Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hollywood Scandals & Assorted Skeeve Catch-All
(05-17-2019, 02:09 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: Looks like it's time for Tony Robbins to get nailed.  What's coming out about him right now...WOW.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tony-robbi...eed-expose

(05-17-2019, 02:27 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: I don't think I've ever seen a self-help guru that I wouldn't assume to be a sex creep. They're basically cult leaders minus the religious trappings.

Having been briefly involved in one of these self-help/self-improvement communities around 20 years ago, for around a year, this assessment is completely accurate. Even the more positive-focused, less cult-ish entities still have underlying issues of implicit authoritarianism and the usual psychological issues when "programs are rewired" and people feel suddenly liberated--and often enough, libertine--to pursue repressed desires. Administrators of this tech tend to wield considerable power in this environment, and it was the surface rhetoric undermined by the messy human reality beneath that pushed me to ultimately reject the group. 

Robbins distilled the LGAT-- Large Group Awareness Training -- material from the 1970's into a digestable pablum for the masses. He was very effective at it, but it comes as little surprise that he would succumb to the temptations constantly available in this sort of domain.
(05-18-2019, 01:58 PM)kuenjato Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 02:27 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: I don't think I've ever seen a self-help guru that I wouldn't assume to be a sex creep. They're basically cult leaders minus the religious trappings.

Having been briefly involved in one of these self-help/self-improvement communities around 20 years ago, for around a year, this assessment is completely accurate. Even the more positive-focused, less cult-ish entities still have underlying issues of implicit authoritarianism and the usual psychological issues when "programs are rewired" and people feel suddenly liberated--and often enough, libertine--to pursue repressed desires. Administrators of this tech tend to wield considerable power in this environment, and it was the surface rhetoric undermined by the messy human reality beneath that pushed me to ultimately reject the group. 

Robbins distilled the LGAT-- Large Group Awareness Training -- material from the 1970's into a digestable pablum for the masses. He was very effective at it, but it comes as little surprise that he would succumb to the temptations constantly available in this sort of domain.

Well his sexual harassment seems pretty garden variety dick level, not so much cult leader. Like he hit on an employee but they say no and he just keeps coming. I honestly though these stories were going to be more fucked up like the Allison Mack shit.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Allison Mack set the bar pretty high on sexual misconducts.
She did. At least she will be remembered for something.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Actor Jason Mitchell dropped by his agents, dropped by the Showtime series The Chi, and the Netflix movie DESPERADOS due to "misconduct allegations." Oh, and he was dropped by his manger(s):

https://deadline.com/2019/05/jason-mitch...202618811/
Yup, this new Moby/Natalie Portman situation isn't awkward at all!

https://ew.com/celebrity/2019/05/22/nata...y-romance/

#TeamPortman all the way, btw.
Moby, an un-self aware creep? What a shocking twist!
I met Moby once. Does that mean we dated?
If Moby said you did.  Granted, Portman, (cough Hershlag) is not terribly nice either, according to friends of mine.
Hey! I met Moby once in the late 90’s too! And he was butt naked!
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

Oh shit, you were married?
(05-22-2019, 07:47 PM)Dent6084 Wrote: Moby, an un-self aware creep? What a shocking twist!

Attached Files Image(s)

Nah. Found myself at a weird rooftop party at the Chelsea Hotel (I think) with a buddy. It was a “sauna party”, first and only time I’ve been to one. Tents were erected up there around the roof, and inside each was like a 120 degree steam room. My friend and I were lurking at the bar when a naked bald dude walked out of the nearest tent, steaming in the cold (oh, it wasn’t quite winter, but was chilly out). He turned toward us to put a robe on and we saw it was Moby.

Aaand that was a fairly unexciting story.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

If anybody else was wondering why the hell Natalie Portman was wearing a T-shirt with "Milk Fed" on it, that was Sofia Coppola's clothing line. This article about it is like freebasing the 90s - https://www.buzzfeed.com/leonoraepstein/...e-milk-fed
His smile there makes me suspect that they're on ecstasy in this pic
Boy does he look like someone you'd find arrested for serial killings in a Florida trailer park and none of the neighbors are surprised.
He's a goofy looking fucker ain't he..
The comments on that Instagram post are not the validation he was likely hoping for...
His best course of action would be to drop it..
At least we can all agree he is unattractive.
I'd have to see him in motion..
Moby apologizes (after being lambasted by the internet): https://ew.com/celebrity/2019/05/25/moby...ell-apart/