Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hollywood Scandals & Assorted Skeeve Catch-All
(12-05-2019, 04:31 AM)huntertarantino Wrote: I guess Simon Cowell's on cancellation watch:

https://deadline.com/2019/12/gabrielle-u...202800895/

Well on top of everything else he was "illegal inside smoking" so he has got to go.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I'm shocked that this hasn't happened earlier with Simon after all these years.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Did I read that right that Timberlake issued a public apology for holding his co-stars had in public?

That seems unnecessary.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
The apology was to his wife, not to the public.

With that said, I don’t know why he couldn’t have just apologized to her in private. I’m guessing the apology was a PR stunt.
PSN Handle: chetripley80
Probably because the humiliation was public, these people are driven by ego, and because the marriage itself might be a PR thing in the first place.
What a prick.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/h...an-1262852
If anyone had JK Rowling finally outting herself as a TERF on their bingo card. Congratulations I guess.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Didn't that happen years ago?
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
It did but she basically triple downed on it today.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Male privilege is an endless wave
TERF?
(12-19-2019, 09:29 PM)schwartz Wrote: TERF?

Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist, although the term's use has widened to include transphobes in general.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
Tarantula Eating Research Fellow. PETA is furious.
Toaster Edible Research Facility.
Tasty Exotic Roasted Flounder
To elaborate further, feminists who assert that trans women aren't real women and should not be counted as women by the law have been a growing factor in British and American feminism for some years now, but they seem particularly well entrenched in Great Britain. It gets difficult to parse where the feminism stops and where the right wing co-opting of feminist language begins when they start accusing trans women of being male predators out to infiltrate women's safe spaces for sinister ends. See also: the panic over "bathroom bills" here in the States. Rowling's most recent show of support for a prominent British transphobe appears to be part of a long pattern for her.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
(12-20-2019, 12:12 AM)Reasor Wrote: To elaborate further, feminists who assert that trans women aren't real women and should not be counted as women by the law have been a growing factor in British and American feminism for some years now, but they seem particularly well entrenched in Great Britain. It gets difficult to parse where the feminism stops and where the right wing co-opting of feminist language begins when they start accusing trans women of being male predators out to infiltrate women's safe spaces for sinister ends. See also: the panic over "bathroom bills" here in the States. Rowling's most recent show of support for a prominent British transphobe appears to be part of a long pattern for her.

Yeah I was surprised TERFs were such a thing. Like I thought they were much smaller in number in feminist circles but I guess not.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Without wanting to derail too much when we've already got an underutilized LGBT politics thread, this is something that had been on the rise because the political right has seized upon transphobia as the latest hill to fight on. Jezebel.com's Esther Wang reported in May on an alliance between American TERFs and the misogynist religious right, observing the irony that it's a deal with the enemy for both parties if they're sincere about their respective stated principles.

https://jezebel.com/the-unholy-alliance-...1834120309
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
Was TERF a thing before South Park's Mr. Garrison's sex change episode?

Edit: I guess I could read the article first.

Edit2: Also . . . Tough Exorcising Regan's Friend
Feminism
Appropriating
Reactionary
Transphobes
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/featur...es-1263553
Ohhh the first female showrunner to be on the wrong side of metoo. Welcome Sarah Treem!
Her response.
https://deadline.com/2019/12/the-affair-...202815490/
(12-22-2019, 02:59 AM)Felix Wrote: Her response.
https://deadline.com/2019/12/the-affair-...202815490/

Well that all seems pretty reasonable really but.....unfortunately I will still need to see her never work again.
Another Christmas message from Kevin Spacey as the House of Cards guy - https://twitter.com/KevinSpacey/status/1...6169919488

What a nutball.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Merry Christmas!
woof....

and the responses...
always cool realising an actor you enjoyed is a real life psychopath.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
I really want him to end one of these yelling "DETECTIIIIIIIVE!"
The Californians.
Yikes doesn't begin to cover that video.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
My Christmas wish is for one day to have a video where Spacey stokes a fire while O.J. comments on the latest NFL scandal.
Da Fuk did i just see?
Thinking about it, nothing ever came of that schlock journo shitstirring about Jeff Goldblum, did it?
No, but I think Goldblum's been laying low since then as well, hasn't he? He seems like the rare individual who's smart enough to know that trying to get the final word on Twitter is several different kinds of foolish.