Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Second Draft

Being unfulfilled in my "creative" job, and having a cousin with a similar disposition and sense of humor, we decided to join forces and create something fun online. We're in the early stages of creating a blog/YouTube channel combo. There'll be emphasis on football, movies and beer, with the occasional random stuff thrown in for good measure. Basically, we want to work on something that includes the things we're passionate about, and start a conversation about them online with anyone else who might be interested. We're not aiming at commercial success -- just want a place to pour all this pent up creative energy, and hopefully engage in some fun back and forth.

It's just now coming together, but there's a twitter online (twitter.com/the2nddraft) and you can harass us via email at contact@the2nddraft.com. We've loaded ourselves up with some nice recording equipment, and we've got a good game plan. Nothing is coming together quite like we planned, but it's still exciting. I'm excited about a project for the first time in a long time.

The website has a dedicated server, and the layout is coming together quickly. There will be a forum! So, do me a favor and add us on Twitter, or send me an email at dtcarel@gmail.com or contact@the2nddraft.com and I'll share updates in the brief span between right this second, and the second the site goes live.

Love you all.

Everything is up and running!

Website.

Reddit.

Everything's still a bit of a work in progress, with minor tweaks and changes happening all the time. And the site layout is a bit bare, as we're busy writing and filling it out with content. But we're ready to roll out with the framework in place.

The forum is coming soon, after some server updates. In the meantime, Reddit will work as a placeholder, and will hopefully continue to be a significant part of the site, as well.

I'd really love for you all to come check it out and join me in seeing where this little project goes. I can't wait until we fire up the YouTube channel, and this thing is running on all cylinders.

ALooks cool. Reminds me of something like theringer.com

More updates! The site's forums are now live, and I'd be thrilled if anyone wanted to double-dip between Trouble City and this new forum.

Prepare your eyes, though. If there's an exact opposite color scheme to this forum, it's what we have over there. I'm a fan of dark text on light backgrounds.

Sweet fuck, we finally have a Youtube channel.

ADo you have Sweetwater beers out there? If so their current seasonal, Tripletail IPA, is a monster.

New video. I already feel more confident and I had more fun with this than I did the NES unboxing video. I figure out how to get a higher output from my webcam, and I had a much better time recording and editing.

New Podcast style video!

We talk about Le'Veon Bell, beer cicerones, The Defenders and more! Hit the comments -- we need some feedback for a future segment.

So, one of the main things I wanted to do with this whole thing is up my game as far as football stuff and weekly picks. We're on to week two, and I'm having a blast. Two weeks in a row I've laughed to the point of tears while editing, so at the very least, I'm enjoying this stuff.

Graphics look nice, and the quality of the videos will only get better as I get faster and put more time into polishing. I think a proper lighting set up will be bumped to the top of the agenda.

A[quote name="D.T." url="/community/t/159416/the-second-draft#post_4362588"]Two weeks in a row I've laughed to the point of tears while editing ...[/quote]

Last week's had to be that cut on "We don't edit here at the Second Draft, everything is live in the mo[CUT]" bit. Laughed my ass off at that one.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho View Post

Last week's had to be that cut on "We don't edit here at the Second Draft, everything is live in the mo[CUT]" bit. Laughed my ass off at that one.

This week, I nearly killed myself with the "game of the week".

AEdit: spoke too soon. Video needs a fix and will go back up in the morning.

Or first thing this afternoon.

Youtube, come on. Two hours to upload and process?

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.T. View Post

Or first thing this afternoon.

Youtube, come on. Two hours to upload and process?

Any image of a dumpster fire used in a comedic context is immediately hysterical to me.

I am a simple man in many respects.

Still going strong, despite a two-week absence after I went to New Orleans for a week, then had the flu for a week right after. We're thinking of changing the format considerably. Going with a brisk 30-40 minute video and dropping the beer stuff to start a (previously planned but put on hold due to scheduling conflicts) separate video series on brewing and tasting. Enjoy!

Videos are getting shorter, and we're feeling good about it. More variety and more frequency are coming, when schedules allow.

Still cruising along!

This week, we did a response to the announcement that they're doing a Mighty Ducks TV series.