Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hollywood Scandals & Assorted Skeeve Catch-All
Hardwick profiting from giving those texts to TMZ just tells me that he's a piece of trash.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Shit, that Depp article is nuts.
I'm about 2/3 of the way through the Depp article. So far, it sounds...pretty much like I figured Depp's life must be.
The mention of him wearing a shirt with scarves immediately reminded me of this Onion article - https://entertainment.theonion.com/johnn...1819595420

So, to prove he wasn't shitty, Hardwick sold private texts to TMZ??! That's almost as damning of Hardwick as the original article.
Selling the texts is definitely awful. I had assumed he had just leaked them for the PR value/to defend himself. If he was compensated for them as well, that's truly vile.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Pfff, more likely just realistic. It's the last bit of cash he's going to be making for a long while.
I don't know about that. Bet even if he's truly canned from his various shows he still gets plenty of scratch to walk away.
I'm about 0/3 of the way into the Depp article, but for a long time he's struck me as a guy who wanted to be Keith Richards but, like all mortals, lacked the constitution for it.
(06-21-2018, 05:51 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: I don't know about that. Bet even if he's truly canned from his various shows he still gets plenty of scratch to walk away.

Well that and his wife is crazy rich. I think they live in like a 10 million dollar house or some crazy number.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(06-21-2018, 08:41 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:
(06-21-2018, 05:51 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: I don't know about that. Bet even if he's truly canned from his various shows he still gets plenty of scratch to walk away.

Well that and his wife is crazy rich. I think they live in like a 10 million dollar house or some crazy number.

Lydia HEARST

[Image: Heast-Castle-aerial-panorama-shot.jpg]
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
Well.....was I telling lies?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(06-21-2018, 08:48 PM)vtran Wrote:
(06-21-2018, 08:41 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:

Lydia HEARST

[Image: Heast-Castle-aerial-panorama-shot.jpg]

Jesus, I can't even began to fathom that the fucking guy from Singled Out will probably one day inherit the Hearst Castle.
The poster formerly known as Inkblades.
one host becomes a Hearst

the other the face of the antivaxxer movement

OUR VERHOVEN FUTURE
Don't be surprised when you hear Wil Wheaton's name in the next little while.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
The Roseanne spinoff is officially a go. Good to know the production crew and cast will be keeping their jobs.
(06-21-2018, 11:24 PM)headless fett Wrote: Don't be surprised when you hear Wil Wheaton's name in the next little while.

OK I won't.
I'll try not to but it'll be pretty difficult because he seems so nice and nerdy.
If you recall a number of years ago that Wheaton stood up for notorious douchebag Max Temkin, creator of Cards Against Humanity (a problematic game in of itself), who was accused of raping a woman in college. He automatically believed him despite a number of the victim's friends at the time confirming her story.

Geeks have serious blinders on when it comes to their idols. This Hardwick story is a good example of that.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
I don't recall Fett, to be honest I've never paid any attention at all to Wheaton and know sweet eff A about him besides what I've heard second or third hand.
The last time I paid any attention to Wheaton was...oh wait, that's right, I never watched TNG in the first place.
(06-22-2018, 02:45 AM)headless fett Wrote: If you recall a number of years ago that Wheaton stood up for notorious douchebag Max Temkin, creator of Cards Against Humanity (a problematic game in of itself), who was accused of raping a woman in college. He automatically believed him despite a number of the victim's friends at the time confirming her story.

Geeks have serious blinders on when it comes to their idols. This Hardwick story is a good example of that.

Well that's people in general. Most of Michael Jackson's fans didn't exactly go away.
It's awful and shallow, but I gave up on Wheaton when his Tabletop video series consistently just could not be bothered to get the rules right for the games they were playing.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Even if a person is a sack of shit it makes it difficult for some people to just completely throw them under the bus. Some people may not be able to do that at first. Someone being your personal friend and having a certain amount of denial over that for a spell shouldn't be cause to condemn them completely. At least not at first. Who knows what some of these people are thinking?
Well yeah. I mean I never get angry at friends and family members of the accused who simply can't accept the truth because that truth is fucking horrifying. Like im sure OJ's children believe he is innocent because to believe your father killed your mother is impossible to deal with every day even if deep down they know it's true.
Wheaton has already been accused of blackballing careers of females that spawned his advances. Which is douchey but I'm sure we are going to hear more. With him being Hardwick's old college roommate you know Wheaton is going to get mentioned at some point.

Holy moly, that castle looks like a small village on a south American island....
"I'll live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Running Man.

PSN and Steam gamer tag: rockbollocks

Blizzard ID: Rockbollocks#11635
(06-22-2018, 09:14 AM)jonathan parker Wrote: Wheaton has already been accused of blackballing careers of females that spawned his advances. Which is douchey but I'm sure we are going to hear more. With him being Hardwick's old college roommate you know Wheaton is going to get mentioned at some point.

Holy moly, that castle looks like a small village on a south American island....
I just googled the term to make sure im correct and....are you saying that females release or deposited eggs.....his advances?
Imma say he meant spurned.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
Didn't know THAT about Wheaton.

But that's outside of what I was talking..
(06-22-2018, 09:21 AM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: Imma say he meant spurned.

Im sorry I can't just take your word, im going to need confirmation from him before I can move on from my egg conclusion.
(06-22-2018, 02:45 AM)headless fett Wrote: If you recall a number of years ago that Wheaton stood up for notorious douchebag Max Temkin, creator of Cards Against Humanity (a problematic game in of itself), who was accused of raping a woman in college. He automatically believed him despite a number of the victim's friends at the time confirming her story.

Oof.  First off, had no idea who or what created the card game Cards Against Humanity, nor that there were rape charges against an individual involved.  Second, of course that game is problematic, its meant to be problematic!  Erasing everything problematic, or confrontational, or offensive, or provocative, is that the plan now?  Its a game, Fett.  A fun drinking game.  I certainly don't insist you like it, but to accuse it of being problematic with the slight insinuation that it should go because a.) it offends you (besides entirely missing the point that its supposed to!) and b.) the creator was accused of something hideous, is weird.  Henry Ford factually did some awful shit throughout his life to others, including but not limited to spreading antisemitism in the US at a key moment in history, so let's never purchase anything assembled via assembly line ever again!

Look, a damned silly card game is certainly not the hill I plan on dying on, but this mentality is why classic stand ups like Seinfeld and Rock now refuse to play college campuses.

Oh, I'm totally going to regret this post, I can feel it.  

[sigh]
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

I will stand by you. Im already standing by Johnathan and his ridiculous egg stance.
(06-22-2018, 09:28 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:
(06-22-2018, 09:21 AM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: Imma say he meant spurned.

Im sorry I can't just take your word, im going to need confirmation from him before I can move on from my egg conclusion.

I respect that.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
Ooh, Hearst Castle! Something fun I can be a complete pedant about. 

So technically the Hearst family no longer owns Hearst Castle. It was donated to the state of California shortly after WRH's death in the 1950s, and became a park, then opened to tourists by the end of the decade. It's now a historical monument owned by the state.

However, a provision in the donation by the Hearst family says that they're entitled to use the estate whenever they want and one of the older buildings is set aside for their exclusive use. 

So by that reasoning, Hardwick won't one day own Hearst Castle. He already can kind of use it as he likes. I leave you with pictures of the indoor pool, which is peak Gilded Age. 

home taping is killing music
Yeah, big fan of Hearst Castle, I've done quite a few stately homes around Europe and it's like about fifteen different architectural styles all at once. Pure America.
Actually, I did mean spurned, but autocorrect and not reading what I post created a much better result. Who would have known?
"I'll live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Running Man.

PSN and Steam gamer tag: rockbollocks

Blizzard ID: Rockbollocks#11635