Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Friday Shameless Consumerism - What did you buy?
I just got 4K bluray stuff online from bestbuy
Lined up @ 6 am to get the super-cheap PS4 w/Spiderman bundle!  And a spare controller which were on sale too.  I don't usually participate in this madness but I'm pretty darn happy with that deal.
I'm just happy that for once I went in with a specific thing in mind and actually came out satisfied. Even if it was something pretty minor..
Ooooh Hell or High Water. Love, love that movie.

~~~

OK, my Black Friday confessions: so far, bought a bunch of shit for myself but it's all boring adult shit. New casual boots at DSW, and some new shirts at Eddie Bauer (everything 50% off) and J Crew Mercantile (everything 60%).

What can I say? I'm a clothes horse.

Tonight I'll be shopping for other people online.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Found a Tag Heuer watch I've been looking for for a few years today. There's another unicorn off of my list!
I've not seen Hell or High Water yet. But right then and there, at that price...it seemed like the thing to do..
I got Batman Ninja on Amazon for like eight bucks.
(11-23-2018, 07:45 PM)bradito Wrote: I got Batman Ninja on Amazon for like eight bucks.

That was a doorbuster at Best Buy.  Almost grabbed it.  Should I have done so?
I almost bought Red Sparrow. Should I have?
I got it. It's one of my favorite movies of the year so far.
Damn. I'll snag it tomorrow somewhere..
(11-23-2018, 07:48 PM)Judas Booth Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 07:45 PM)bradito Wrote: I got Batman Ninja on Amazon for like eight bucks.

That was a doorbuster at Best Buy.  Almost grabbed it.  Should I have done so?

Yep.
Picked up LOGAN and AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR on blu at Best Buy and went in partners with my sister on a 4K TV for my Mom.
The latter purchase for Mom made me feel much better about the former for myself.
I got a TV stand from Lowe's (normally $299, paid $113) and a 50" TCL Roku TV from Costco for $279. The TV was an online-only special, and was supposed to be delivered today, but it came on Saturday. The TV stand was a Black Friday door-buster at Lowe's, but I was checking the stock on the website Thursday night, and the price had already been updated. So I attempted to purchase it online, which worked, and then just marked it as "pick up". So I slept in Friday morning, then went and picked it up with no crowds around 10AM Friday morning. Spent most of the rest of Friday putting it together, but was very happy to see the TV show up on Saturday. Also bought the UHD version of Deadpool 2 for $9 on Vudu.

And speaking of Batman Ninja, I also got a free year sub to DC Universe for answering a bunch of surveys on the WB website. I started "Titans", and have been reading a bunch of Batman comics from the 70s, and when my son found out the first thing he asked was, is that Ninja Batman movie on there? Why yes, yes it is.