Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - Pre Release Thread

Do we really not have one for this film yet?

Anyways, some bad news: Apparently Jeremy Renner broke both of his arms and fractures his elbow in a stunt while filming TAG, another movie that is apparently filming at the same time.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jeremy...202489347/

OUCH

AI'll probably see this.
AWaiting for reviews.
AI wonder if it'll make money.
AI bet it cost an arm and a leg to make. Or two arms.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

I bet it cost an arm and a leg to make. Or two arms.

oh snap.

oh snap again.

Jeremy Renner is in Avengers?  Is he in the Howard the Duck costume?

AI fucking love Hawk guy. Unironically he's the best.
Awill there be reshoots?
AJeremy Renner will be recast with Matt Damon.

Hawkeye will suddenly have a new costume with a mask that covers his entire face.

AHe'll be the one guy Cap doesn't break out of prison.

Like what I'm hearing from Feige about Avengers 4 being the end of a 22-movie story arc. I won't stop watching Marvel after that or anything, but I can see it becoming less urgent.

I'm willing to accept it if the MCU starts being about the next generation, not just in characters but in audience.

Hawkeye gets hit by a space-bus courtesy of Thanos, Kate Bishop takes over as the new Hawkeye. And scene.

AI mean, aren't Dr. Strange, and Spider-Man, and Black Panther, and Captain Marvel basically going to be the new(er) Avengers after Evans and Downey and Hemsworth move on?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

I mean, aren't Dr. Strange, and Spider-Man, and Black Panther, and Captain Marvel basically going to be the new(er) Avengers after Evans and Downey and Hemsworth move on?

No YOUR the New Avenger!

ANo YORE the new Avenger.

Like I said, I won't be giving up on the MCU. Kudos to Marvel for creating a kind of rolling continuity, where even if there's no Cap, Thor, Iron Man or Hulk in Phase 4, Ant-Man and Wasp, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel have already been introduced (not to mention Guardians off doing their own thing). Throw in Vision and Scarlet Witch and that's a solid Avengers team right there.

But I'm hoping Avengers 4 is the Logan of the MCU for Steve, Thor, Tony and Bruce. Minus the F-bombs and headstabbings, of course. It would be nice for these characters to have an end, since that's something the comics can't really do. And once they're gone, kind of like when Mark Hamill leaves Star Wars, I just won't have as much of a fondness for the remaining characters.

And I kind of feel like Cap, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk will be around, but as new characters. And that's kind of cool, but they won't be "my" characters.

We'll see. Maybe Homecoming alone will fuel me up for another decade of these movies.

AI think it's a bit early to think Logan is any kind of end for Wolverine considering how quickly Fox announced FOAR MOAR MOOFIES!!!!!!

If you're talking about Laura that's all fine and good, but I'm not all that interested in her.

If you're talking about Logan himself, I'm pretty sure Hugh Jackman is gone for good. I have no interest in a recast or rebooted Logan.

I'm going to guess those seven movies Fox announced will be the kiddie Fantastic Four they're talking about, Deadpool 3, X-Force, a sequel to X-Men: Dark Phoenix, a sequel to New Mutants, that Channing Tatum Gambit that's been rumbling for years, and perhaps a Laura-centered Wolverine.

And every single one of those ideas can get to fuck.

AI'm just saying I can't fathom Fox not going back to that same Well-verine.

If Hugh Jackman were to come back (how? Logan's dead) I would pretty much feel betrayed by him. Plus he's getting old.

So either way, no more X-Men for me.

AAll of the New Mutants and Dark Phoenixs and Deadpools are set prior to Logan, so the option is still there.

Shhh catartik.

Just no.

AYou don't think Fox are listening....

.....do you?
AI haven't seen Spider-Man yet, but Marvel has been crushing it with Phase 3.

If Thor and Black Panther continue the streak, there is going to be a tremendous amount of hype for Infinity War.

Maybe insurmountable.
ATotally. And both of those movies look terrific. As if seeing Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, and Rocket together wasn't enough.
A[quote name="catartik" url="/community/t/159466/avengers-infinity-war-pre-release-thread#post_4319184"]I haven't seen Spider-Man yet, but Marvel has been crushing it with Phase 3.

If Thor and Black Panther continue the streak, there is going to be a tremendous amount of hype for Infinity War.

Maybe insurmountable.[/quote]
I'm still not sure Thor can live up to how good the teaser trailer is. The other 2 movies in the series are just so bad...
ASeeing a lot of set photos from fight scenes the past few days. It looks like Thanos' crew from the books will be around. I saw someone in a mocap suit that was supposed to be Ebony Maw fighting Dr. Strange.
A[quote name="Paul755" url="/community/t/159466/avengers-infinity-war-pre-release-thread#post_4319677"]
I'm still not sure Thor can live up to how good the teaser trailer is. The other 2 movies in the series are just so bad...[/quote]

I get were you are going with this, but the director onboard and the change in leadership in Marvel after phase 2 makes me think it's going to be great.
The Thor movies got the short end of the stick in the MCU*, but I think this one will make up for them.**

*I will defend everything Asgard related in Thor, though. It's essentially space fantasy Shakespeare, and Branagh nailed that part of the movie (Loki confronting Odin over his true nature is my favorite scene in the film. And everything regarding Loki and Frigga in Thor 2 is fantastic as well)

**I think the success of GOTG, the Disney acquisition and Feige replacing/getting rid of Perlmutter allowed Marvel to fully embrace the weirdness of the superhero genre and take more risks, both creatively and financially, so I think the future is pretty bright for Thor Ragnarok.
AI'm hoping it's good too, I hope they are all good. And the teaser certainly gives tons of hope. I just look at this one with a wary eye. Sort of like everything post-Suicide Squad with DC.

Will we see the return of Agent Phil Coulson?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Woodward View Post

No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Woodward View Post

Sooooooo.....the Infinity War footage they showed at D23 sounds pretty fucking epic.

Can't wait!