Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Alex Jones thread: Because it's time
Ahahahahahaha, I totally forgot about this fruitcake.

Ah, for the days when it was the Green Party that attracted the nutjobs.
"c'mon humans....it's all good..."

[Image: Eqk4WAXUcAAP3Bx?format=jpg&name=small]
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Just old enough to remember when David Icke was only famous for being a sports reporter.
I do wonder if Icke was partially inspired by this early 80’s model of a hypothetical advanced sapient dinosaur, specifically a Troodon.

If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
C'mon, that's obviously a Sleestak.
Louie CK actually tried to get to the bottom of this years ago with Donald Rumsfeld.

“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(12-31-2020, 11:55 AM)commodorejohn Wrote: Ahahahahahaha, I totally forgot about this fruitcake.

Ah, for the days when it was the Green Party that attracted the nutjobs.

I first heard about Icke in the late 90s and early 2000s when one of the local student radio DJs who had a particular fondness for stuff like conspiracy theories and cryptozoology would drop clips from his talks in between tunes during the breakfast show.

Oh for the days when such bollocks seemed so harmlessly entertaining.
(12-31-2020, 01:17 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: C'mon, that's obviously a Sleestak.

Would you believe I’ve never seen but one, maybe two, not terribly memorable episodes of Land of the Lost?
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
(12-31-2020, 01:12 PM)turingmachine75 Wrote: I do wonder if Icke was partially inspired by this early 80’s model of a hypothetical advanced sapient dinosaur, specifically a Troodon.
Annnndddd childhood nightmare fuel comes rushing back into my headspace.
Remember when we used to find conspiracy theorists endearing.

I always felt like deep down, most of them knew they were full of shit and it was more about the community than actually believing any of it. Used to be that way anyways.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
I had thoughts like that around the time of the X-Files relaunch in 2016.  The semi-Infowars stuff was really tone deaf.  9/11 trutherism quickly stripped any of the "fun" elements out of conspiracy theorists.
Yeah, before conspiracy theories became far-right fanfiction, they did have some actual intrigue. They faked the moon landing, there was a second gunman on the grassy knoll, aliens landed in Roswell, New Mexico, and their bodies and shuttlecraft are housed at Area 51.

Now it's incomprehensible weaponized propaganda that's deliberately nonsensical because the whole point is to just confuse its adherents into believing everything but the truth.
Reminds me, I know people hated the most recent season of X-Files, but I really liked the look of disgust on Mulders face when Scully mentioned how OG conspiracy theorists like him were getting pushed out by birthers and grifters and phonies with political agendas.

Speaking of, DI is definitely a true believer. A few lizards short of a herpetarium, that one.
Yeah, back when that kind of stuff was interesting because it was more the product of broken, fucked-up people with legitimate mental issues trying to make some sense out of the chaos that was their own lives and filtering it through whatever random ideas they happened to absorb from someone else to create a narrative that seemed like it explained things to them. Now it's all coded propaganda, all the time - and, unsurprisingly, we have the likes of Alex fucking Jones to thank for that.
(12-31-2020, 05:53 PM)ska oreo Wrote: Remember when we used to find conspiracy theorists endearing.

I always felt like deep down, most of them knew they were full of shit and it was more about the community than actually believing any of it. Used to be that way anyways.
Well I imagine that like much of religion this is true but conspiracy theorists get shunned a little more I think so they retreat farther into the conspiracy.

Flat earth people are still fun though right?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Are they technically wrong, though? I mean "lizard people in suits" seems to really accurately describe McConnell, Graham, and Cruz, amongst others.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Admittedly, I would not be the least bit surprised to see Stephen Miller unhinge his jaw and swallow a live rat whole.
I used to listen to a podcast that would debunk conspiracy theories, and the Flat Earth ep was fun because one guy accidentally went too far down the rabbit hole and was really struggling with whether or not he believed the Earth was round.

What a maroon!
I enjoyed the ancient aliens-type theories back in my younger (and dumber) days. There was something “cool” about “knowing” all this esoteric stuff, like a pulp sci-fi world...only real! Interdimensional lizards? Aliens? Holy grail, magic books of the Bible? All of that is kinda neat in a world building kind of way.

For me, it even slipped into 9/11 trutherism (ugh) which slowly, not sure even how, turned into MGTOW anti-woman bullshit. It stopped being fun, sci-fi stuff (or if it was, all tinged with right-wing propaganda) and became more and more hate filled. I almost fell deep into it, actually. But, I had a gf I really liked, and a job and friends and it...stopped being important, or believable or fun. Just became ugly, misogynistic and racist.

I already regret asking, but what is MGTOW?
Mecha-Gamera, the Other Warrior.
Sounds like a dweeb!
(12-31-2020, 10:41 PM)schwartz Wrote: I already regret asking, but what is MGTOW?

I think it stands for "Men Going Their Own Way", which, if they were *trying* to make it sound incredibly homoerotic, Mission Accomplished, fellas.
Sounds like a bunch of dweebs!
(12-31-2020, 10:41 PM)schwartz Wrote: I already regret asking, but what is MGTOW?

Essentially that men move away from women.  On principle, I think it’s a solid premise: men are too often defined entirely by “crushing v” or getting a girlfriend, so it’s not a bad idea.

It’s just that it’s also steeped in so much fucking sexism.  So basically it’s just a bunch of sad men whining about how women get away with everything and blah blah blah.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
The Lizard of Oz

Officials want U.S. communication networks to be more secure following the Nashville bombing:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nashvi...d=msedgntp

Quote:Four days after the bombing on Christmas Day in downtown Nashville crippled cell service, internet and even key tools for law enforcement across a multi-state region, residents in White County, Tennessee, still struggled to get through to the county's emergency communications center.

Though the center's landlines worked and officials pushed out a non-emergency number via social media, the rural Tennessee county's 911 Emergency Director Suzi Haston said she remained shocked their wireless services were still out after the bombing damaged an AT&T building more than 90 miles away.

Even farther away, in Alabama, the bombing forced first responders to use two-way radio and text messaging systems after the state's primary communications network for public safety workers, FirstNet, was disrupted.

The vulnerability of the telecommunications system in Tennessee and across the Southeast became clear Christmas Day. Now, federal, state, and local officials are starting to demand answers from AT&T, asking how such a telecommunications nightmare happened and how to ensure it can't happen again.

The AT&T building in Nashville that suffered damage houses connection points for regional internet and wireless communications. Although authorities have not yet said what motivated the suspected bomber, the blast from an RV laden with explosives brought communications across the region, from Georgia to Kentucky, to a halt.  

It affected 911 call centers, hospitals, the Nashville airport, government offices and individual mobile users. Patients were left unable to contact pharmacies, issues with credit card devices hamstrung businesses big and small.
It's almost like our telecommunications infrastructure here in the US is.....inadequate?

This is awful. Because of nutters like Jones, Lenny Pozner, whose son Noah was killed at Sandy Hook, has to wear a disguise because of threats from Conspiracy morons:

https://twitter.com/donie/status/1345451...72225?s=20
"I don't do tag-teams with blood relatives". Kenny Powers.
I can only imagine how much rambling this guy did:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-nashville...05613.html

Quote:Before he blew himself up in a Christmas Day attack that devastated blocks of downtown Nashville, Anthony Warner sent materials about his views to people he knew, federal investigators said Saturday.

In a statement to The Associated Press, FBI Special Agent Jason Pack said authorities are “aware the suspect sent materials which espoused his viewpoints to several acquaintances throughout the country.”
I guess I should start placing Greene stuff in the "Republican" thread:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1346197591361531909

Quote:Marjorie Taylor Greene, who is traveling with Trump to GA, says: “I think our secretary of state has failed Georgia. I believe our elections should be decertified.”

Asked if doing so would impact her and other Georgia Rs, she said: "We're just talking about the President's race.”
lol:

https://twitter.com/aidnmclaughlin/statu...6313316353

Quote:trump has reached the "retweeting tomi lahren" stage of grief

[Image: ErBlbQhXYAITCet?format=jpg&name=small]
Even before it was Italy, I knew it was Italy!!

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/13...4607521794

Quote:I’m excited for the “secret black-italian cabal stole the election” conspiracy theory cycle because I have absolutely never seen that one before

[Image: ErDDPCHXAAAwmvM?format=jpg&name=900x900]
dafuq
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
New York Times reporter Sheera Frenkel:

https://twitter.com/sheeraf/status/1346923853730045954

Quote:In case anyone is wondering, online these far right movements are claiming victory. Even if they were quickly evacuated by police, the photographs of them freely roaming the halls of Congress are powerful optics they will use to recruit thousands to their cause.