Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stranger Things: Season Two (Netflix) discussion brought to you by Overlord
AGenerally what happens is the vines wither and die, then the farm hands go out and cut the vines off and leave the pumpkins in the field to be collected and shipped.

A lot of fields around where I live look like that in October.

Plus some pumpkin patches let you go into the field to pick your pumpkin.

The oversight on the poster is that they usually keep the pumpkins tipped on their side. Placing them upright like that lets moisture sit at the base of the stem and they will rot if left like that a long time. That's why pumpkins grow on their sides.

The imagery is better though.

Well, I'm satisfied with that. Thanks.

Ummm, you guys also noticed the weird holes in the pumpkins too right? Like something burst out of them Alien style?

AI didn't even notice that because the image is too dark.

I see it now though.
A[quote name="bigbrother" url="/community/t/159081/stranger-things-season-two-netflix/100_50#post_4385486"]Ummm, you guys also noticed the weird holes in the pumpkins too right? Like something burst out of them Alien style?
[/quote]
I haven’t finished the mobile game yet, but some of the random townspeople have dialogue about something weird going on with the pumpkins.

Almost here!

Trying to decide whether to binge (probable) or stretch it out for a week or so.  Toying with the idea of taking the kids camping and hauling a battery pack and a large-ish TV with us so we can watch it in the wilderness.  Seems perfect.

AI’ll probably binge. Since I have no life.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post

I’ll probably binge. Since I have no life.

AI just can’t binge watch a show. At most I’ll do 2 episodes in a day.
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.T. View Post

Why Steve? Nancy was the one who dragged Barb to his house and peer pressured her into shotgunning a beer, which got her hand bleeding and drew out the Demogorgon.

Then, Nancy totally gives Barb the brush-off while Barb is bleeding profusely and yet still more concerned for Nancy.

Really, Barb's death is on Nancy's hands. All Steve did was have super rad hair that no lady can resist.

I mean, if anything the blame is on Barb for injuring herself shotgunning a beer.  Is there nothing Barb can't fuck up?

I'll watch a good chunk of this Friday.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

Burned through season 1 over the weekend, liked it.  Now looking forward to season 2, and hoping for the best.

Season two seems to be getting generally good reviews. Variety thinks the new characters aren't particularly interesting and that the main story takes a bit too long to get going ("once the story kicks into a higher gear about halfway through the nine-episode season, a lot of the old magic returns") but, if it's truly binge-able, that might not be too much of an issue. Sepinwall liked it, which is probably good enough for me.

I hope Season 2 can rise above its thin world building and bring us something beyond the whole Upside Down is just an empty place with one creature in it.

Also, get rid of all the call backs and references that are connected to the story structurally.

I hope you can stop being such a stick in the mud bummer!

You say thin world building. I say letting the audience fill in the gaps. I really liked S1's demurring from detailed exposition or explanations. It gave us just enough information to make the questions and answers palatable without overstaying their welcome.

I thought it was OKAY!

But c'mon, it wasn't great. Don't you want it great, Freeman?

I thought it was great.

So did I!

AI was thinking about trying to stretch S2 out by watching an episode a day or something, but who the fuck am I kidding? I am going to binge-watch the shit out of this.

AV Club likes season two so much they believe the series can continue at a high quality for a couple more seasons as well.

https://www.avclub.com/stranger-things-d...1819771382

Haven't the showrunners said they're working with a five season run in mind?

Probably watch an episode of this tonight.

It'll be fine.

Yes.  http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/13/stranger-thi...y-seasons/

This S2 thing ain't half bad.  Ep. 4 really hits the gas.

Watched the first episode before work this morning.  Some non-spoiler initial thoughts:

- Feels really nice to be back with all these characters.

- The show gets a little too cute with the needle drops (at least in this episode); great songs, but LOTS of them.

- Paul Reiser and Sean Astin seem like great additions at this early stage, and they’re bringing a fresh energy to things.  I’ll be interested to see where their characters end up going.

- Because of the nature of season one, we didn’t get to spend much time with Will, but he’s front and center here, and it’s his story that appears to be driving this year.  Seeing a young boy dealing with the things he experienced last season (and the things he’s experiencing now) is a great hook.

Ready to fully dive into the season tonight!

The writer for ign seems to have stayed up through the night to watch it. All 9 episodes were reviewed when I woke up at 630 this morning.

Just glancing at their scores and skimming info to avoid spoilers, I have a feeling that I am going to have the same opinion of this as I did the first season: it's fine -- I don't love it, but it's pleasant enough.

I'm five-and-a-half episodes in.  More non-spoiler thoughts:

- Noah Schnapp is absolutely killing it as Will.  On paper, the stuff they're putting this character through should make it easy to earn the audience's sympathy, but Schnapp brings it to life in very convincing, affecting fashion.

- If season one was about Mike's developing relationship with Eleven, season two so far is about Mike's friendship with Will, which is great because we didn't get to see much of their bond in action last year.

- Astin and Ryder have a very sweet, easy-going chemistry.

- Reiser is proving to be a terrific addition, and an entirely different sort of character than Modine was last season (if we want to compare the two as the show's faces of government scientific research).

- I'm not a huge fan of the way some of the major characters from the first season have been sidelined/split up so far.  Once I see how the season wraps up, I may have more thoughts on this.

- As of 5.5 episodes, I'm now Team Steve.

I still have a mental image of Paul Reiser from his Mad About You days. Man I could not believe that was him until I heard him speak.

Two Episodes in and I'm (for now) unexpectedly on Team Steve:

Once Nancy does her Drunk White Girl Drama Bit at the party, I was kind of done with her.

Also, digging the follow up focus on Will. Hopper remains great. And the Lovecraftian terror is delicious.

I haven't started yet, but it will take a lot for me to be on team Steve.

Or maybe very little.  I don't know how Steve makes me feel.  He was pretty badass with that bat.

I spent the first whole episode and 2/3 of the second mercilessly mocking him and his pretty, pretty hair.

And then....yep. Team Steve.

Don't hate us pretty people.  It's so petty.  And tiny.

So you're saying I'm not pretty? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING?

You're NOT pretty.  You're a fucking handsome ass smoke show. I'd hit it all day long.

Would you rather be Kit Harington pretty or Sean Connery MANLY attractive?  Because you're the latter I've decided.