Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E3 2017: Pre-Order Now for Funny Meme Subtitle
AI got a bad feeling the new Spider-Man is going to suck.

It certainly looked pretty shitty.

AInsomniac gives me hope. I liked a lot of what I saw, but they need to balance those QTEs with plenty of open world control of Spider-Man and NYC. I keep waiting for that spiritual successor to 2004's Spider-Man 2 game. I'm hopeful.

I liked what I saw of God of War, one of my favorite franchises. They finally showed some combat, and it made me hopeful.
ADoes anyone else think Days Gone just looks bad? I mean, it had no release date for a second straight year, so I doubt it is very close. Still, it just looks sort of...dull.

The only game that really intrigues me is Detroit: Becoming Human. Androids rebelling against their human masters? Yes please!

Really? Cutscenes the video game?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

Really? Cutscenes the video game?

Don't worry about it Freeman. It's not a game for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post

Don't worry about it Freeman. It's not a game

Fixed.

Seriously, it's a David Cage joint. Hasn't anybody learned by now? Guy is clearly a failed filmmaker who decided to take all his ideas that were too brilliant and original for Hollywood to videogames instead.

The kind of games David Cage make are fine; he just isn't a very good writer. You can't make games like he does without strong writing, and I don't think he has every really managed to elevate his writing to the level necessary to make his games work.

AYeah, Sony's presentation was so-so.
Kind of a lackluster E3 so far.

I think it is entirely possible that almost all of the first party games Sony showed off tonight (most of which were showed off last year) could be on the stage again next year. God of War seems like the only game likely to ship before mid next year.

AInteresting that the reddit rumor that there won't be any new announcements made by From Software this E3 seem to be true, because if they were to announce something it would have been in Sony's conference. I wonder if reddit will also be correct on From's next game, rumor is that it will be a martial arts brawler in the Souls style with almost no weapons and an emphasis on bare handed fighting styles.
AI think that in terms of content/releases, Bethesda and Ubisoft dominated this E3, simply because most of the stuff they showed will see release this year.
Sony and Microsoft pretty much hyped things that will probably be also part of their showcases next year.
Unless Nintendo drops a bombshell tomorrow, this will end being a very lackluster E3.
AReal talk: E3 doesnt matter anymore.

The only good thing about David Cage is the absurd impersonation of him that Jim Sterling sometimes does.

On other news, Bandai Namco announced a remaster of .Hack//GU.

Game was Anime as hell, but I loved it back in the day, so I'll probably get this once its out.*

*Same sentiments towards their new DBZ game, but come on, its by Arc System Works, who are the absolute masters of 2D fighting games as far as I'm concerned

God of War 4 looked amazing. I'll definitely be getting some kind of PS4 by the time that launches.

Spider-Man...well, it looked slick and colorful. Uncharted QTE Spidey gets to have a lot more fun than Direct Input Spidey, though. The parts you actually play look like they would aggravate me, since I dislike the Arkham series. Perching, takedowns, bad guys standing in a circle waiting for you to remember the combo inputs. Very Arkham. That kind of gameplay sells, so I guess I can't blame them.

I gotta be the only person alive who really enjoyed the numetal Prince of Persia 2. Man I hadn't even thought of it in so long.

Best thing out of the Sony conference was frikkin SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS. The PS3 remaster was muddy and still choppy as hell; giving us a full-on remake is glorious. (although I'm willing to bet its still choppy as hell unless you play it on a PS4 Pro. Fine, sold.)

Especially if the word is accurate, that they're going to implement the cut colossi this time around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ska Oreo View Post

Real talk: E3 doesnt matter anymore.

Truth. Back in those halcyon pre-internet days it definitely had a much more impressive aura of mystique about it. Where you'd only get a few screenshots and a blurb in a magazine to wet your appetite about a specific game. But these days, with livestreams, Youtube, leaks weeks beforehand and not to mention all the OTHER conferences like Gamescom, PAX East, Tokyo Gaming Show, Blizzcon and others it's just not that impressive. I'm definitely looking forward to a bunch of games as I've already mentioned but I'd look forward to them just as much if they just dropped a trailer on Youtube.

I never got to play Shadow of the Colossus so I'll definitely like to try that when I get a PS4 sometime in this year.

Shadow is a relatively pure gaming experience.  It eschews the bells and whistles of "fantasy" games (though it still has the content) and really focuses on the experience of traveling this world and seeing the Colossi.  It is straightforward and polished and often quite beautiful.  If you've never played it, I would highly recommend it.

AYeah. I never got into Ico, but Shadow of the collosus is amazing.

Also: its really only a matter of time before E3 is done with, it becomes a Con. So m

Thing I'm most excited about? Fuck it, it's Sea of Thieves.

Also, damn. I'm tired of waiting forever for news and game play for these games that were announced what feels like a year or more ago, finally getting it, then a slap in the face in the form of a 2018 release date.

ASea of Thieves looked a lot better than I expecfed. That and Mario/Rabbids X-com arw probably the two biggest surprises this year for me.

Metroid lives!

That's all that really matters.

AYeah, this e3 was pretty terrible, but Nintendo was pretty strong. They actually have several games for this year, and announcing Metroid Prime 4 buys them a lot of good will from me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by COULD432 View Post

Yeah, this e3 was pretty terrible, but Nintendo was pretty strong. They actually have several games for this year, and announcing Metroid Prime 4 buys them a lot of good will from me.

Also, core Pokémon rpg for the Switch on 2018?

That will sell a lot more consoles.

APokemon is cool, but that getting a Switch version was a foregone conclusion, unless Nintendo really was going to make another dedicated Handheld.

Metroid Prime 4 was a much, much larger surprise.

Metroid Prime 4?  What in the what now?

I may have to get a Switch at some point.

Mario is a fucking legend.

AI wouldn't hold my breath for Metroid Prime 4 appearing anytime soon. What they showed quite literally was a 40 second teaser of the number 4 floating in space and then the name Metroid Prime appearing next to it at the very end, no actual footage of the game or even a proper pre rendered video of Samus. Still, considering how much a departure The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was from the classic Zelda formula, I'm intrigued to see exactly how they plan to shake up the Metroid formula.

METROID PRIME 4

Holyshit. God is real. Life has meaning again. This is the news I've been waiting the past 5 E3's for.

Nintendo only has 4 IP's (5 if you count Splatoon) so they had to wheel that one around again eventually.

They also just announced a sidescrolling Metroid for the 3ds. Why can't I play a pretty version of this on the Switch?

MOTHERFUCK YES. YES. THATS WHAT I WANT. GIVE ME THE 2D METROID. FUCK YES.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codename View Post

Nintendo only has 4 IP's (5 if you count Splatoon) so they had to wheel that one around again eventually.

Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Kirby ...

F-Zero, Pilotwings, Wave Race.

F-Zero, Pilotwings, Wave Race.