Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hollywood Scandals & Assorted Skeeve Catch-All
AWhat's really going to be a kicker if it comes to pass, is that what with these douches hacking the phones of female celebrities, I can easily imagine a male celebrity or industry insider with evidence of a sex crime on his phone. There's no way that several iterations of that guy doesn't exist .
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

What's really going to be a kicker if it comes to pass, is that what with these douches hacking the phones of female celebrities, I can easily imagine a male celebrity or industry insider with evidence of a sex crime on his phone. There's no way that several iterations of that guy doesn't exist .

This. I think we've already seen that when a famous male genital is exposed, there is just a period of jokes about its lengh/girth and then it all gets quickly forgotten.

I think there is a lot of d-bags in Hollywood that have pictures that would sink them as sexual predators or statuory rapists in their phones.

or pedophiles.

That Hollywood story is still going to explode one of these days.  All we need is for the right/wrong phone to be hacked and it's all gonna come out in the open and bring down a lot of people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

... and it's all gonna come out in the open and bring down a lot of people.

I kinda think this needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Seriously.

I was hoping Corey Feldman would make good on his threat to name names...

I'm not sure I buy this Hollywood pedophile ring idea. You can only hear insinuation after insinuation before it all begins to sound like Illuminati nonsense. That's not to say that there aren't pedophiles or even quite a few, using their wealth and influence to prey on child actors, but I have a difficult time believing that it's this big, structured conspiracy that everyone knows about but no discusses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminste...ssierQuote:

I'm not sure I buy this Hollywood pedophile ring idea. You can only hear insinuation after insinuation before it all begins to sound like Illuminati nonsense. That's not to say that there aren't pedophiles or even quite a few, using their wealth and influence to prey on child actors, but I have a difficult time believing that it's this big, structured conspiracy that everyone knows about but no discusses.

​Counterpoint, the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savi...se_scandal

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/j...e-timeline

This third link is to show yet again that if something wasn't thought of being shady and hidden from the public before, the UK government has a special knack in making it so after they're through trying to handle it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminste...le_dossier

Quote:

Did Feldman ever call it a conspiracy?  I don't remember that.  Didn't he just say "there's some sick people in Hollywood raping kids".  Not sure.

The idea of a pedo ring has plenty of basis in fact too, in less influential circles.  Decades ago there used to be catalogs of kids passed around by people who had kidnappened them and were using them as sex slaves...there was an entire underground network of this happening all over the country.  It's not a stretch to believe Hollywood with all it's incestuous wealth and power would have some kind of network to relay information about certain kids being more vulnerable than others.

Also, the people who really know about it are probably the ones doing it, so there's no reason for them to talk.  And the ones being victimized are usually either brainwashed (being young, it's easy to do that), or blackmailed into silence (they're often filmed doing sex acts), or both.  Ever hear of the first milk carton boy?  This kid was snatched as a young boy, forced to perform sex acts on adults, and sold to the highest bidder.... at some point when he was an adult he went to see his mother and told her, but made her swear not to talk because he was in fear of his life.  Brainwashing and blackmail is a very real and serious consequence of these rings.

I could've easily ended up on a milk carton myself.  When I was a young kid, a random white guy rolled up in a car and started asking me if I wanted to go play tennis.  He may have also asked me directions, but I don't remember that part.  Thankfully I had the good sense to stay away from the car.  If I had been a few years younger, there's no telling what would've happened.

AYou'd have five grand slam titles by now.
A[quote name="Ambler" url="/community/t/156090/hollywood-scandals-assorted-skeeve-catch-all#post_4258474"]I could've easily ended up on a milk carton myself.  When I was a young kid, a random white guy rolled up in a car and started asking me if I wanted to go play tennis.  He may have also asked me directions, but I don't remember that part.  Thankfully I had the good sense to stay away from the car.  If I had been a few years younger, there's no telling what would've happened. 
[/quote]

I have a similar story that happened on Halloween night when I was wee. It was the last night I ever went trick or treating. Shan made some good points, but Feldman's insinuation game means nothing to me. Just like the Woody Allen thing, they've got to show me something instead of popping up to make claims every time he's nominated for a major award.

Cuba Gooding, Jr. lifted Sarah Paulson's dress at a "American Horror Story" panel, and Twitter wasn't having it:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/people-are-r...59957.html

Quote:

I have a similar story that happened on Halloween night when I was wee. It was the last night I ever went trick or treating. Shan made some good points, but Feldman's insinuation game means nothing to me. Just like the Woody Allen thing, they've got to show me something instead of popping up to make claims every time he's nominated for a major award.

Feldman indeed needs to speak up if he wants to be taken seriously about his specific case.  But the idea of pedo rings is not a new one.  I'm fairly certain it's going on in Hollywood.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post

​Counterpoint, the UK.

The thing about Saville is he was basically an opportunist taking advantage of a climate of tolerance and turning a blind eye, and the general aura of mystery and untouchablity he managed to create around himself.

It wasn't really a conspiracy in the sense that there was any organisation behind it all, it was more a collective failure to either recognize that anything was going on, or to do anything about it.

After the Savile thing there were a couple of theories floating around that got some traction, one based around a guest house where Cliff Richard and others would go for nefarious activities, and another one about a government paedophile ring that involved chauffeuring underage rent boys and an actual murder and cover up.

For a little while I thought there might have been something to those. But the problem with those kind of theories is it's a whole lot easier for one person to protect a dark secret than it is for a whole bunch people to hide some kind of underground organisation, complete with middlemen and meeting places etc.

There's a tendency for conspiracy theories to get bigger and bigger. But the irony is the more complicated a theory gets the less believable it is that everyone involved did a good enough job covering their tracks that the authorities can't do anything about it, but a bad enough job that the truth is public knowledge.

Given the kind of money and power and insulation you can get in Hollywood I'll be a lot of big names have some serious skeletons in their closets though.

AI don't know, there was a famous communique from the civil service that recommended Thatcher not give Saville a knighthood due to "lurid" rumours about him.

The official story is that no-one knew the extent of his activities, but a bunch of celebrities at the time (the ones not in jail) have said that it was known what he was up to. No way to tell now, the Nobs have very much closed ranks on this issue.
AThe word "conspiracy" has really gotten out of hand. No thanks to Oliver Stone and the X-files. A conspiracy is merely two or more people planning to do something illegal. You dont need an entire organization to be in on it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambler View Post

The word "conspiracy" has really gotten out of hand. No thanks to Oliver Stone and the X-files. A conspiracy is merely two or more people planning to do something illegal. You dont need an entire organization to be in on it.

I'm still amazed they got away with this one given the number of people involved. Oliver came so​ close to busting it wide open, though.

So, this story about Derek Connolly (Colin Trevorrow's writing partner) suing an ex is... just plain weird. It involves Entourage references being used as a threat.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/star-wars...er_vulture

ANever text anyone anything you'd be embarrassed to see shared on social media, entertainment blogs, etc.
AThe guy who wrote monster trucks and jurassic world is not only still employed to write but is writing Star Wars episode 9?

It pays to have a buddy like Colin Trevorrow, who apparently has the magical ability to be a white man who takes producer and executive notes without complaining.

AI'd give Freeman's right arm to write a Jurassic Park movie. Or a Monster Trucks movie.

oh yeah

OH YEAH

AAs an aspiring writer, it's a little deflating to see guys with the A-list gigs still mingling with the dregs on Tinder.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

As an aspiring writer, it's a little deflating to see guys with the A-list gigs still mingling with the dregs on Tinder.

In Hollywood, an A-list writer is still a WRITER.

AAh, phooey.
Ayou should be a studio head instead!
AI should. I have good ideas.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

you should be a studio head instead!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

I should. I have good ideas.

Brad as a studio boss:

A"what's our projections for the upcoming fiscal year, mister brad?"

"one dollar"

"mister brad, have you actually seen the movies your studio is releasing?!"

"probably"

AHilarious.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

"what's our projections for the upcoming fiscal year, mister brad?"

"one dollar"

Which I will now proceed to buy.

My price?

A.

[quote name="Bradito" url="/community/t/156090/hollywood-scandals-assorted-skeeve-catch-all/50#post_4265679"]As an aspiring writer, it's a little deflating to see guys with the A-list gigs still mingling with the dregs on Tinder.[/quote]

He needs to land a directing gig first, then the DGA will deliver a literal casting couch to his office as a "Welcome to the club" sort of thing. It's really the only reason I write.
A[quote name="Farsight" url="/community/t/156090/hollywood-scandals-assorted-skeeve-catch-all/50#post_4265685"]
In Hollywood, an A-list writer is still a WRITER.
[/quote]

That reminds me that there really haven't been any superstar screenwriters kicking about. You don't really get guys like Shane Black and Joe Eszterhas getting rich, famous and infamous, writing movies for other people. The only one of note has been professional paper tiger Max Landis, and even then he's more famous for all of the ancillary stuff he does.