigamist!!
Pumpkins only spoke for a minute before a security incident had the secret service whisking him away.

He still managed to claim that the 1918 flu happened in 1917, and that it ended World War Two.

They say people with dementia will have a better long-term memory than short... but that doesn't help people who were dummies a long time ago, too.
Gamertag: Tweakee
In case you thought that Putin is a brilliant strategist who only pushes dumb ideas on to useful idiots...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/russia-re...0c066c3245

Quote:Russia on Tuesday became the first country to officially register a coronavirus vaccine and declare it ready for use, despite international skepticism. President Vladimir Putin said that one of his daughters has already been inoculated.

However, scientists at home and abroad have been sounding the alarm that the rush to start using the vaccine before Phase 3 trials — which normally last for months and involve thousands of people — could backfire.

The Russian leader added that one of his two adult daughters has received two shots of the vaccine. “She has taken part in the experiment,” Putin said.

Imagine the feeling when daddy decides you're the expendable daughter.

The worst part of this is yet to come... when Dildo Pumpkins hears of this. There's about a 100% chance he tries to get this untested vaccine imported before the election, and/or tries to force our vaccines through without testing.

This could be very, very bad.
I think we can assume Putin is lying about his daughter receiving the vaccine.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

I really, really hope the FDA has a spine right now.

(6 hours ago)MichaelM Wrote: I think we can assume Putin is lying about his daughter receiving the vaccine.

That as well.
(6 hours ago)MichaelM Wrote: I think we can assume Putin is lying about his daughter receiving the vaccine.

I dunno, if you read the article, he's very specific about her reaction to the vaccine. And if it's a lie, why say just one? Why not all his kids? Hell, why not say he himself took it if the goal is a lie for propaganda?

Plus, when you're not grading on the curve of wannabe dictators, Putin is not a smart man. Look at what he's doing: he's rolling the dice that this improperly tested vaccine will work perfectly and Russia will gain prestige around the world... or that it fails and Russia becomes a laughingstock, millions die from COVID or even the vaccine itself, and he potentially faces a coup of either his oligarchs, or the people whose families he has murdered for pride.

It's a massive risk... unless you're a stupid narcissist that thinks you know better than those cowardly scientists with all their rules and 'methods'.

I mean... Trump would -definitely- give an untested vaccine to Tiffany.

Thankfully, Trump never had to work a day in his life, and his brain is half-eaten by mealworms, or we'd be dealing with a Putin here as well.
From all reports, Trump's never been that smart. He's only been less addled by syphilis/dementia/sundowners.

I freely admit that I don't think highly of Putin, but testing the vaccine on just one daughter so that he'll still have the other one if it's poison sounds kind of on brand to me.
Please consider lending a hand if you can, or posting my gofundme link elsewhere in Social Media Land.

http://citizens.trouble.city/showthread.php?tid=162311&pid=4721386#pid4721386
Willing to bet it's the 'least' attractive one.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
(Tiffany looks at her ringing phone, looks back at the news feed on her laptop, and declines the call)
Ten minutes later Don jr. enters the Oval Office, "Yeah, Dad?"
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
Hopefully Donald uses the trembly hand when he injects Jared with it.
Dr Ronny was on Fox again, pumping up the results from Trump's cognitive test. The longer this goes on - weeks now - the more convinced I am that he definitely did not ace it.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1293000714810081281
It would be great if an anchor would just ask Dr. Ronny to administer the test to them live on the air.
Is the endgame of the election going to be Trump waxing lyrical about Putin's vaccine while raging against all the scientists, health officials, Democrats, and sane Republicans who advocate not jumping to embrace a rushed, untested 'cure'?

'Putin's saved us! Putin saved us all! And, re-elected, I will make him co-president! The Russian-American Empire will last a thousand years! Justice for all! Freedom for all! Russia has made us great again!"
I posted this in the economy thread but I felt it should be here too...

Quote:The White House–Kodak Controversy Has a New Angle: A Billionaire’s Huge Stock Gift to a Synagogue
Why did investor George Karfunkel donate shares worth up to $180 million to a little-known congregation?

If we (the US) survives this, future historians will have to write multiple volumes on the amount of corruption present during the DJT years.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson