Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Alex Jones thread: Because it's time
Yeah, you're being duped:

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-sieg...testimony/

Quote:In Special Agent Johnson’s testimony, the defendant claimed to be a true believer of QAnon. (The short version is that this is a conspiracy theory purporting that the world is run by a cabal Satanist pedophiles that Trump was ordained to defeat). Jensen allegedly believed that Pence and some members of Congress would be arrested after the break-in at the Capitol.

The defendant allegedly maintained that he still believed in QAnon, and that the FBI and CIA were corrupt, but even so, he asked if the news about the arrests of Pence and members of Congress was legit.

“Am I being duped?” he said. “Can you guys let me in on that if you know those arrests are real?”

Assistant U.S. Attorney Virgnia Bruner asserted that Jensen was too dangerous to let go, and that he could not be trusted to go to court if released. Assistant Federal Defender Joe Herrold asserted that the defendant’s wife–who is not a QAnon proponent and recommended he speak to police–could have supervision over him. Though Jensen was fired after news of his involvement at the insurrection, he has another job offer, Herrold said.
"Special Agent Johnson's testimony' they say. But was it Robert Davi, or the other Johnson?
*I understood that reference .gif*
Not sure if this has been posted before (it's from September), but it is a pretty fascinating read about how people get sucked into conspiracy theories like QAnon.

A Game Designer’s Analysis Of QAnon
https://medium.com/curiouserinstitute/a-...0972548be5

Quote:I am a game designer with experience in a very small niche. I create and research games designed to be played in reality. I’ve worked in Alternate Reality Games (ARGs), LARPs, experience fiction, interactive theater, and “serious games”. Stories and games that can start on a computer, and finish in the real world. Fictions designed to feel as real as possible. Games that teach you. Puzzles that come to life all around the players. Games where the deeper you dig, the more you find. Games with rabbit holes that invite you into wonderland and entice you through the looking glass.

When I saw QAnon, I knew exactly what it was and what it was doing. I had seen it before. I had almost built it before. It was gaming’s evil twin. A game that plays people. (cue ominous music)

QAnon has often been compared to ARGs and LARPs and rightly so. It uses many of the same gaming mechanisms and rewards. It has a game-like feel to it that is evident to anyone who has ever played an ARG, online role-play (RP) or LARP before. The similarities are so striking that it has often been referred to as a LARP or ARG. However this beast is very very different from a game.

It is the differences that shed the light on how QAnon works and many of them are hard to see if you’re not involved in game development. QAnon is like the reflection of a game in a mirror, it looks just like one, but it is inverted.
*Googles "ARG"*
I thought 'ARG' stood for 'Augmented Reality Game'.

Like PokemonGo
...don't do it
I thought it was the sound a gamer made when he sat on his balls.
or Alternate Reality Game.

I first heard the term in relation to the amazing marketing WB did for The Dark Knight.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(01-22-2021, 03:56 PM)RCA Wrote: Not sure if this has been posted before (it's from September), but it is a pretty fascinating read about how people get sucked into conspiracy theories like QAnon.

A Game Designer’s Analysis Of QAnon
https://medium.com/curiouserinstitute/a-...0972548be5

Interesting read.  I found this quote particularly relevant:

Quote:The collection of ordinary tools they found conveniently laying around seemed to enforce their conclusion that this was the correct direction.
I prefer my Mike Lindell news to be tabloid stuff instead of hastily-put-together, military coup "pillow" talk:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mypillow-c...y?ref=home

Quote:MyPillow CEO and staunch Trump ally Mike Lindell has retained celebrity attorney Charles Harder to go after the Daily Mail over a story claiming he had a secret affair with 30 Rock and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt star actress Jane Krakowski, The Daily Beast has learned.

“Charles Harder is the attorney,” Lindell confirmed in a brief interview on Friday evening. “I never met this lady in my life and have never been to West Village and the Hamptons, where they said I was in the hit piece.”

Lindell added: “They’ve done so much damage to my reputation… I’m not just going for a demand letter or a retraction, I want to go after them with a lawsuit because they have damaged my integrity as a Christian and my network to help addicts everywhere.” He said that he has already discussed this with Harder, who he’s just retained, and said that the lawyer was working on the legal paperwork.

“Mike Lindell has never met Jane Krakowski. The Daily Mail asked him to comment on a possible story that the two had secretly dated. He immediately told them he had never heard of her, and it was a ‘fake news story.’ The Daily Mail then recklessly published its false story, and defamed him in the process—falsely saying he gave her champagne and liquor. He is a recovering addict, and runs Lindell Recovery Network. Mr. Lindell plans to sue the Daily Mail,” Harder told The Daily Beast.
Jane says she’s done with Mike Lindell. Treats her like a pillow.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
this is one way to stop the grifters

Texas Supreme Court Silently Denies Alex Jones All Forms of Relief: Sandy Hook Families and Others Can Now Sue Conspiracy Theorist and InfoWars into the Ground
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
(01-23-2021, 12:05 PM)turingmachine75 Wrote: Jane says she’s done with Mike Lindell. Treats her like a pillow.

[Image: 0DzhW.gif?noredirect]
(01-23-2021, 12:21 PM)vtran Wrote: this is one way to stop the grifters

Texas Supreme Court Silently Denies Alex Jones All Forms of Relief: Sandy Hook Families and Others Can Now Sue Conspiracy Theorist and InfoWars into the Ground
May he get hogpiled into bankruptcy.
MyPillow Guy looks like Wario in Mario's clothing.

And yes, please bankrupt Alex Jones. I hope he can get charged over the insurrection, too.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Cliven Bundy testing the Biden administration at some point wouldn't surprise anybody:

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article...iven-bundy

Quote:Bundy has promised the Biden administration a reprise of the 2014 standoff if they try to take his trespassing cows again — or enforce the penalties that the courts have ordered him to pay. So what should the Biden administration do about this? Bundy’s anti-government views, after all, are not illegal. His thinly veiled celebration of the Capitol mob certainly raises questions about the line between free speech and inciting violence, but it is hardly a promising avenue for the Department of Justice. And trying once again to round up Bundy’s cattle, which continue to trespass on public lands, will almost certainly lead to another armed confrontation. Another round up would take days or weeks, giving the Bundy's more than enough time to muster another private army and to secure national support from Trumpian conservatives.

The Biden administration should address Bundy’s continued grazing trespass, because it is such a clear and willful violation of federal law. There is no ambiguity here. Federal district courts have ruled repeatedly that Bundy is in violation of federal law, and Bundy’s counter suits against the federal government have all failed utterly. But the administration needs to take a different approach. Until now, the feds have addressed the trespass issue as a civil matter, pursuing injunctions and financial penalties. Bundy has ignored both. Now, with full authority under federal law, the administration needs to ask a federal judge to find Bundy in criminal contempt for his willful disregard of court orders. Federal law enforcement should arrest Cliven Bundy quickly, before he can summon another ragtag militia. And Bundy should remain in prison until he decides to remove his cattle voluntarily. 
Turn the federal land into a radioactive waste dump and see if he still lets his moo cows graze there.
Can't they just, you know, seize all his liquid assets or some shit? He doesn't keep every dollar under his mattress, surely.
A QAnon mayor has taken over a small town, encouraging everyone to check out his favorite QAnon videos and wearing his Punisher pin to city council meetings:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mayor-aims...ref=author

Quote:Sequim residents have also accused Armacost of failing to take the pandemic seriously because of his QAnon beliefs. In August, Armacost went to the annual motorcycle rally in Sturgis, South Dakota—a festival that was held with few coronavirus restrictions and eventually became a superspreader event with nationwide implications. After returning to Sequim, Armacost brushed off citizens’ complaints and refused to quarantine, comparing people asking him to quarantine to drug addicts hooked on promoting fears about the virus.

Armacost went further in late August, using a city radio interview called “Coffee with the Mayor” to proselytize the conspiracy theory. Asked about QAnon during the radio show, Armacost urged listeners to check out “Joe M,” a leading QAnon promoter whose videos have also been embraced by retired Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling.

“QAnon is a truth movement that encourages you to think for yourself,” Armacost said. “If you remove Q from that equation, it’s patriots from all over the world fighting for humanity, truth, freedom, and saving children and others from human trafficking.”
Not sure I can sit down and watch this whole special:

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1...8990688259

Quote:Former QAnon believer to @andersoncooper: "I apologize for thinking that you ate babies"

Video at the link.
Jones got a Publix heiress to give $300,000 to the Stop the Steal event:

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/stat...8061390848

Lock 'em up.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
“At some point I realized, ‘Oh, there’s a reason this doesn’t fit,’” she said. “We are being manipulated. Someone is having fun at our expense.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/29/us/le...iracy.html

Quote:In the summer of 2017, Lenka Perron was spending hours every day after work online, poring over fevered theories about shadowy people in power. She had mostly stopped cooking, and no longer took her daily walk. She was less attentive to her children, 11, 15 and 19, who were seeing a lot of the side of her face, staring down into her phone. It would all be worth it, she told herself. She was saving the country and they would benefit.

But one day while she was scrolling, something caught her eye. People claiming to be sources inside the government had posted on Facebook that John Podesta, a former White House chief of staff, was about to be indicted. And yet on her phone she was watching a video that showed him chatting casually in front of an audience. Around the same time she saw Hillary Clinton, another supposed target for an indictment, walking in Hawaii, looking relaxed and holding a coffee cup.

“She just wasn’t behaving like someone who was about to get arrested,” she said.

It was the first nagging feeling that something did not add up. Five months and many more inconsistencies later, Ms. Perron, a consultant in the insurance industry in suburban Detroit, finally called it quits.

“At some point I realized, ‘Oh, there’s a reason this doesn’t fit,’” she said. “We are being manipulated. Someone is having fun at our expense.”
Funny how everybody is suddenly having their satori moments on this now that there's no longer people in power who'll happily turn a blind eye to any crimes perpetrated in the name of this insanity.
Yeah, but in the end, it’s just another reason why we needed Biden to win this one. Banish this shit back to the shadows, and teach them to be ashamed of their evil shit again.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(01-31-2021, 12:11 AM)arjen rudd Wrote: Yeah, but in the end, it’s just another reason why we needed Biden to win this one. Banish this shit back to the shadows, and teach them to be ashamed of their evil shit again.

I certainly hope that's the direction we're headed. 

'We traffic in lies': A House Republican launches campaign to 'take back our party' (msn.com)
Remember that Wisconsin pharmacist who sabotaged hundreds of doses of the Moderna coronavirus vaccine because he thought COVID-19 was a hoax?

Well, you probably won't need to sit down for this, but he also believes the Earth is flat and the sky is a “shield put up by the Government to prevent individuals from seeing God.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/wisconsin-...nt-reveals
Someone bothered to add in footage of a Whac-A-Mole game, which is my favorite part of this clip:

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/statu...7467950083

Quote:Allow us to save you the trouble of watching Mike Lindell's voter fraud "documentary," as it can all basically be summed up in this one clip.
Imagine sitting through three hours of him stammering through this vague, accusatory bullshit that even he sounds a little unsure about.
(02-05-2021, 12:50 PM)bradito Wrote: Imagine sitting through three hours of him stammering through this vague, accusatory bullshit that even he sounds a little unsure about.

Oh he's clearly bullshitting the entire thing.  He's trying to do the Trump talk, but he has just enough shame that even knows that it all sounds ludicrous.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
On the plus side James Adomian doesn't have to move his Jesse Ventura impression much to do this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y9vj1OqiTU
A fugitive QAnon promoter who went by the alias Agent Margaritaville has been arrested in Canada:

https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/a...uinte-west
"Some people claim that there's Dominion to blame, but I know/
It's my own damn fault."
The Pizzagate gunman who terrorized a D.C. pizzeria is out of prison:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/...rc404=true
Well, I'm sure that he's sorry.
Four generations of Bozos told in three minutes by Chris Hayes:

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/how-o...d_ms_tw_ma

Video at the link.

Finding out that Bozel II left the U.S. for a bit to live under Franco's rule in Spain was an eye-opener.