Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Theme/Amusement Park Thread
Hey Richard:

For Halloween Horror Nights, how does it work? I assume that you need regular park admission to get into the park(s), and then an additional ticket for HHN that lets you stay after a certain time of day and enjoy the parks. That's how it works at Disney, from what I've seen. Is that how it works for HHN? if so, then at what time do the parks 'shut down' and go into HHN mode, and how late are they open? Thanks!
Not Richard, but I think USF usually closes to regular admission at 5pm on those nights, with the event kicking off maybe around 6? I think it then runs until midnight or 1am.

I'm sure Richard knows the exact details.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
I replied to your PM, Judas, but for the curious:

- Park close at 5PM with a hard sweep of day guests. Guests with event tickets can remain in specified areas.
- HHN open no later than 7PM. They may go earlier if the sweep gets finished before then.
- HHN close at either midnight or 2AM, depending on the night. Fridays and Saturdays are usually the late nights, although some Thursdays and Sundays can go late as well, especially if Halloween falls on that night.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Many thanks, Richard.
Universal Orlando just announced a TRICK 'R TREAT-themed house for Halloween Horror Nights...

All the little Sams running around should be fun.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Totally. He's a character perfectly-suited to that kind of atmosphere.
While Universal's new Fast & Furious ride is not really my cup of tea, I have to appreciate the amount of in-jokes and details they were able to cram into the queue...

(05-14-2018, 11:56 AM)Judas Booth Wrote: Hey Richard:

For Halloween Horror Nights, how does it work?  I assume that you need regular park admission to get into the park(s), and then an additional ticket for HHN that lets you stay after a certain time of day and enjoy the parks.  That's how it works at Disney, from what I've seen.  Is that how it works for HHN?  if so, then at what time do the parks 'shut down' and go into HHN mode, and how late are they open?  Thanks!

And FYI, HHN tickets are 2 nights for 1 right now at $77 + tax. I just bought them for our group. I think they are on sale until June. I don't know what the normal price is. And a couple of folks are also getting express passes for the haunted houses--I will not be participating in that part. Lol.