Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS (2019) Pre-Release Discussion
Ahttps://mobile.twitter.com/Mike_Dougherty/status/911309822099968001/photo/1

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/247496/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Oh god, I'm gonna be as bad as Barry about this, aren't I?

This is going to be amazing.

AI missed it on Dougherty's Twitter feed in August, but apparently they were shooting in Mexico City during the solar eclipse.

As much as I'm looking forward to seeing how shots of Mexico City in mid-day darkness will serve the movie, it's going to be awkward as fuck watching the city get destroyed on film after the recent quake.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turingmachine75 View Post

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mike_Doughert...01/photo/1

Oh god, I'm gonna be as bad as Barry about this, aren't I?

Is that the back of a taxi? And is that Big G image for reference?

Uh oh, rehash of '98 Guanzilla confirmed. Oh no... OH GINO!

AOff topic, but this looks like a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tsIOV1jS10

Pacific Rim 2 trailer
A

I really hope they have a teaser for GODZILLA: KotM in front of PACIFIC RIM UPRISING. Talk about playing to your target audience.

Oh and that new trailer is unbelievably awesome.

The new Pacific Rim trailer does look good. I liked that all the action took place during the day. One of my problems with the first one was that the fights took place at night and in the rain so the action was tough to follow. Its going to take more than one good trailer to make me want to watch that movie; the first one was such a let down for me.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
ARainy nights are a common trick in cinema to cover up how obviously fake cgi looks in the daytime. People are already complaining about the cg in the PR2 trailer not looking as good as PR 1. Well yeah, because most of its in the daytime now!
Apparently there was an early test screening of KotM last night and the reactions so far are pretty positive. A lot more kaiju action and some epic fights, which no surprise, cardboard human characters, again no surprise. People were comparing it to KONG: SKULL ISLAND which is fine by me. Bring on the monster mash! BRING. IT. ON.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
The film is scheduled out in a year. Is enough of it done to hold any kind of meaningful screening?
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(03-07-2018, 05:33 PM)richard dickson Wrote: The film is scheduled out in a year. Is enough of it done to hold any kind of meaningful screening?

Define "done." They certainly have a cut of it, but there won't be more than a couple final FX shots.

They'll usually play a video before it starts emphasizing how rough it is for the audience so that it doesn't bother 'em. (I saw WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES early, and the video showed side-by-sides of the actors and the apes because 95% of the cut was actors in mocap suits; my jaw dropped when Toby Kebbell/Koba was in the video!)
Skull Island was a fun time, so if it can make or surpass that bar, I'll be pleased.
I was caught a little off guard by this movies existence. I knew the Kong vs Godzilla film was coming, but I didn't realise there was a Godzilla sequel coming first.

I love both Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island, but for different reasons. Not sure exactly what to expect from this, but I have high hopes.
PSN: Kriegaffe
We're still a year out I think, but I'd like to see something soon about this.
My PSN ID - electrichead72-----------------------------------------I'm not dumb! I'm smart! and I want respect!
(06-24-2018, 04:37 PM)electrichead Wrote: We're still a year out I think, but I'd like to see something soon about this.

I would think that they'll have something to show at Comic Con.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
God, I hope so.
(06-24-2018, 01:37 AM)kriegaffe Wrote: I love both Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island, but for different reasons. Not sure exactly what to expect from this, but I have high hopes.

I love both movies, too. I'll admit I'm a bit worried about how they'll pull off three monsters - one of which is a giant MOTH - and keep it cool without devolving into silliness. The wrong kind of silliness, I mean. SKULL ISLAND is silly AF but it's my kind of silly.

And no, none of you have changed my mind. Mothra is super fucking lame.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Even the pint size singing twins? Cute doll sized singing Japanese twins!

"Mosura-yah! Mosura..."
Git' in under mah belly!
This movie is just an obstacle in the way of Trick r’ Treat 2, IMO.

(06-24-2018, 06:32 PM)MichaelM Wrote: And no, none of you have changed my mind. Mothra is super fucking lame.

Mothra's great! Depending on how they use her, you can essentially get two completely different monsters out of her (if they include the caterpillar form).

(06-24-2018, 07:33 PM)catartik Wrote: This movie is just an obstacle in the way of Trick r’ Treat 2, IMO.

Oh, I totally agree with that. I really hope it still happens; KRAMPUS demonstrated that Dougherty still can pull it off.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
I have no doubt that Doughtery's Big G is going to be some solid rock'em sock'em fun. Can't wait for the news out of SDCC.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
(06-24-2018, 07:33 PM)catartik Wrote: This movie is just an obstacle in the way of Trick r’ Treat 2, IMO.

Seems more like a stepping stone than a obstacle.
(06-24-2018, 06:32 PM)MichaelM Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 01:37 AM)kriegaffe Wrote: I love both Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island, but for different reasons. Not sure exactly what to expect from this, but I have high hopes.

I love both movies, too. I'll admit I'm a bit worried about how they'll pull off three monsters - one of which is a giant MOTH - and keep it cool without devolving into silliness. The wrong kind of silliness, I mean. SKULL ISLAND is silly AF but it's my kind of silly.

But what about when Mothra is in larva form? He shoots can shoot cocoons around Godzilla....right?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Mothra can and will kick your ass in both larvae and her final form. Proving that kaiju ladies can get shit done (and also wreck it).

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
But will the little singing ladies be there? I hope so.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(06-24-2018, 11:43 PM)simbob Wrote:

Seems more like a stepping stone than a obstacle.

Krampus making 4 times it's budget was a stepping stone.

If Godzilla 2 is not a financial success it would not bode well for future projects, even if lower budgeted.

Hence obstacle.

(06-24-2018, 06:32 PM)MichaelM Wrote:

I'm not too worried about the monsters being handled well. I just hope the human characters are more interesting this time around. That's never going to be my main reason for watching these movies, but come on, you've got Ken Watanabe and Sally Hawkins as kaiju scientists. Don't tell me you can't do something fun with that!
Vera Farmiga is a “DJ for the Monsters” in ‘Godzilla 2’
https://www.slashfilm.com/godzilla-2-vera-farmiga/

I'm worried this means no psychic Mothra.
(07-12-2018, 01:46 PM)turingmachine75 Wrote: I'm worried this means Mothra is still in this movie.

FIFY  Tongue
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Goddamnit Michael . . . I wore the suit! I wore the suit!
I grew up watching the Godzilla movies. Thought the reboot was okay but Kong was awesome. My son loves 'em, too, and collects all the toys (the ones I couldn't afford as a child).

Will be there on opening day, IMAX 3D preferred!
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
(07-12-2018, 01:45 PM)RCA Wrote: Vera Farmiga is a “DJ for the Monsters” in ‘Godzilla 2’
https://www.slashfilm.com/godzilla-2-vera-farmiga/

This sounds like a variation on what they did in movies like Monster Zero and Destroy All Monsters, with the kaiju being controlled by various forces (usually aliens). I dig it.

That's new, yes?