Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hollywood Scandals & Assorted Skeeve Catch-All
Quote:

Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post

Faraci/League, Whedon, Knowles, now Weinstein.

Christ who is next?

If we're talking Hollywood, a more appropriate question is 'who ISN'T next?'  Betcha we see a shit ton of this stuff come to the litigation party over the next year or so as more and more people lose their fear of speaking out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dent6084 View Post

Weinstein's statement is... not great: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017...stein.html He quotes Jay-Z!

Starts off pretty level headed then "but look at all the good I've accomplished!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dent6084 View Post

Weinstein's statement is... not great: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017...stein.html He quotes Jay-Z!

Jeeeeesus. "Thanks to a team of the best trained therapists, I learned sexual assault was bad, like, last week."

The NRA dig is really something, too. F'real Harv?

"You see, I've hired people to take personal responsibility for me."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

If we're talking Hollywood, a more appropriate question is 'who ISN'T next?'  Betcha we see a shit ton of this stuff come to the litigation party over the next year or so as more and more people lose their fear of speaking out.

Yeah. Even if he doesn't have nearly the power he had 20 years, if a big name like Weinstein goes down, that could potentially help open the floodgates.

How long 'till League hires him for the Drafthouse?

Quote:

Give it a few months, but you won't find out until a year in.

BirthMoviesHarv

I'm surprised Harvey hasn't responded yet with "At least I never killed any of my assistants like Joel Silver did."

A[quote name="FilmNerdJamie" url="/community/t/156090/hollywood-scandals-assorted-skeeve-catch-all/90#post_4376625"]Faraci/League, Whedon, Knowles, now Weinstein.

Christ who is next?
[/quote]

Heh, sad for Weinstein to be put into a sentence with the first and third. I mean, he actually contributed to film.

Anyone remember that Jaoy Mohr show "Action!"?

Yeah, I guess it was accurate

Quote:

Originally Posted by User_32 View Post

Heh, sad for Weinstein to be put into a sentence with the first and third. I mean, he actually contributed to film.

"PWSENTS!" sounds sinister as Hell coming outta Weinstein's mouth.

First Weinstein sexually harassed Ashley Judd and then he gave her a role in Crossing Over. The man is a monster.

No heroes.

home taping is killing music
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boone Daniels View Post

No heroes.

Who the fuck had Harvey Weinstein as their hero?

Nobody! I just like to quote Nooj, Prophet of the Digital Age. 

Totally waiting for that AmFar piece, though.

Also - so fucking tired of this "it was a different time" excuse. The seventies were forty fucking years ago. Time for you to grow up.

I'm dreading the public statements from the likes of Kevin Smith, who had a falling out with Weinstein years ago and will never back away from media attention.

So they're suing the New York Times.

Quote:
 “It relies on mostly hearsay accounts and a faulty report, apparently stolen from an employee personnel file, which has been debunked by 9 different eyewitnesses,” the Harder Mirell & Abrams lawyer added. “We sent the Times the facts and evidence, but they ignored it and rushed to publish. We are preparing the lawsuit now. All proceeds will be donated to women’s organizations.

Didn't he just admit that it was all true just a bit ago?

http://deadline.com/2017/10/harvey-weins...202182778/

AAnd by "hearsay" we apparently mean "first-hand testimony from Ashley Judd?"
Quote:

So they're suing the New York Times.

Didn't he just admit that it was all true just a bit ago?

http://deadline.com/2017/10/harvey-weins...202182778/

That says "plans to sue." It ain't shit until they file. They're all running scared.

Quote:

Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

And by "hearsay" we apparently mean "first-hand testimony from Ashley Judd?"

Journalists love playing the "detailed account from a person on the record" card. Sad!

AAccording to Weinstein, Ashley Judd is "going through a tough time right now.” Weinstein said he would reach out to her “in a year from now.”

Also why didn't the NYTimes report all the good he did? Vendetta!

But he also says sorry and is looking to get help.

So weird.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/harvey-weins...202183106/
Quote:

Faraci/League, Whedon, Knowles, now Weinstein.

Christ who is next?

The common denominator: They're all fat.

Quote:

BOOM!

Quote:

I'm dreading the public statements from the likes of Kevin Smith, who had a falling out with Weinstein years ago and will never back away from media attention.

Dreading? I'm looking forward to it. No one spins a good Crazy Hollywood yarn like Kevin Smith.

Weinstein has been officially suspended from his company, following what sounds like a very contentious board meeting last night including the resignation of one board member:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/916434020640149504

AHave to wonder what the point of The Weinstein Company is without the Weinsteins... they struggled for relevance enough with them.

A lurid thought, but, now the wall seems to be breaking down on sexual harrasment accusations, at least to some degree, I wonder if the dam will break on the long rumoured Feldman paedophilia stuff?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's out. Publicly fired. Good riddance.

https://www.thewrap.com/harvey-weinstein...n-company/

He'll be back in a few years producing some film about harassment that will garner a ton of award nominations and he'll be celebrated for his comeback journey and how he's changed.

With Devin Faraci writing and Harry Knowles directing from video village.

Quote:

He'll be back in a few years producing some film about harassment that will garner a ton of award nominations and he'll be celebrated for his comeback journey and how he's changed.

Oh yeah he'll definitely weasel his way back in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post

With Devin Faraci writing and Harry Knowles directing from video village.

Quote:

Oh yeah he'll definitely weasel his way back in.

And Joss Whedon ghost directing. Perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post

And Joss Whedon ghost directing. Perfect.

You'll be able to spot Whedon with the shitty pop-culture references.

Devin will eventually clash with Joss because he's not feminist enough.