Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 9th Film by Quentin Tarantino
I'd like to see someone do a retrospective on all those Project Greenlight contestants, and where they're all at now. That show was an amazing concept executed about as horribly as possible.
(08-28-2018, 10:27 AM)boone daniels Wrote: At least Clu's son had more of a career than anyone else who won PROJECT GREENLIGHT.

It's funny during season 2 I think Sera Gamble is one of the finalists and she and her partner lost. Just a few years later she ended up writing on Supernatural and eventually being the showrunner for a number of years. She is now one of the creators of The Magicians which I recommend to every single person. So yeah great job Project Greenlight.

Did anyone ever see the Chris Gore rip off version The Chair? The was.....interesting.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Gamble also had some of the best episodes of Supernatural.

Fun fact: I directed the actor who plays Penny on Magicians in one of his first films (that played one festival, and that nobody will ever see). Even then, you could tell he had charisma for days.
home taping is killing music
I never directed anyone in anything but.....I have watched so many movies!
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Dewey Crowe is Manson:

https://www.thewrap.com/charles-manson-d...er-willis/
Whoa. That's incredible casting.
I guess Dickie Bennett was too on the nose?
(08-28-2018, 09:35 PM)bailey Wrote: I guess Dickie Bennett was too on the nose?

He also already played him.
But it's not a Manson movie.
home taping is killing music
(08-28-2018, 08:56 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Dewey Crowe is Manson:

Heh, the article's main graphic makes it look like he just walks around in a Charles Manson t-shirt. Edgy. Or maybe the movie's some kind of avant garde piece where all the actors will just wear shirt with photos of the character they're portraying.
There's no way this movie isn't over-stuffed, right?

I mean the cast list at this point is just flat absurd. Are some of these people playing roles that wouldn't even have names in other movies?

IS ALL OF HOLLYWOOD THIS MOVIE'S EXTRA?
the empire never ended
I don't remember seeing Dewey Crowe in anything, but they definitely cast someone who looks like Manson!
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
(08-28-2018, 09:54 PM)simbob Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 09:35 PM)bailey Wrote: I guess Dickie Bennett was too on the nose?

He also already played him.

Looking it up, you're right.  Maybe I kind of knew that somewhere in the back of my head?  I dunno.  But I wonder if that would have stopped  Mr. Pop Culture Remix if he'd really wanted him?

Anyway- Dewey Crowe will undoubtedly be great in the part.
(08-29-2018, 12:49 PM)bailey Wrote: Looking it up, you're right.  Maybe I kind of knew that somewhere in the back of my head?  I dunno.  But I wonder if that would have stopped  Mr. Pop Culture Remix if he'd really wanted him?
I could definitely see Tarantino inquiring about using CGI to re-create Steve Railsback circa 1976.
(08-29-2018, 08:46 AM)hypnotoad Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 08:56 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Dewey Crowe is Manson:

Heh, the article's main graphic makes it look like he just walks around in a Charles Manson t-shirt. Edgy. Or maybe the movie's some kind of avant garde piece where all the actors will just wear shirt with photos of the character they're portraying.

Maybe it's like the power rangers when they had that circle on their chest with a picture of their dinosaur zord. What im saying is that this movie could end with him climbing into a giant Charles Manson and fighting another giant killer.
He's playing Manson in season two of Mindhunter as well. Huh.

http://collider.com/mindhunter-charles-m...-herriman/
Tarantino/Fincher cinematic universe confirmed!
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4587565]
I think the only thing I really know that actor from is the House of Wax remake, where he was quite good. Once he has got Manson out of his system, he must lobby hard for the title role in the inevitable David Patrick Kelly biopic "Come Out to Play"
Good Christ - DPK would've killed as Manson.
The most important thing in life is broads. Broads!
(08-28-2018, 10:22 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Clu Gulager, nice to see he is still alive. Pretty sure his son's directing career isn't. Ohh those shirtless bath tub nights.

I... really liked Children of the Corn: Runaway.
Hollywood Reporter says that Burt Reynolds did not shoot his role (George Spahn) before his death today.
Warren Beatty come on in!

Sad to hear about Burt though. I hear Dog Years is a fitting goodbye, but I'd like to have seen him have a high profile gig like Tarantino once more.
That's really too bad. Not sure how big a part it would have been considering how massive the cast is but it would have been cool to see him again on the big screen.
I'd put good money on Bruce Dern taking over.
I'm gonna say Shatner.
It sucks that Reynolds won't be in this. I would have liked to see him in a quality movie one last time.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Yeah, it's a bummer.

My pick for a replacement would be Kietel. He's the right age and I'd love to see him get another good Tarantino role.
The poster formerly known as Inkblades.
Was out picking up food, looked at my phone to see if there was anything new happening with the movie and saw this double whammy of shitty news. Was really looking forward to seeing Reynolds in this.
(09-06-2018, 06:03 PM)atomtastic Wrote: I'd put good money on Bruce Dern taking over.

Cash your ticket:

https://deadline.com/2018/09/bruce-dern-...202471986/