Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HALLOWEEN 11: THE 3D OF MICHAEL MYERS - Pre-Release Thread
ABellow, what is your ideal plot line or story hook for this Halloween?
AMichael Myers kills people.

I think a return to the sort of atmosphere of the original, with a more "unknowable" Michael Myers/The Shape is warranted.  Plus a body count.  Beyond that... who knows?

ABradito don’t be so NEGATIVE

So, Tony Moran asked for too much money?

The first is still the best and creepiest of Michael's appearances. You could usually tell there was a different performer behind the mask. Looking forward to this.

AI know TommyLee Wallace did the closet scene, didn’t they have a few other scenes that were non Castle?
AWhen they pull his mask off.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belloq87 View Post

I think a return to the sort of atmosphere of the original, with a more "unknowable" Michael Myers/The Shape is warranted.  Plus a body count.  Beyond that... who knows?

It must have an awesome synth score. If Carpenter doesn't do it, I'm sure whoever scores Stranger Things would be up for the task.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

I don't have very high expectations for this film but I'm at least excited to see it. It's been awhile since I could say that about a Halloween film.

The last time was Halloween Water.

AI feel pretty safe in getting my hopes up for this. Even if it's the Halloween equivalent of Prometheus or Alien Covenant (to say....something really weird), I'll be happy..

The creative team was such an unexpected choice that I have to be interested in this.

A[quote name="Fraid uh noman" url="/community/t/159083/halloween-11-the-3d-of-michael-myers-pre-release-thread/300#post_4433510"]I feel pretty safe in getting my hopes up for this. Even if it's the Halloween equivalent of Prometheus or Alien Covenant (to say....something really weird), I'll be happy..[/quote]

I'm suddenly expecting New Nightmare . . . less all the meta stuff.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post

I feel pretty safe in getting my hopes up for this. Even if it's the Halloween equivalent of Prometheus or Alien Covenant (to say....something really weird), I'll be happy..

That's a subterranean bar to clear, Fraid.

A[quote name="millennium1" url="/community/t/159083/halloween-11-the-3d-of-michael-myers-pre-release-thread/300#post_4433524"]That's a subterranean bar to clear, Fraid.  
[/quote]
Not for me. I liked em lol..

I chose my words to harshly.  Halloween and the Alien franchise share a quality between them: no one wants a further installment to fuck up what came before.

A[quote name="millennium1" url="/community/t/159083/halloween-11-the-3d-of-michael-myers-pre-release-thread/330#post_4433530"]I chose my words to harshly.  Halloween and the Alien franchise share a quality between them: no one wants a further installment to fuck up what came before.
[/quote]
You didn't really speak too harshly. I just happen to dig some wildly unpopular movies..

Laurie's long hair is back, but more importantly... Dean Cudney!

I feel like a real buzzkill pointing this out, but I think that's the clapboard used for the original. It names Carpenter as the director and lists the date as May 1, 1978. Still, I checked iMDB and didn't see a cinematographer listed, so who knows? It would be great if Cundey is back!

Oh. Sad

ALong hair Laurie! Not that short hair fraud Laurie from H20.

Has that happened btw? An actor returns to a role years later only to return to that role years later again but ignore the middle years later one? I think we have a first!
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomTastic View Post

Oh. Sad

It's still possible!

A[Image: 400][Image: 400][/IMG]

For those on Instagram, the official page of the movie is that first pic if you wanna follow the production.

The other pic is the first sighting of Nick Castle in The Shape costume!

I’m tempted to drive the three hours to Charleston to do some spy work.
Quote:

Originally Posted by User_32 View Post

Long hair Laurie! Not that short hair fraud Laurie from H20.

Has that happened btw? An actor returns to a role years later only to return to that role years later again but ignore the middle years later one? I think we have a first!

Connery with Diamonds are Forever and then Never Say Never Again? That's its own messy thing, but it's sorta, kinda close.

AHighlander 3 ignores Highlander 2, then Highlander: Endgame ignores 3.

Christopher Lambert gotta eat.
Quote:

Originally Posted by User_32 View Post

Long hair Laurie! Not that short hair fraud Laurie from H20.

And it's a better wig than the one she wore in part 2.

Carpenter's signature theme? Check.

Now let's hope the movie kicks ass.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
I don't like it . . . waaaaay too much string orchestra when it should be as minimalistic-ish as possible.
Needs more dubstep.

This will be PG-13 right?
We are all hoping.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I dig the new version of the theme, especially the orchestration.

Here's hoping the film can match the track for building on the original without bastardizing or weakening it.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
At first I thought the piano power chords sounded like it was being dropped down the stairs in comical slow motion but the more I listen to it the more I like it. Sweet.
"I'll live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Running Man.

PSN and Steam gamer tag: rockbollocks

Blizzard ID: Rockbollocks#11635
John Squires for Bloody Disgusting is claiming this version is a fake.