Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hollywood Scandals & Assorted Skeeve Catch-All
What movie is he making for Millennium? Didn't you mention that, Brad?
It's what the pilgrims intended.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
(10-15-2018, 12:06 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: What movie is he making for Millennium? Didn't you mention that, Brad?

Thanksgiving with the X-Mens.
I give thanks for every X-Men movie..
Maybe not The Last Stand...
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
Nah, Origins is the biggest turkey..
He's getting a $10 million payday to make Red Sonja for Millenium, IIRC.
HE'S making Red Sonja?? I didn't get that memo. Wow....he doesn't seem a good fit for that material. Like, at ALL.

...course...everything Singer has ever made that isn't X-Men related, I've been meh to total dislike so...I guess I don't see him doing....anything, really..
Well, we'll see if he gets to keep the job. Sounds like the Esquire article is huge in scope a la the Farrow/Meyer articles, but Singer and his legal team have certainly avoided these kinds of scandals before. We'll have to see what happens when it drops.
(10-15-2018, 12:50 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: ...course...everything Singer has ever made that isn't X-Men related, I've been meh to total dislike so...I guess I don't see him doing....anything, really..

Wait wait wait wait wait.  The Usual Suspects is both fucking great and a personal favorite.  And, at the very least, Apt Pupil is an interesting, engaging project that juuuuust doesn't quite work.  And I like a number of those X-Men movies too, just not as much as you.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

I thought VALKYRIE was close to being a masterpiece myself. Hell of a movie.
I dozed off during VALKYRIE

and woke up for the finale!

it worked out!
(10-15-2018, 02:27 PM)Nooj Wrote: I dozed off during VALKYRIE

and woke up for the finale!

it worked out!

You pulled an EL ROYALE on it?
I don't know what it is about his non-X-Men movies. They're just....blah (to me). It's not something that I can 100% put my finger on. I just know that I drift off while watching them..
valkyriel royale!!
Nooj has narcolepsy.
I love sleep
THAT'S where your preference for Transformers 2 comes from..
Nooj sleeps in IMAX 3D.
I dunno. As numbing as TF2 is, there's no merciful respite to be found in sleep. I'd have an easier time taking a nap in a running tumbledryer.
Valkyrie is very, very good. A good rewatchable for me.

A masterpiece it is not.

And it's still made by Bryan Singer.
home taping is killing music
[Image: hlfq40edf9x16amhnxnr.jpg]
What baffles me about Transformers 2 (other than it being an interminable cacophony of bullshit) is how SMALL it feels compared to the other ones. I don't know how such a thing is accomplished but....well.

Not that it matters...because I'm not trying to sell these films to anyone. But...at least the other four have set pieces that feel thought out and have ebbs and flows. ROTF just....happens. Like static.

What thread is this again?

...and I think Nooj has found his new avatar..
It's like every thread has a meaningless discussion about TF2 now.
It's not complete until it does..
hey it wasn't me that brought it up
Nobody blamed you! I accept it!
(10-15-2018, 04:33 PM)bradito Wrote: It's like every thread has a meaningless discussion about TF2 now.
It's the traumatic touchstone of our generation. You might as well complain that authors of the early 20th century wrote about WWI a lot.
#stillhealing
I keep assuming you're all talking about Team Fortress 2... then I remember that no, it's a discussion ever MORE lame...
Gamertag: Tweakee