Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HBO: WESTWORLD SEASON 2

Eh.

Then why bother starting the thread?

Because I started one for Gotham and Supergirl, neither being shows that I watch. Because this a discussion MB about films and television. Because I can.

Or, you know, you could have left it for someone with some enthusiasm to start it.

But whatever.  I like the show and look forward to the coming seasons.

AYou whine entirely too much about stuff no one else cares about. It's always something.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

You whine entirely too much about stuff no one else cares about. It's always something.

You don't want to open this door.

AWhat's going to happen? Is the Beast going to come out and snatch me into a TV set? No? Okay, then. I guess I'll be fine.

Well that's certainly one way to start this thread...

I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
AAin't that the fucking truth.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

What's going to happen? Is the Beast going to come out and snatch me into a TV set? No? Okay, then. I guess I'll be fine.

Kelsey Grammer or Nicholas Hoult?

JKJ and I are having a private dialog to hash this out and clear the air.

AT ANY RATE, despite some of the weird choices in the first season, I'm looking forward to seeing where they go next, and hoping they open up Westworld to some of the other genres they've hinted at.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first season but I think that they've gotten the prequel setting the table shit out of the way and will start on something more interesting. Hopefully, the writing tightens up and they keep exploring the philosophy because I think there's some really interesting directions to go in.

Hoping for Medievalwolrd.

I really liked the first season and am looking forward to the second.  It could be because I'm an uncultured oaf but I'd like to think it's because I just went with the story, let it unfold, and didn't try parse ever frame of footage for hidden meaning.  If nothing else that SDCC trailer looked groovy.

AIf they wouldn't be so pretentious it would help this show a lot. It's so damn serious. Your in a pretend cowboy world, have some fun.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson View Post

If they wouldn't be so pretentious it would help this show a lot. It's so damn serious. Your in a pretend cowboy world, have some fun.

Precisely why Armistice was such a blast of awesomeness.  The rest of the show was this weird combination of completely ponderous thematics and utterly weightless action.  Hopefully the latter will not be an issue going forward, at least.

AArmstice seemed like she would be a cool character in the pilot when she starts blasting people to the tune of Paint it Black during the heist.

But this series robs almost every character of any consequence when you see them going through the same routines over and over again. It diminishes their actions. I understand that's the point of the park, that there is a continuous loop the hosts are on, but when you eventually see that same scene played out under the tune of what sounded to me like the player piano version of the Benny Hill theme it retroactively ruins the experience.

For myself at least.
Quote:

Originally Posted by catartik View Post

Armstice seemed like she would be a cool character in the pilot when she starts blasting people to the tune of Paint it Black during the heist.

But this series robs almost every character of any consequence when you see them going through the same routines over and over again. It diminishes their actions. I understand that's the point of the park, that there is a continuous loop the hosts are on, but when you eventually see that same scene played out under the tune of what sounded to me like the player piano version of the Benny Hill theme it retroactively ruins the experience.

For myself at least.

I can see that, up until the finale, when she is giggling her head off firing a machine gun, or biting off dude's fingers while naked and puckishly kissing the glass behind the terrorized technician and having a big, murderous ball.

I'm unreservedly excited about Season 2. I finished up a near-binge rewatch of Season 1 about a week ago, and as I posted in the S1 thread, many of the problems experienced during initial viewing went away. Dialogue remains a weak point of the series, and I do hope they don't double down on the fluid timeline approach. Even with those flaws, I'm up for the reach and ideas in play here.

The "world" part of the title just got a little bigger:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/westworld-s...urai-world

A[quote name="MichaelM" url="/community/t/159606/hbo-westworld-season-2#post_4365303"]The "world" part of the title just got a little bigger:

[/quote]

I think I need to see Batman World to really get me on board.

Kidding - Season 1 is on my to-watch list as soon as we finish Downton Abbey.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

The "world" part of the title just got a little bigger:

I was iffy on the first season, but Sanada's casting is encouraging. And unless I missed it in a different thread, that is the first time I've heard of or seen a trailer for season 2.

They're going to have to do alot to get me back onboard this disappointing show.

They just need to abandon the self-indulgent L O S T / The Leftovers-style "mystery" shenanigans, and the show will improve by leaps and bounds.

I'm excited about Ed Harris and Thandie Newton in season 2. Both were big highlights of season 1 for me.

Per Evan Rachel Wood, this is returning in Spring 2018.  No firm date set yet.

Confirmation on certain characters returning/not returning:

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/28/westworld-se...ium=social

So basically......everyone?

Glad to see Least Hemsworth make it.

Urgh. Lee the head writer is back. I couldn't stand that character last season.

I just wanna know if Michael Wincott is gonna be back.

"here's to the lady in the white shoes.'

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

Urgh. Lee the head writer is back. I couldn't stand that character last season.

So, they're going to keep doing the different timelines?

This show would be 100x better if it stopped trying to be Lost.

I love Lee! He's delightfully histrionic and dumb.

Yeah, looks like the past timeline will be about William's gaining control of Delos. Yawn. I hope they make it compelling but I honestly don't give a shit.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv...-theories/

Ugh just tell a good story assholes.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Maybe we won’t to able to guess all the twists by episode two this time!