Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GLOW - on Netflix starring Allison Brie
Same here, but Gilpin was definitely deserving. I thought Maron might get best Supporting Actor consideration.
(07-12-2018, 12:07 PM)Mangy Wrote: Same here, but Gilpin was definitely deserving. I thought Maron might get best Supporting Actor consideration.

I mean, it's the role he was born to play.  But damn if he doesn't knock it out of the park, regardless.
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
I did like that episode that focused on how Tamme's son reacted to her being The Welfare Queen on GLOW. I would like to see the other women all the show to get some more character based moments like that in season 3. For instance, there has to be more to Melanie. If that means the show gets a couple of more episodes, then so be it.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
This morning, showrunner Carly Mensch said that the show hasn't been renewed for season 3 yet. Lame!

I could certainly see the third season being the last, but at least give the characters a quality send-off.
Renewal annoucements on Netflix are notoriously slow sometimes. It's a high quality show that is well regarded, lots of people seemed to enjoy Season 2. I'd be surprised if they didn't go for Season 3. It's no Stranger Things, House of Cards or Orange is the New Black with regards to popularity, but it can't be expensive to produce. I think we'll get an annoucement in August.
It was renewed.
11 days to spare, but my predictive powers are still gold! Smile
Zoya lives!... or I guess Sonya or whomever Ruth comes up with. Awesome.
I thought it was still going to be Zoya. The station owns the characters for TV broadcast purposes, so they couldn't sell the show to another station and keep their established characters. For a non-televised stage show they can continue to use their characters. Otherwise they would've just sold to another broadcaster and come up with new characters.
(08-20-2018, 08:35 PM)Fafhrd Wrote: I thought it was still going to be Zoya. The station owns the characters for TV broadcast purposes, so they couldn't sell the show to another station and keep their established characters. For a non-televised stage show they can continue to use their characters. Otherwise they would've just sold to another broadcaster and come up with new characters.

This is correct. We rewatched the season this weekend - that fight in the hospital is still so, so, so good - and that's how it goes down. They feel like they're fucked by the station owning their characters, and then Horatio Sanz comes in and explains how the stage show allows them to keep going.
home taping is killing music