Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comedy Other Than Norm Fucking MacDonald
I went and saw Marc Maron *live* last night. He's tightening up his new hour. He did about 20 minutes on Trump and Pence that crushed. But I live in So. Cal.
Maron is fucking great. I watched his newer special the other day and he's tight as all hell.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Anyone seen April Richardson? I like her when she guests on podcasts I listen to, but I've never seen her stand up. She's in town tonight and I'm trying to decide if I want to leave the house on a Monday or stay home and watch Shark Week.
Leave the house, support live comedy!
I just might. They already had Shaq on Shark Week, so it can only go downhill from here.
I finally watched the most recent Chris Rock special this morning, and I really was surprised by it. I wouldn't say it's as "funny" as some of his earlier work - Bigger and Blacker is in my top five of all time; as someone who was bullied after Columbine his bit on Columbine truly helped me as a person - but I thought it was very, very good. The decision to drop the humor near the end and just have a raw, real moment where he's reckoning with his masculinity and his mistakes, particularly Burnham's choice to go right to a close-up and hold, jarred the hell out of me, but in a good way. I'm really excited for what Rock does next, as this felt like...not necessarily a departure, but an evolution.
home taping is killing music
Looks like a bunch of comedians/comic actors are going to be appearing on Norm MacDonald's new show to quip with him!
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
Chevy Chase takes flamethrower to a lot of bridges:

https://deadline.com/2018/09/chevy-chase...202467741/

Quote:In a lengthy, candid (read: pretty nasty) interview posted today by the Washington Post, SNL‘s first break-out star has some harsh words for his old TV home. “First of all, between you and me and a lamppost, jeez, I don’t want to put down Lorne or the cast,” Chase says, “but I’ll just say, maybe off the record, I’m amazed that Lorne has gone so low. I had to watch a little of it, and I just couldn’t f*cking believe it. That means a whole generation of sh*theads laughs at the worst f*cking humor in the world.”

He continues, “How could you dare give that generation worse sh*t than they already have in their lives? It just drives me nuts.”

Quote:Will Ferrell: “Just not funny.”

Tina Fey: “I didn’t see what all the folderol was about.”

Kristen Wiig: “She had two things going for her. She had clear-cut chops, and she was pretty, too. But what happened to her? Where did she go?”

Eddie Murphy: “I thought Eddie Murphy was funny. Gumby. I found that funny and people loved that. . . . Stevie Wonder, he did well. It’s not that hard, for Christ’s sake. Your skin’s the same color. You just put on some sunglasses and do this.”

Chase isn’t entirely dismissive, though, praising his old Not Ready For Primetime Players co-horts Gilda Radner and Dan Aykroyd (“funniest guy on the show”), as well as Dana Carvey.

I'll admit it, I had to look up "folderol."
New D.L. special is like some old school Redd Foxx shit. He's always been hit and miss, but he was killing me here. He was on fire last half hour plus.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

"We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean.

"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves."

"Yeah. Major drag, huh?."

"Mind if I do a J?"

See if you can guess where in this article, the author is talking about right-leaning Nick Dipaolo.
(10-05-2018, 10:06 PM)bradito Wrote: See if you can guess where in this article, the author is talking about right-leaning Nick Dipaolo.

I assume:

Quote: By my last night at the Underground, I was feeling manic. I had been here for five days, was running on coffee and fries, and was worried we would never live in a world when women would be fully believed or respected. I stayed silent, my eyes fully glazed-over until an older male comic I had never heard of got on stage.

He began his set by referring to everyone in the audience as “fags,” and said he had already given up on his set because he was sure he voted differently than everyone in the room. He said he voted for Trump, and the nervous laughter soon ground to silence as the room realized this wasn’t a schtick. He meant it when he said #MeToo is women “screaming out of their vaginas,” that it’s only because women wouldn’t talk to Louis C.K. that he masturbated in front of them, that people like Whoopi Goldberg and Oprah were too fat to rape.
“That which doesn't kill you wasn't done right.”—Khaya Dlanga
Seems the most likely culprit!

I honestly had no idea that there were brunch shows. The hell?
(10-05-2018, 11:00 PM)bradito Wrote: Seems the most likely culprit!

I honestly had no idea that there were brunch shows. The hell?

Beats me. Also, I wonder who this might be. I think I have an idea:

Quote:The comic who had called me out for not laughing the night before was back on stage tonight, telling the same joke about how when a woman said hello to him, he wasn’t going to “fall for it” in light of #MeToo. An established and inexplicably revered older comic dropped by for a surprise set and opened one joke with a topical “Bruce Jenner has a pussy now.” He went on to say that Monica Lewinsky was too fat to give Bill Clinton a blow job, and that Bill Cosby has a lazy eye so he can keep an eye on the door while he is raping someone. Like clockwork, when these jokes didn’t get the laughs the comic thought they deserved, he turned on the audience for being too uptight. “Who comes to a comedy show not to laugh?” he echoed.
Jeff Dunham?
I was thinking Rich Vos.
Oh, right, right...