Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HBO: WESTWORLD SEASON 2
The trailer gave us all the clues. Dolores has been a Bull this entire time. Calling it.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
(03-15-2018, 06:42 AM)Codename Wrote: The trailer gave us all the clues. Dolores has been a Bull this entire time. Calling it.

BTW, these bulls have the black endoskeleton design that the old hosts, like Dolores, have. May be because they didn't need to update the animal designs as much as the harder to accomplish human hosts that will probably be scrutinized more by the guests.
New trailer. Holy shit, this looks great....but beware, the trailer seems to give a lot away:

"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Trailer's dope.

I need to watch the first season.
home taping is killing music
Yes. Yes, you do.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

I suspect that a binge watch of S1 would work better than a once-per-week viewing in terms of getting swept away by the story. Also, watching them in quick succession might make the overall mystery work much better, as you won't have a week in between each episode to figure things out.
That's Rinko Kikuchi as the geisha in the trailer:

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/29/rinko-kikuch...witter.com
Can't wait to see Shogun World. If I were to travel to one of these Delos parks, I'd probably opt for that world over any other.
(03-29-2018, 12:19 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: I suspect that a binge watch of S1 would work better than a once-per-week viewing in terms of getting swept away by the story.  Also, watching them in quick succession might make the overall mystery work much better, as you won't have a week in between each episode to figure things out.

I do think it works better in sustained bursts rather than an ep at at time. Last week I watched the first season over four days and it cohered very well.

I'd still argue that one of the main "mysteries" was never meant to be one to the audience; part of the whole point of S1 is riding along with one character in particular and experiencing their present and past the way they do.

And this isn't LOST or X-FILES; Nolan and Joy aren't interested in "mystery boxes" for their own sake.

Nolan doesn't do "mystery boxes".

He does do "puzzle boxes" though. He does 'em up reeeeeal good.
Great trailer. Unfortunately it probably does that HBO trailer thing where they sneak in a few action shots from the last few episodes of the season, but they gotta sell the show I guess.

The piano songs always drive my brain crazy, hehe. A few minutes later it finally popped. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana.
I didn't see anything from S1 in that trailer.

I meant season 2.
Ah. Yeah, I agree that the trailer seems kinda spoilery with images.

"They wanted a place hidden from God. We had something else in mind entirely. I'm gonna burn this whole thing to the ground."

Never, ever bet against the menace of Ed Harris. Even if it's his Apollo 13 character.

God I cannot wait till April 22.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
The trailer also has a pair of cleverly hidden Easter eggs. Slashfilm caught it:

https://www.slashfilm.com/westworld-seas...akdown-v2/

Scroll to the fourth screencap, and read the text underneath.

(03-30-2018, 10:27 AM)MichaelM Wrote: The trailer also has a pair of cleverly hidden Easter eggs. Slashfilm caught it:

https://www.slashfilm.com/westworld-seas...akdown-v2/

Scroll to the fourth screencap, and read the text underneath.

Spoilery?  Or true novelty eggs/references?
The video itself isn't super spoilery as it's mostly repurposed shots from S1 and the latest trailer - MOSTLY.

But the link to the video also has a breakdown which could be considered spoilery (though it's all speculation).

Sounds like SHOGUN WORLD is going to factor pretty heavily into S2, with one episode of S2 being completely in Japanese.

http://www.slashfilm.com/westworld-shogu...ore-476992
Looks Good.

“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
By the video's own info, it's full of spoilers for S2. Proceed at your own risk.

There aren’t any spoilers; it’s a rick roll (not joking).
Really? HA!

A bunch of really smart people putting lots of resources into creating something that's kinda half-baked and lame.

Yep, that's Westworld alright.
I'm already annoyed with the show runners trying to engage with the online community so I'm going to just ignore that whole aspect going forward. The first episode was some of the best filmed drama I've ever seen, I enjoyed it so much, I'm pretty confident Season 2 will be good as well, so I'm going to peace out of the online shit and just enjoy the show.
Y'all are a bunch of fuddy duddies.

Yeah, I quite enjoyed that whole online escapade. It was just a bit of fun, no real need for cynicism. Also, the Djwaldi cover of Heart Shaped Box from the trailer has entered my playlist rotation. Very much hyped for Season two. The distance of the break has fibre it good.
(04-11-2018, 08:40 AM)flint Wrote: Very much hyped for Season two. The distance of the break has fibre it good.

...eh?
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
The length of the break has done it good. Damned autocorrect.

Basically I mean it's smoothed out the flaws in my memory, enhanced the good points from Season 1 and it's been long enough that I'm looking forward to the next season.
Hell of a review here: http://www.slashfilm.com/westworld-seaso...ore-477949

It's spoiler free but it hints at things that are pretty intriguing. Apparently, SHOGUN WORLD isn't the only new world that we're seeing.

But the review is very, very positive. It sounds like the season uses season 1 as a foundation and moves forward without re-inventing the rules which were established.
I wouldn't call that exactly spoiler-free. I stopped reading after the bit about Ford's fate.

ok, fairly spoiler free.
...that nitpick aside, my reaction to what I did read:

[Image: xctd.gif]

that was totally my reaction as well. I'm pumped as hell.
Alan Sepinwall's reaction is positive as well: https://uproxx.com/sepinwall/westworld-s...eview-hbo/

He had the same issues I had with the first (namely, it was 4-5 eps' worth of story stretched under a layer of annoying "puzzle box" nonsense), but it looks like this season will shed some of that, which I think is a good thing.