Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
JOKER starring Joaquin Phoenix (Todd Phillips, 2019)
Oh it's quite clear who has the problems in this thread.

As for this film and the DCEU films on the whole I want them to be good, solid films that respect the material. Have I been overzealous about it? Sure, but we tear apart and praise movies on these boards every day.

It's well within your right to block me and that's your choice and I can respect that.

Life goes on.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Like, four people aren't reading that, so who are you having this conversation with exactly? Nobody cares what you say but you continue to act as though they do.
In the interest of fairness, I'll just say this:

I don't think Fett is an inherently bad dude. Nor do I particulary care if our tastes differ on subjects. That's just normal.

But at this point, it's become a really unhealthy obsession with the guy. He brings up the DCEU in threads that have NOTHING to do with it. And just...why? The whole damn boards already know his feelings on the matter. Many people on here have repeatedly asked him over YEARS to ease off because it doesn't add anything to the conversations when he launches into the 15, 985 544th DCEU tirade and then he turns around and gets defensive and accuses others of trolling when they REALLY get sick of the same old shit day in, day out.

That's why I blocked him. Because such relentless negativity doesn't add anything of value for me.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
I blocked him because he's annoying.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
Hey can I say something? *dodges thrown vegetables*

I like Freeman and Fett. Can't we all just, learn to love to hate each other?

Why so Joaquin Phoenix?
Git' in under mah belly!
(Today, 06:57 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Hey can I say something? *dodges thrown vegetables*

Why so Joaquin Phoenix?

You're the guy who hangs out in Star Wars threads just to talk about how you buy copies of The Last Jedi so you can destroy them, right?

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."

I don't actively block anyone. If I start reading boring old shit talking my brain just moves right on by. It has to be at least inventive shit talking. And no, being condescending doesn't count as being anywhere near as inventive.

One note: maybe we should all get along for a while, because I get the feeling these boards are not going to be around long. We should support each other during the last breaths.

Or get over to Discord, and keep the good times rolling.
"I'll live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Running Man.

PSN and Steam gamer tag: rockbollocks

Blizzard ID: Rockbollocks#11635
Here here!
(Today, 08:48 AM)jonathan parker Wrote: One note: maybe we should all get along for a while, because I get the feeling these boards are not going to be around long. We should support each other during the last breaths.

Kinda my feelings right now as well.  If the boards are gonna go out, let's try and have our last conversations be positive.  Can you guys maybe all hit the RESET button with Fett and Freeman, wipe the slates clean, and see if we can all just be one big happy?
I can dig it.

LET US FUCK ONE LAST TIME

(Today, 08:10 AM)bartleby_scriven Wrote:
(Today, 06:57 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Hey can I say something? *dodges thrown vegetables*

Why so Joaquin Phoenix?

You're the guy who hangs out in Star Wars threads just to talk about how you buy copies of The Last Jedi so you can destroy them, right?

You know who I am Bart. Say my name.

But as to your question, yes, but my vitriol is only ever spewed at that movie, never at another user as far as I can recall.

*gives Bart brimming eyes of love and positivity*

I love you man. I love you Freeman. I love you Fett. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Git' in under mah belly!
All right, there's gonna be fuckin'.

(11 hours ago)bartleby_scriven Wrote: All right, there's gonna be fuckin'.

(11 hours ago)cd underbelly Wrote: Say my name.
Git' in under mah belly!
Heisenberg?

Who's that?
Git' in under mah belly!
Jeez, cd, even I got that joke!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Leaving CD with blue balls?

That's just harsh, man.
(10 hours ago)MichaelM Wrote: Jeez, cd, even I got that joke!

WHOOSH!

(10 hours ago)turingmachine75 Wrote: Leaving CD with blue balls?

That's just harsh, man.

Blue is my favorite color. I'm Blue Man Group, ahbahbah dee bahbooh dai.
Git' in under mah belly!
Blue is the Warmest Color.

Heisenberg is from the greatest show of all time, Breaking Bad.

"Say my name" is from Breaking Bad, in reference to Walt taking on the moniker of Heisenberg for his production and trafficking activities.

"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Eh, the real Heisenberg was cooler.
(Today, 09:17 AM)Judas Booth Wrote:
(Today, 08:48 AM)jonathan parker Wrote: One note: maybe we should all get along for a while, because I get the feeling these boards are not going to be around long. We should support each other during the last breaths.

Kinda my feelings right now as well.  If the boards are gonna go out, let's try and have our last conversations be positive.  Can you guys maybe all hit the RESET button with Fett and Freeman, wipe the slates clean, and see if we can all just be one big happy?

lol no
Ungh, whoosh guys. Of course I know what I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS is. I was playing with my new Bortfriend.
Git' in under mah belly!
It's from Breaking Bad.

T'was a good show.

I've always hated all of you.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

(9 hours ago)shaunh Wrote:

lol no

I've hit the reset button. There's been PM's, there's been buried hatchets several times now. The problem is like with Kylo Ren, some people just don't want to stop being an asshole no matter what happens. Some people have just got to go.
Fett sliding into Freeman's DM.

"Everybody swipes right on the Freeman."
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.