Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE MAN WHO KILLED HITLER AND THEN THE BIGFOOT Discussion

Filming starts today.

Synopsis:

Quote:

The story follows a legendary American war veteran named Calvin Barr (Sam Elliott) who, decades after serving in WWII and assassinating Adolf Hitler, must now hunt down the fabled Bigfoot. Living a peaceful life in New England, the former veteran is contacted by the FBI and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to lead the charge as the creature is carrying a deadly plague and is hidden deep inside the Canadian wilderness.
AI'll probably see this.

wait...what?

WHAT?

Yeah, I'll probably see this.

Sam Elliot?  OK, I'll see this.

This sounds like the most Sam Elliot role of all time. In a good way.

I really hope we get a legit Sam Elliott Vs. Bigfoot fight scene and it doesn't puss out and leave it to our imagination like Neeson fighting those wolves.

I would imagine it probably ends where Sam Elliot and Bigfoot put aside their differences and fight a bigger threat, like an evil oil company or whatever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moltisanti View Post

I really hope we get a legit Sam Elliott Vs. Bigfoot fight scene and it doesn't puss out and leave it to our imagination like Neeson fighting those wolves.

I want him to kick Bigfoot in the knee and growl 'boy, that looked like it hurt.'

AI assume this is the long-awaited sequel to Bigfoot vs. D.B. Cooper.

[Image: bigfoot-vs-db-cooper.jpg]
AIn these dark times, what this troubled nation needs is more Sam Elliott.
AThere was a second where I thought it was he that passed away the other day.

Is this played straight?

I hope we get to see Sam Elliott kill Hitler. The promise is right there in the title, and I expect them to deliver.

What if Sam Elliott teams up with Bigfoot to beat Hitler?

A[quote name="Cylon Baby" url="/community/t/159517/the-man-who-killed-hitler-and-then-the-bigfoot-discussion#post_4334067"]What if Sam Elliott teams up with Bigfoot to beat Hitler?
[/quote]
Well...if that's really what this is about then Infinity War better be packing some serious firepower to not look weak in it's shadow..
AWhat if it turns out after Sam killed Hitler one of those mad nazi scientists tried to bring him back to life and succeeded, except the procedure left Hitler unable to speak in anything but grunts and growls, 9 ft tall and covered in hair?
A[quote name="Bucho" url="/community/t/159517/the-man-who-killed-hitler-and-then-the-bigfoot-discussion#post_4334130"]What if it turns out after Sam killed Hitler one of those mad nazi scientists tried to bring him back to life and succeeded, except the procedure left Hitler unable to speak in anything but grunts and growls, 9 ft tall and covered in hair?[/quote]

Spoiler tag that shit son!
Poster:

http://collider.com/the-man-who-killed-h...ot-poster/

[Image: the-man-who-killed-hitler-and-then-the-b...07x600.jpg]
Finally, Larry Miller gets the respect he deserves as a "With" on a movie poster.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Will this be better or worse than Hobo with a Shotgun?
We talking shit about Hobo with a shotgun now?

Tread lightly.
 I think all Marvel films are okay. This is my design.

Except for Thor 2: the literal worst.
I don't have a problem with Hobo with a Shotgun.

That said, I want this to be better than Hobo with a Shotgun.
...okay then.

Carry on.
 I think all Marvel films are okay. This is my design.

Except for Thor 2: the literal worst.
From what I gather I don't think this is going the "Grindhouse, BABY!" route that HOBO went down. I'm betting this is more the thinking person's movie about a guy who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot.
Sam Elliot resides in my town of Eugene Oregon and I'm pretty pleased to see a schlocky genre film that focuses on two Pacific Northwest touchstones - Nazis and Bigfoot. We have a lot more of one than the other, I tell ya.