Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mission Impossible 6 pre-release
AI'm loving this love for the M:I series and the hate towards 2....and y'all's rankings are on point.

*sits back contentedly*
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post

Isn't Henry Cavill in this?

And rocking a truly impressive moustache at that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codename View Post

And rocking a truly impressive moustache at that!

None of you are fans of the DOUGRAY are you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix View Post

He's cool.  I've seen him in other things and he's fine.  He was particularly good in EVER AFTER, that Cinderella film with Drew Barrymore.  There was some Enigma movie that he did that was decent as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix View Post

I loved him as almost-Wolverine!

DOUGRAY had a great part in Strike Back. One of the better villains in that show, and all their villains were INCREDIBLY strong.

ATrue, he was a fine gay villian in STRIKE BACK. That wasn't his character's name - although it could have been - he was actually gay.
Quote:

Originally Posted by neil spurn View Post

except for the atrocious 2

Booo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

OK...if we're playing the ranking game again...

1. MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - GHOST PROTOCOL

2. MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - ROGUE NATION

3. MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE

4. MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE III

5. MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE II

To be clear, I'd give the top three films a solid 'A', so they're all kinda in the same league.  III I'd give a solid 'B' to.

This is accurate.  I really liked Mission Impossible III when I first saw it, mostly because it was a decent jump back up from II, but it doesn't hold up on re watches minus some sequences (I still think the bridge attack sequence is Abrams' best stab at a set piece)

Asoon, MI2 will top all the lists

I play the long game...

for the record, I don't hate M:I 2.  It's fun for what it is and has panache to it.  My main issue is with Thandie Newton who, up until her stellar work on WESTWORLD, has been a walking absence of talent.  She throws a complete wet blanket over the entire film for me.  Add in some over-done action sequences and the fact that the plot is essentially GOLDENEYE with zero additional effort put into it and it kinda sinks under its own weight.

the plot is NOTORIOUS with zero additional effort put into it, dammit!

it's... CLASSY CINEMA

I continue to wait...

not too long now...

Nooj, i have your sword!

Don't give it back, felix.

it's ok

I have my... exploding sunglasses!

I think he's going back for another take at the end...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/08...mpossible/

We have a title now

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news...d-fallout/

Mission Impossible...

Mission Impossible never changes.

Ghost Protocol?

Still the best MI movie.

AGhost Protocol has the best sequence of any of them (the Burj Khalifa), but Rogue Nation is the best overall fil. (In my opinion, anyways).

Judas gets it.

I'm still going to go with the first one as my favourite, but Rogue Nation is second.

I'd say the first movie has the best cinematography (dat De Palma) and best set piece

but Ghost Protocol is the best movie overall, and the one where the team dynamic finally starts to click.

Rogue Nation is fine.

It shows how ultimately forgettable these films are that I like the series in general but I completely forgot until I saw this thread pop up today that I don't think I ever actually got around to watching Rogue Nation.

The first used to be my favorite but it's slipped a rung or two down my ladder. Still a great movie, though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by superlaser View Post

It shows how ultimately forgettable these films are that I like the series in general but I completely forgot until I saw this thread pop up today that I don't think I ever actually got around to watching Rogue Nation.

RN is really, really good.  The set pieces are excellent, the 'new characters' are all compelling and well acted, and the overall plot and through-line through the plot is well played.  The quality of RN is why I'm excited for Chris McQuarrie to return for FALLOUT...he 'gets' it.

Fraid, this comes out on our birthday! How did I not realize this before??? What a beautiful gift for me and Fraid.

AThe motorbike chase in RN is amazing. As is the Opera scene.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

Fraid, this comes out on our birthday! How did I not realize this before??? What a beautiful gift for me and Fraid.

Our? Seperated at birth?

I thought so at first but, as he's younger than me, it must be pure coincidence.

AMy wife and I were just asking each other yesterday what’s the last MI movie we saw...and neither of us could remember. RN or GP? We couldn’t tell the difference!

What’s the one that starts with the plane? If that’s GP then I guess we are all caught up? Is there another?

Anyways, first is still my favorite but the Rome sequence in MI3 is awesome.

You're all caught up, Adamclane99! (Although Rogue Nation - the latest - is the one with the plane.)

AWoohoo!

These movies are like Fast and Furious to me. Fun but forgettable. Actually no, they are better because they don’t have the mediocre suck of Vin Diezzzel and Michelle Rodriguezzz.

Opera scene?

Quantum of Solace wore it better.