Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
Nearly half of Republicans dispute that Trump lost the election.

55% in the CPAC straw poll said they'd vote for him if he's the candidate in 2024.

The support of him and his base is still being actively courted by Republican politicians.

But hey, he lost the election, so we can stop paying attention. I mean Hitler lost in 1932 and we never heard from him again.
Just this guy, you know?
(Yesterday, 04:15 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: Nearly half of Republicans dispute that Trump lost the election.

If you're a moronic Republic who doesn't understand concepts like "gerrymandering" or "disenfranchisement," lives in a state where your district is among many that has been hand-crafted to create a safe space echo chamber (like Wisconsin), and whose state legislature maintains a super majority of Republicans despite Republicans actually being a minority party (again, like Wisconsin), it is fairly easy to conclude that the election must have been "stolen" because the state going blue on a Federal level doesn't make any sense at first glance.

The ease of this conclusion is facilitated by the fact that it not only supports that particular voter's worldview but also because that voter, as previously mentioned, is a fucking moron.

(Yesterday, 02:53 PM)Amos Wrote: it's petty, embarrassing,ineffectual, and annoying

But I am all of these things.
Amos is the poop, right?
PSN Handle: chetripley80
Oh well...., I'm don't live in the U.S. but I might as well extend this... I truly think this thread would have been Dead and Buried months ago if Trump had not denied the results, claimed his loss was the result of massive election fraud, occupied the time of numerous courts in various states on spurious reasons, and then held a fucking rally on January 6 that resulted in you-know-what... let's just say it sounds like 'poo'. This man broke almost every form political dignity and decorum and is still free and loose amongst us. THAT, and the numerous legal actions that are surely to follow as the man no longer has the protections of a President is why this discussion is separate from the general Republican discussion going on in a different thread. Until his chickens "come home to roost", so to speak, he will continue to be outspoken and inflame those who think he is a savior of some sort. Personally, I hope for a mildly extended and relatively painful demise from KFC gravy overdose. But only then can we begin to close this embarrassing chapter in North American history (believe me, he has his followers and supporters, even here in Canada and Alberta - the Conservative Party in its various forms is rife with these fuckers). And then we can walk away from this thread.
Quote:The contents of this message are hidden because Amos is on your ignore list.

Think of it as a sort of vaccine. If everyone ignores, problem solved. But if people keep engaging and quoting, then a lot of people trying to take preventative measures will still wind up even more sick of his whiny bullshit than they already were.
(Yesterday, 06:54 PM)chief zabu Wrote: Oh well...., I'm don't live in the U.S. 

Why not? We're so awesome!!
(Yesterday, 07:50 PM)bradito Wrote:
(Yesterday, 06:54 PM)chief zabu Wrote: Oh well...., I'm don't live in the U.S. 

Why not? We're so awesome!!

You are, for the most part! After Covid dies down (so to speak) I can't wait to fly down there for a couple of weeks. You managed to excise that tumour in the White House, which is a damn good start.
Freddie Klein worked on the Trump 2016 campaign then landed a "special assistant" job at State.  He also stormed the Capitol and beat police with a riot shield.

He's a Republican, but doesn't seem to be "going forward" with the party with any sort of political power, so I'll post it here:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/04...iot-473825
Hilarious:

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/pla...ame-492021

Quote:Lawyers for former President DONALD TRUMP sent out cease-and-desist letters Friday to the three largest fundraising entities for the Republican Party — the RNC, NRCC and NRSC — for using his name and likeness on fundraising emails and merchandise, a Trump adviser tells Playbook.

We reported yesterday that Trump was furious that his name has been bandied about by organizations that help Republicans who voted to impeach him — without his permission. Trump, who made his fortune in licensing, has always been sensitive to how his name has been used to fundraise and support members, even while in office.

On Friday, the RNC sent out two emails asking supporters to donate as a way to add their name to a “thank you” card for Trump. “President Trump will ALWAYS stand up for the American People, and I just thought of the perfect way for you to show that you support him!” the email states. “As one of President Trump’s MOST LOYAL supporters, I think that YOU, deserve the great honor of adding your name to the Official Trump ‘Thank You’ Card.” A follow-up email was sent hours later to “President Trump’s TOP supporters” warning of a deadline of 10 hours to get their names on the card.