Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Star Wars IX: Untitled (2019)(J.J. Abrams) Pre-Release discussion brought to you by Overlord
ASTAR WARS

EPISODE IX

RETURN OF THE JEDI, VER. 2.0

General Leia has passed away peacefully in her sleep...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Analog Olmos View Post

By then they'll have digital necromancy down to a science and we can enjoy watching 30-something Ford, Fisher and Hamill in post-JEDI adventures forever.

you FILTH!

YOU'RE ONE OF THEMMMM!!!!

The working title for EPISODE IX is BLACK DIAMOND.

http://www.fanthatracks.com/news/film-mu...pisode-ix/

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/17/...pisode-ix/

So Disney's going to have Johnny Depp show up as Captain Jack Sparrow looking for the Black Diamond with our good heroes in the next Star Wars as a cross-promotion? Black Pearl, Black Diamond....

They could return to Lucas's original sequel trilogy outline that involved intergalactic space pirates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

STAR WARS

EPISODE IX

General Leia has passed away peacefully in her sleep...

I have a feeling it'll be carried out like this.

I expect a substantial time-jump too; maybe a few years.

That's what they tell us but it turns out she had a heart attack when Luke's force ghost came out of nowhere.
A[quote name="mcnooj82" url="/community/t/159625/star-wars-ix-untitled-2019-j-j-abrams-pre-release-discussion-brought-to-you-by-overlord/100#post_4430534"]quiet BARRY

and luke becoming one with the force?

beautiful moment

not anticlimactic at all!

DO NOT RECAST LEIA[/quote]

Luke got the death and peace he deserved.
ACareful with the preview text for folks trying to dodge spoilers.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

STAR WARS

EPISODE IX

GENERAL LEIA went for a walk with her dog and tripped.  And so goes the WILL OF THE FORCE.
ARecasting Leia would be such a dumb idea that I can't believe people still bring it up.

Nobody would accept it at this point in the series. Absolutely zero.

BARRY would love it!

Yeah, time-jump is the way to go.

Also, I hope

Luke's Force ghost keeps showing up to help Kylo go full-blown Macbeth-style crazy, while Hux rolls his eyes in the background.

Honestly, I also kinda hope Hux continues to inexplicably survive like a roach. His final scene is grabbing a full suitcase of credits and scuttling off to Canto Bight to live as a degenerate gambler for the rest of his days - only to lose everything on the first dice roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

BARRY would love it!

I wouldn't, but I prefer it to the character dying off screen. If they cast a close enough visual match like Stevie Nicks to finish out her arc, I think audiences would roll with it.

ANo.
ABARRY would love it

Alternatively they could use cut footage from THE LAST JEDI to set up her death at the beginning of IX, and cast a soundalike to play the disembodied voice of Leia ala Obi-Wan in A NEW HOPE. She could still be involved in the plot in spirit form and be there audibly when Rey confronts Kylo again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dent6084 View Post

Honestly, I also kinda hope Hux continues to inexplicably survive like a roach. His final scene is grabbing a full suitcase of credits and scuttling off to Canto Bight to live as a degenerate gambler for the rest of his days - only to lose everything on the first dice roll.

As amusing as that would be, I could easily envision a scenario where Hux is actively (and secretly) attempting to subvert Supreme Leader Kylo Ren in IX, either because he's fed up with the abuse he's taken, or because he genuinely believes Ren isn't doing the job well.  Bumbling Hux was great fun in THE LAST JEDI, but I don't think they can milk that for another movie as the single, defining dynamic between the two characters (though they should by all means let Gleeson continue to play humorous grace notes).

A[quote name="Belloq87" url="/community/t/159625/star-wars-ix-untitled-2019-j-j-abrams-pre-release-discussion-brought-to-you-by-overlord/100#post_4431365"]but I don't think they can milk that for another movie[/quote]
(Ron Howard) They did.

Return of the Jedi > Blue Harvest >> Episode IX > Black Diamond

Either that or this is a KISS crossover.

AThey should just use still frames of her head from the past two movies and get the guys the guys who did Cavill’s fake fucking Superman mouth to animate the lower half of her face.
A[quote name="catartik" url="/community/t/159625/star-wars-ix-untitled-2019-j-j-abrams-pre-release-discussion-brought-to-you-by-overlord/100#post_4431394"]They should just use still frames of her head from the past two movies and get the guys the guys who did Cavill’s fake fucking Superman mouth to animate the lower half of her face.[/quote]
Star Wars Episode IX: Clutch Cargo Strikes Back.

The Resistance is in good hands with the next generation, but there's unfinished business between Leia and Ben. I feel like those characters need to have some sort of closure with one another, whether that be with a recast Leia or the disembodied voice of her spirit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belloq87 View Post

As amusing as that would be, I could easily envision a scenario where Hux is actively (and secretly) attempting to subvert Supreme Leader Kylo Ren in IX, either because he's fed up with the abuse he's taken, or because he genuinely believes Ren isn't doing the job well.  Bumbling Hux was great fun in THE LAST JEDI, but I don't think they can milk that for another movie as the single, defining dynamic between the two characters (though they should by all means let Gleeson continue to play humorous grace notes).

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that's the dynamic they're setting up for the next film (witness Hux nonchalantly going for his gun when he sees an unconscious Kylo, and his sheer contempt for him in their final scene). But they definitely need to keep giving Gleeson comic beats as well.

Ado a MAJOR time jump and have Brendan Gleeson play Hux!

Keanu as Kylo!

Denzel as Finn!

Kiera as Rey!

Kelly Marie Tran as Rose! Because Asian women don't age until they hit their 60s or so!!!
A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belloq87 View Post

I'd love for Abrams to go in this direction. A costly power struggle between Kylo and Hux would be great fun and could potentially help even the playing field between the First Order and whatever forces our heroes can muster.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

do a MAJOR time jump and have Brendan Gleeson play Hux!

I thought about this, too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Macken View Post

I'd love for Abrams to go in this direction. A costly power struggle between Kylo and Hux would be great fun and could potentially help even the playing field between the First Order and whatever forces our heroes can muster.

And it would be something we've never really seen before in this series, at least on a large scale.

A[quote name="mcnooj82" url="/community/t/159625/star-wars-ix-untitled-2019-j-j-abrams-pre-release-discussion-brought-to-you-by-overlord/120#post_4431410"]do a MAJOR time jump and have Brendan Gleeson play Hux!

Keanu as Kylo!

Denzel as Finn!

Kiera as Rey!

Kelly Marie Tran as Rose! Because Asian women don't age until they hit their 60s or so!!![/quote]

Oh. Oh yes. Kylo Wick.
AForget Hux. I'd rather have an evil force ghost Snoke driving Ren nuts. And every time he starts to explain his past, he just dematerializes. No answers for you fans!

Bart's pitch:

Timejump, like everyone has already talked about. Let's say five years, allowing for the passage of time not just between the making of TLJ and Episode IX, but TFA and TLJ. Let's riff on Revenge of the Sith this time and have the Galaxy in a state of Civil War. The Resistance has managed to carve out a good chunk of itself, say 25% of the Galaxy so they're still underdogs, and there's talk of suing for peace and signing a treaty.

The crux of the film would be opposing leadership meeting in some neutral spot to sign said treaty. Rey is in full-on negotiator mode, like the Jedi in the prequels. But then, um, something goes wrong and fight fight fight.

Basically it's The Undiscovered Country.

Ugh fucking fan fiction.

Hey hey hey

A Bart pitch is only ever the broadest thread of a plot. I'm not writing real dialogue, like "All this time, the man...and the bat" or anything like that.

What most of us forget is that legendary bit of board lore was the capper of like 2,000 words of treatment this rando had come up with, and also ended with a scene with Bruce and Selina in a jacuzzi getting attacked by Talia. Or it might've been the reverse.

I would never do that. Nevah.

Bart's pitch is almost guaranteed, in the broad strokes, to be smarter and better than anything Abrams comes up with.

My biggest source of hope for Episode IX is Johnson: his clearing the field in TLJ (and I believe he's written or writing a treatment for Episode IX) will force Abrams to tell an actual fucking story, instead of relying on Mystery Boxes.

With J.J. at the helm, get ready for two exhausting years of him - and others involved - playing coy over whether or not Luke has a role in IX.  Mystery Box!

I really think they should skip that this time, and just be up front about him being in the movie when the time is ready to announce the full cast or the start of production.