Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomas Alfredson's THE SNOWMAN Discussion
(01-22-2019, 02:31 AM)Belloq87 Wrote: I just watched this. Oh, my...

The reactions were hyperbole, I said. It couldn't really be that bad, I said.

It's even worse. It feels like it was absolutely murdered in the editing room, and it's nothing less than a spectacular, disastrous mess. It’s really kind of unimaginably shoddy, and there’s simply no excuse for a major studio and talented filmmakers & cast to produce a release this poor. Character motivations are absolutely incomprehensible, and the plotting is often completely ridiculous and silly, though played with way too-straight a face. It does look appropriately chilly, and Marco Beltrami’s score is pretty good, but those are literally the only elements of any value here.

It's bafflingly incompetent.
It's a surreal landmark in badness, in part because of the talent involved. Embarrassing direction...by Tomas Alfredsson! Editing which makes zero sense...after it was saved by Thelma Schoonmaker! Val Kilmer unable to even speak! A screenplay credited to 3 people, 2 of whom were nominated for Oscars, who all agreed to stick with the name "Harry Hole."

This movie is a Gigli-level disaster.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
The Kilmer thing I gather was because of his recovery from cancer... but why not recast? They thought that badly (and I mean BADLY) dubbing him was the preferable option, and that's the really strange thing.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
(01-22-2019, 09:22 AM)atomtastic Wrote: The best part is when Fassbender is walking across a room and then it jump cuts to him on the other side of the room! What happened in between those cuts?

-He farted

-He found the killer but the movie wasn't done yet

-He walked through a space-time portal that allowed him to reach the other side of room instantly

-He kept muttering "What's my motivation? What's my motivation?"

-He injected a deadly alien spore into an unwitting human

-He signed a non-disparagement contract
the empire never ended
Horrible, horrible movie. Just reminds me of Michael Chiklis pointing out that any time you see a movie and it's remotely good, it is a miracle.