Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hollywood Scandals & Assorted Skeeve Catch-All
(01-08-2020, 05:43 PM)mike j Wrote: Have you ever held a door open for way too long, prompting the person to run?

I'm still amused by this.
My quick rule is that I'll hold the door open for you if you're less than 5 seconds to the door. More than that, you're on your own...unless you've got a huge rack (of lamb).
the equation...

I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Everyone go Kung Fu fighting!
https://www.insider.com/prison-consultan...ips-2020-1
(01-09-2020, 02:36 AM)Felix Wrote: Everyone go Kung Fu fighting!
https://www.insider.com/prison-consultan...ips-2020-1

I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
I've never understood why this is suddenly a big deal. Haven't rich people always gotten their failsons/daughters into elite universities? Isn't that what elite universities are teeming with, failsons/daughters?
Yes, but it's just bad manners to do it openly.
Yeah, I second that. I don’t particularly care what happens to Lori Laughlin, but this feels more like some kind of purge ritual than anything else. Fifty years? Just kick her kid out of college!
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
It's 2-50 years... guess which end of the spectrum she's likely to end up on.

It's also for bribery, mail fraud, wire fraud and money laundering. Not exactly the same as donating to the school.

Personally, as a judge I'd add a year or two for "General Dumbassery".
Gamertag: Tweakee
Mail fraud is always a weird thing for me. Like you can you rattle off a list of terrible crimes but at some point they used the mail system to help commit one of them and now it is worse?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
This certainly won't cause any suspicions:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sur...d_ms_tw_ma

Quote:The surveillance video taken from outside Jeffrey Epstein's jail cell on the day of his first apparent suicide attempt has been permanently deleted, federal prosecutors said Thursday.

Epstein, the disgraced financier who was facing federal sex-trafficking charges, was found semiconscious in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, or MCC, in New York around 1:27 a.m. on July 23.

But that video is now gone because MCC officials mistakenly saved video from a different floor of the federal detention facility, prosecutors said in a court filing.

The MCC "inadvertently preserved video from the wrong tier within the MCC and as a result, video from outside the defendant's cell on July 22-23, 2019 no longer exists," the court papers say.

The FBI made the discovery last week while reviewing a copy of the video provided by MCC officials, prosecutors said.

"After reviewing the video, it appeared to the government that the footage contained on the preserved video was for the correct date and time, but captured a different tier than the one where [the cell housing Epstein and his cellmate] was located because the preserved video did not show corrections officers responding to any of the cells seen on the video.”

The filing was made in a case involving Nicholas Tartaglione, a former police officer in Westchester County, New York, who was Epstein's cellmate on the day of the incident. Tartaglione is awaiting trial on charges that he killed four men and buried them in his yard in 2016. Prosecutors allege that he was involved in a cocaine distribution conspiracy.
Ehh all sounds normal right?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Could happen to anybody!
I like how they're covering it up by just making it look like a perfect storm of complete incompetence. It's v on-brand.