Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS (2019) Pre-Release Discussion
Nothing in Madagascar needed its ass whooped.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
(08-24-2018, 03:24 PM)Reasor Wrote: Nothing in Madagascar needed its ass whooped.

"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
Well, THIS is interesting.

I thought for sure he was going to skirt all the way past the Cape of Good Hope and mill around in the Atlantic for a while, but today he's veered left, bringing his projected route a lot closer to King Ghidorah's resting place.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
No one at Monarch's Antarctica outpost needed their asses whooped.  

...Today.

He's probably just going around taking a piss on things so if these creatures come out of hiding, they know he's around and they're in his territory.
My PSN ID - electrichead72-----------------------------------------I'm not dumb! I'm smart! and I want respect!
Beating the summer heat, or taking a break from monster hunting duties to tour Antarctica with GWAR?

Both!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
After a solid week of circling Antarctica, we're back at the King Ghidorah Monarch outpost.

Seeing 'Zilla make his rounds like a Guard just makes me imagining him wearing a Police Cap and swinging a Billy Club.

And now I'm disappointed that the movies don't do that.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
After a week of circling Antarctica, Godzilla has moved north again toward the center of the Pacific -- only to disappear from the radar again, this time south of Monster Island.  This screenshot shows his last known location.

More tunnel shenanigans!
I don't want to be spoiled but I'd love more ancillary marketing on this. This is tied with Avengers 4 for the movie I'm most excited about in 2019.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Back out of the tunnels today, headed toward South America.

He's been watching flat earth videos and wanted to try out that ice wall/timing of an antarctic circuit thing for himself.
I wonder if he's just walking around and is like...

" I wish some shit would happen around here."
My PSN ID - electrichead72-----------------------------------------I'm not dumb! I'm smart! and I want respect!
Calling it now: Godzilla's red line immediately prior to the movie launching will lead to wherever the world premiere is taking place.
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
That's a good call.

Either that or he pulls a disappearing trick just before the premiere. The trailer shows him in that underwater shot I think. Maybe they are looking for him and that's how it starts, or maybe he just goes down there to chill and recharge after he kicks someone's ass. He needs some "me" time.
Someone from Toho Kingdom posted up a leaked summary of the flick on Reddit earlier today that just got pulled down . . . suggesting the leak is legit.
It looks like he's hanging around Skull Island today.

Isn't that we decided that outpost was?