Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destiny 2
You poor, brave fool.

Report back to us if it's the promise land.
The "new Crucible maps" are a lie. After 12 rounds of Quickplay, I have seen no evidence to support their existence.

The campaign stuff is solid so far. After the iffy first mission, where this cartoonish Bugs Bunny-esque incarnation of Cayde took a half hour of cutscenes to finally fucking die, we go to the new patrol area on the Reef. It's like the Moon, Dreadnaught, and a Fallen village mashed together.

Now there is mildly pleasant busywork, and the increasing of numbers. It's nothing new, but they've tweaked juuuuuust enough to keep it going.
If I can make enough gold in BFA to afford Forsaken, I'll check it out. Otherwise... Broketober is JUST around the corner.
The changes sound intriguing...but no.

Red Dead Redemption 2 drops in two months. I still need to invest more time in Kingdom Come. Need to finish Bloodborne. Play more Witcher 3 again and finish Mankind Divided.

I'm good.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
They had MORE than enough chances.
Too many awesome games out (and coming out) to bother with more Destiny shit. Currently deep into Divinity OS2. Nabbed Dragon Quest XI. Got gifted Yakuza Kiwami 2. Fucking Spiderman is out tomorrow. Tomb Raider next week.
coulda been the willie nelson
coulda been the wine
(09-06-2018, 03:11 PM)mongycore Wrote: Fucking Spiderman

Is this one of those Adult games on Steam I keep hearing about?
(09-06-2018, 03:11 PM)mongycore Wrote:  Tomb Raider next week.

Damn, didn't realize it was that soon. Still need to finish the last one.

I just caved and preordered Spider-Man, and they gave me a free copy of Destiny 2 along with it. I tried the original around when it came out, and I basically remember Dinklage and some basic FPS stuff. Am I gonna have much use for this game?
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
If you enjoy the Borderlands FPS RPG formula, only a little bit more dry and with less personality, then you'll get a very fun two weeks out of it. Then, at the end, you'll hit a brick road where the game is finished and you'll be done with it forever. As a free experience, well worth the time investment I would say. Just don't expect a game that lasts. When it's done, it's DONE.
Yeah, it's awesome going through all the main environments for the first time in the D2 campaign.
Anyone still playing? It's weird that as much as I claim to not care about Destiny, everytime I get pulled back in I'm reminded of why I like this game in the first place: it really does have the best shooting mechanics of any modern-day FPS game, and it's just so satisfying wasting people. It's just that I've always wished that Bungie was able to find a way to match the fun gameplay with an equally compelling story.

If Destiny was a single-player game, it might have been a masterpiece.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

Hey folks - since D2 is currently free on Battle.net anyway, I went ahead and downloaded it to give it a whirl on PC. Quite nice. I have far to much progress and pretty much everybody I play with is still on PS4 - but I can see it being something I'll jump in and shoot a few aliens in the face with when I should probably be working Smile

Anyhoo - I'm guessing it isn't very active at this point (and honestly, that's fine) - but I did send a request for the clan on PC. Doesn't look like there are many folks playing right now - but at least it will give me access to Hawthorne's daily and weekly bounties. Cheers.
It leaves an incredibly bad taste in my mouth that the DLC's are now free, a month later.
(11-10-2018, 04:56 PM)freeman Wrote: It leaves an incredibly bad taste in my mouth that the DLC's are now free, a month later.

Yeah.  I wanted to play it on my ps4, so I bought both DLCs just so I can get forsaken.

And I think all we get is some cosmetic pack.  eeew.

But yeah, I think I finally found a rhythm for this game so it'd be cool if I can get some peeps to play with.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

So, the big news: Bungie and Activision part ways, with Bungie keeping Destiny.

Quote:Developer Bungie and publisher Activision are splitting up, an industry-shaking divorce that will see the shared world shooter series Destiny enter fully into Bungie’s control.

This development comes after years of tension between the two companies—tension that has existed since before the first Destiny even shipped. Bungie, the studio that created and has led development on the franchise, told employees during a team meeting this afternoon, framing it as fantastic news for a studio that has long grown sick of dealing with its publisher. Employees cheered and popped champagne, according to one person who was there.

“We have enjoyed a successful eight-year run and would like to thank Activision for their partnership on Destiny,” Bungie said in a blog post today. “Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce plans for Activision to transfer publishing rights for Destiny to Bungie. With our remarkable Destiny community, we are ready to publish on our own, while Activision will increase their focus on owned IP projects.”

Destiny, which first launched in September 2014, has had a long and rocky road through expansions, updates, and a sequel. The most recent major entry in the franchise, Destiny 2: Forsaken, was beloved by players but failed to meet Activision’s sales standards.

One of the most significant tensions between Bungie and Activision had long been the annualized schedule, which mandated the release of a new Destiny game or expansion every fall. Now, separated from Activision, Bungie will no longer be constrained to that schedule. “We’ll continue to deliver on the existing Destiny roadmap, and we’re looking forward to releasing more seasonal experiences in the coming months,” the company said, “as well as surprising our community with some exciting announcements about what lies beyond.”

For now, it appears to be business as usual for Destiny 2. Activision said on Twitter this afternoon that the game would remain on Blizzard’s Battle.net, and Bungie says the transition is “already underway in its early stages.”

Bungie also has a brand new game in development thanks to a $100 million investment from NetEase.

https://kotaku.com/bungie-splits-with-ac...1831651740
“That which doesn't kill you wasn't done right.”—Khaya Dlanga
Activision milked it until nobody gave a shit and the brand was worth as little as it's ever been, then cut them loose.

Good luck Bungie.
I blind bought this because it's a rainy Sunday and it was on clearance for $10 at Best Buy. I get home and pop it in my PS4, and it says it requires a 76 gigabyte update before I can play. 76 frickin GB??? I'll be lucky if I can play it by next Sunday. Better be worth the wait.
Um...is it too late to return that? The base game plus first two expansions are free now.

It's an online only game, so all the subsequent updates/worlds/weapons etc. are baked into the required update.
Well then. I feel extra ripped off now. Ah well, it's only ten bucks, I'll take it back tomorrow and raise a stink, see what happens. I'll definitely read the fine print on bargain bin games more closely in the future.
Wait Destiny 2 is free-to-play now? Maybe I'll try it. I only played the Beta.
Git' in under mah belly!
(01-19-2020, 04:49 PM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: Um...is it too late to return that? The base game plus first two expansions are free now.

It's an online only game, so all the subsequent updates/worlds/weapons etc. are baked into the required update.

Hey I checked out it and the basegame is indeed free, but the two expansions have price tags on them. You false advertized me!
Git' in under mah belly!
Destiny is amazing right now. Never been better.
First two expansions: Osiris and Warmind, free.

Third and fourth expansions, Forsaken and Shadowkeep, not free. You still get some of the changes to the base game that came with them, and can patrol the new planets, just not the story missions.
Oh, well, when I checked in the PSN Store, there were only two expansions listed, and they were on the same screen with Free Destiny, and they were the ones that cost money. Confusing.
Git' in under mah belly!