• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D.T. FINALLY Gets a Fucking Playstation 4

Unfriended.

A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

What's a, uh, good TV to get for a PS4?

Asking for a friend.

As a movie fan, I'd say 120hz is the must have feature. That's how you get the true 24fps playback when watching movies. It makes a big difference.

We'd need size preference and price range to get more specific than that.

I hear the ZT60 is pretty good.

A[quote name="Kyle Reese" url="/community/t/159100/d-t-finally-gets-a-fucking-playstation-4/30#post_4232867"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

What's a, uh, good TV to get for a PS4?

Asking for a friend.

As a movie fan, I'd say 120hz is the must have feature. That's how you get the true 24fps playback when watching movies. It makes a big difference.

We'd need size preference and price range to get more specific than that.[/quote]
I didn't even know about this 120hz thing. I guess if I've got just a PS3, I'm not in the 120hz club?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post

I didn't even know about this 120hz thing. I guess if I've got just a PS3, I'm not in the 120hz club?

Hurts, doesn't it?

AIt's so hard to read some of the PS3 text on an analog TV.

Get it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post

PS3 (and most dvd/blu players) can output at 24fps just fine. It's in the video options on the system menu. The TV just has to have 120hz capability for it to work.

(24 divides evenly into 120, but it doesn't divide evenly into 60. That's why you need the 120)

AI have no idea if my TV is doing that or not..
Quote:

Originally Posted by COULD432 View Post

In addition to Uncharted 4, I would recommend the following exclusives:

- Until Dawn

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil spurn View Post

While older, Shadow of Mordor is pretty damned good too.

I am one of those people that buys games but takes forever to actually play them so I can recommend both of these as well based on recent gameplay. Until Dawn I played last October and it is a great horror game for that time of year. If you know nothing about it, there's this big WTF moment when you learn what the actual threat it. The replay value is high as your decisions change the outcome of the story.

I am in the middle of Shadow of Mordor right now. You will never get tired of beheading Orcs, I will tell you right now. Or hunting down the ones that got lucky and killed you. 

Yeah, Until Dawn was a good time.

Destiny.  I think you should get Destiny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TzuDohNihm View Post

Destiny.  I think you should get Destiny.

Now you are speaking my language!  Though I hear the latest update screwed everything up.

Also if you have any spare change of gift cards lying around, you should pick up a PSVR.

ASo far, it's been worth the wait. The polish on the PS4 is great and the dashboard/UI is way more professional than the XBONE's.

I started Second Son last night and fell in love with the DualShock. Holding the controller sideways to start spray painting a mural, shaking it like a can and feeling the pea and hearing it in the onboard speaker, all felt awesome. Using the touchpad instead of QTEs is great, too.

Why is there a Polish person on your PS4?

ASome weird promotion Best Buy was running. I thought it was strange, having someone standing on the thing while I'm playing, but the dude makes a mean kielbasa with sauerkraut.

I've been having fun playing the free PSN games.

Let it Die is pretty cool.

I kind of wish I'd never bought any games on disc.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/a...tent=Brand

AUnfortunately, Second Son is about the only PS4 game to even try to take advantage of the sixasis and touchpad to full effect. Most games just relegate the touchpad to item/power select, or treat it as an oversized Select button. Most games forget the sixasis is even a thing. The lightbar is completely useless and you can't turn it off.

The worst thing about the DS4? It has shit battery life compared to the DS3, and its all the touchpad's fault. The thing that is barely used drains the charge faster than anything else.

I leave my DualShock 4 plugged into the USB port on my computer most of the time, when I'm playing.

My living room cockpit has my computer desk right beside me, so it's easy to just leave it plugged in.

Second Son seems like a lot of fun, I should play it more.

I've been trying to get better at Awesomenauts, but I am so bad at it that I might just sell it soon.