Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Theme/Amusement Park Thread
(Yesterday, 03:18 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: Damn you, Richard.  Damn you.

You don't need to put up mesh!

Seriously, if those two houses looked that good with zero atmosphere and characters, I shudder to think what they'll be like in full bloom. Everything you'd want to be present in both houses is there in spades.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
[Image: tumblr_oyaysbAFGQ1wdxwgro2_500.gif]
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
(Yesterday, 03:57 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: Everything you'd want to be present in both houses is there in spades.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Okay, well maybe not Mike's Mom Has Got It Going On...

----------

I want pictures of animatronic Vince Klortho and Zuul.
(Yesterday, 03:57 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: Everything you'd want to be present in both houses is there in spades.

(Yesterday, 04:45 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: Okay, well maybe not Mike's Mom Has Got It Going On...

[Image: zmhjyzs09evz.png]

[Image: screen_shot_2018-10-31_at_2.55.22_pm.png]
It's D23 preview night, and Disney's already released some details about parks projects they'll be elaborating upon on Sunday.

First, the Marvel land at California Adventure is going to be called "Avengers Campus."  It will not, as of this moment, feature an Avengers ride, however.  Just a D-ticket Spider-Man shooter ride (very similar to Toy Story Mania... which is already in that park...), an Ant-Man restaurant, and the already-there GOTG: Mission Breakout.  Perhaps more will be announced on Sunday.
[Image: ECnzIlcWkAIgPcN?format=jpg]

Over in Epcot, they've announced something called "Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana," which appears to be some kind of interactive garden/fountains area that will be situated adjacent to Spaceship Earth and The Seas, on the plot that half of Innoventions used to occupy.  It will certainly green up that section of the park, but I question the relevance of Moana to anything related to Epcot.  There's a way to do it right, but I have some healthy skepticism.  Concept art of what the new Future World will look like...
[Image: 0f9eb416-35cb-4364-ac72-a16c54d3b4e0-jpeg.400883]

In the preview area, Disney's got a wall of quite beautiful posters of past, present, and future Epcot attractions, with two blank posters reading "Revealing Sunday."  I would guess the oft-rumored Mary Poppins carousel for the U.K. Pavilion and the announcement of a Brazil Pavilion.
[Image: f0724122-e091-4d9f-b852-ea70cd6ef5f6-jpeg.400884]
[Image: c7802ad2-a300-40d8-adaa-2a06b9b0991b-jpeg.400885]
[Image: a39bc61c-f19f-4906-8f18-7dfc76d2ea45-jpeg.400886][Image: 80750696-ebff-490a-9901-aac1e14baeb3-jpeg.400887]
I’ve been desperately trying to get to Horror nights for a few years now, and am seriously debating just hopping down for a single night and getting right back on a plane. Your Ghostbusters talk is not making it any easier.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Not to make the decision any more difficult, but there is one section of the Ghostbusters house that is going to be Easter egg overload.

----------

I hate you, Richard.
Disney's also announced something they're calling "The Epcot Experience," which appears to basically be a preview center for the upcoming changes, and which will be located in the Odyssey, an under-used building in Future World, starting in October...

[Image: new-epcot-3-700x414.jpg]
Also, the park is getting a throwback logo...
[Image: ECp74TgUYAAWmLd?format=jpg]

Seems they're trying to play to nostalgia while they dismantle the sensibility of the original EPCOT Center.
Love that new EPCOT logo.
It's definitely designed to entice people like me to buy things they slap it on.