Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolls and Shills 2018 Edition
ADW Griffith is BKB is CTM

... in Chief Zabu!

AThese last few days of peace and quiet were great while they lasted. Sigh
Wow, that didn't take long.  1st shill of the new site: starting nonsense threads to post movie download links.

http://citizens.trouble.city/member.php?...uid=187790
http://citizens.trouble.city/member.php?action=profile&uid=187824

ldh98797 is some kind of pirate video shill.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
I went on to its profile and reported it.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
(03-06-2018, 03:50 AM)codename Wrote: I went on to its profile and reported it.

Ah!  I hadn’t realized that was an option on the new board.  Thanks for pointing that out.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
Is it possible to set a post total that new members have to meet before they can create a new thread?

Just wondering, because that seems like it would be the easiest way to stop the majority of the spam posts.
When life gives you lemons, lemonade is little consolation. 
There is the ability for first posts to go to the moderation queue by default I think. I assume the biggest issue is that there is no CAPTCHA or anything that I can see on the new user registration form though so we're a goldmine to bot networks at the moment.

We could stop new threads maybe, but I suspect the bots would just start posting normal posts in popular threads with their spam instead.
You don't know how hard it is for me not to click on the European Mystery Scent thread.
"I'll live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Running Man.

PSN and Steam gamer tag: rockbollocks

Blizzard ID: Rockbollocks#11635
I clicked on it and then clicked on the Report button. Not sure who's moderating at the moment, but it seems someone is - which is better than we had a week ago.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
The first troll of the new boards! What a special day! I want to bronze their baby shoes or something.
Originally posted by Schwartz on Cool as Ice ("When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it. Just add Ice."):
"It's not just a mixed metaphor, or that the stone is one that is melting...but the ice is actually making it melt. (kisses fingers) Magnifique."
ldh98797
CTM sighting in the Deadpool 2 thread.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(04-19-2018, 05:33 PM)headless fett Wrote: CTM sighting in the Deadpool 2 thread.

Yeah, I saw that too!!!FACT!!!

I guess the negative rating system works.
Gee, if only there were some way to empower a few Citizens to deal with trolls like this.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Fett complaining about a troll is the definition of irony.
Almost as ironic as still crying about a blocked user? Give it a rest Brdito. It's beyond sad now.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Fett telling someone that what they're doing is beyond sad is the definition of irony.
Bradito's brilliant use of the word irony should be landing him a WB directing gig any day now.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
You two should just make out already.
Reasor telling two posters to make out already is the definition...
the definition...

...of EROTICA!
It's really all about the voluptuous amounts of plot.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
But who's the protagonist?
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Whatever jokergreen0220's deal is, it doesn't belong in the Humor forum.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
Can we please do something about this?

Attached Files Image(s)

"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt