Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carrie Fisher Rushed To Hospital After "Massive" Heart Attack

Don't you fucking dare, 2016.

Oh, just seen this is already being covered in the Dead Celebrities thread. Hopefully that isn't foreshadowing.

AI'd have preferred that not being mentioned in the Dead Celebrities thread yet either. Just seemed wrong..

She only recently appeared on a British tv show called "8 Out Of 10 Cats", and seemed absolutely fine there. It just shows you how these things can come out of nowhere.

Had she suffered a heart attack previously? In TFA interviews her face seemed immobile (that could be plastic surgery of course).

Regardless, she's had an amazing career as an actor and a writer.

I just saw a comment elsewhere that said "2016 started by taking a Starman and now it's trying to finish by taking a Star Wars princess." God, what a depressing thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

I just saw a comment elsewhere that said "2016 started by taking a Starman

When did Jeff Bridges die?

that confused me at first, actually...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambler View Post

When did Jeff Bridges die?

(SShhhhh! Don't make jokes like that, Ambler! 2016 can hear you!)

Quote:

(SShhhhh! Don't make jokes like that, Ambler! 2016 can hear you!)

My bad.  But I still don't know who you were referring to.

Bowie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambler View Post

My bad.  But I still don't know who you were referring to.

Jacknifejohnny is giving you a look of disgust next time he logs in.

Any updates?

All I want for Christmas is for Carrie Fisher to be ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

Any updates?

We found out that Ambler didn't know the Bowie song "Starman".

Oh, you mean about Carrie Fisher? Nope. However, Dave Prose recently tweeted this delightful photo whilst sending her his love:

A friend of mine on Facebook had a brilliant update: Star Wars fans:" Get well Carrie, we love you." Carrie: "I know."

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

It's highly likely that Carrie is in a medically-induced coma designed to prevent brain swelling.  They wouldn't start weening her off those drugs for 4-5 days, so even in a best case scenario she probably won't be conscious until next weekend.

(Double post)

If 2017 takes her, I'm still blaming 2016.  You don't get off the hook that easily, mister!

Quote:

We found out that Ambler didn't know the Bowie song "Starman".

I know it, I just forgot he left us earlier this year.

https://twitter.com/DebbieReynolds1/stat...2002723841

Quote:

Carrie is in stable condition.If there is a change,we will share it. For all her fans & friends. I thank you for your prayers & good wishes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0noqrKUoAAIjNy.jpg:largehttp://cdn.chud.com/e/e9/e9ec205f_CFvsJabba2016.jpeg

AHonestly, that pic is exactly the catharsis I need after this fucking year. Jeez louise.

And she's gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

And she's gone.

What? No.

At Age 60. Jesus.

No. It's not fair, 2016.

Her mother is now in the hospital after suffering a stroke apparently.

AJesus fucking Christ

Peter Mayhew is such a classy and wonderful person.

Quote:

It's okay to grieve.

Our Princess: We in the Star Wars family have had a very difficult week with the passing of Carrie Fisher, and her mother. We are grieving. For most of us, it's real grief, whether you met her or not, we all knew her. But it's New Year's weekend, and a lot of us will be getting together with "our family" to ring in the New Year. If you are at a show where we are, and plan to stop by our table, we want you to know it's ok. Talk about Carrie, mention her, share condolences. We grieve with you. And then, tell a joke and be happy, because it's what she would want us to do. She was a one of a kind, the emotional roller coaster is one we are all riding on together. Most importantly, as in all things Carrie Fisher, be real. May the Force be with you.

Peter Mayhew

AYeah, Star Wars Celebration is going to be an interesting mix of emotions this year.