Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2017-18 NBA Season
That Dwayne Wade is a good guy.
Lakers renounced Julius Randle. He's now an unrestricted free agent.

Oh, and they signed Rajon Rondo.
Lance Stephenson & Rajon Rondo are now Lakers. Lavar Ball is still in the mix. This will be a train wreck of epic proportions.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Please add Cousins. For comedy's sake, they must.
Has there ever been a full-on brawl in an NBA game solely between members of one team?
Gamertag: Tweakee
(07-02-2018, 02:16 PM)JMurdoch Wrote: That Dwayne Wade is a good guy.

And he's got great taste in women.....

[Image: gabrielle-union.jpg]
Randle goes to Pelicans. Cousins to Lakers is a lock now.
Apparently LeBron's first L.A.-based project for his entertainment company will be an ambitious effort to bring back the slapstick comedy. I look forward to this.

Can he rock a bowl haircut like Moe?
(07-02-2018, 07:02 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Randle goes to Pelicans. Cousins to Lakers is a lock now.

I think Rondo to the Lakers was the big sign that Cousins to LA is a done deal. They got along well in Sacramento and it was Cousins that got Rondo to NOLA in the first place. 

The Randle signing tells me that they’ve already moved on from Boogie, which is fine. They played their best ball without him last year, and Jrue’s numbers were significantly better with only one of Davis and Cousins on the floor rather than both. A team with Boogie has a higher long term ceiling than without, but they can stay competitive in the short term either way. 

Rondo’s a bigger loss short term because we have no real way to replace him right now. Elfrid Payton is a good get as a bench guy, but not as an everyday starter.  Randle is a nice front court signing post Boogie, though. The fact that Davis actively recruited him makes me feel better.  And now it’ll be more feasible to keep Mirotic in place long term. Dell Demps is good at finding quality guys off the scrap heap, so I think the Pels are in decent shape, albeit not legit championship contenders.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Boogie to the Warriors, holy shit.
Throw out everything I just said. Boogie to the Wariors for the mid level fucking exception. This is the most ridiculous thing that has ever happened. Their starting lineup is
Steph Curry, arguably the best pure shooter in NBA history
Klay Thompson, a legit all-pro
Kevin Durant, the second best player in the planet
Draymond Green, at least an all star caliber player
Demarcus Cousins, the best Center in the NBA right now by several miles

There is absolutely no point to playing next season. They should just give the Warriors two sets of rings opening night and move on.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Fuck the Warriors forever. So DC goes to get his ring and proves he can still play then gets his money. These players are so weak. How is that championship going to mean anything when they don't even need you to win it?
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Does the possibility of him being added to this crazy Lakers mix incentivize the Thunder to buy Melo out even more now?
Ya know I've always been fond of Cousins. Stand-up guy. Misunderstood by the media, that's what I say.

Welcome to the Dynasty, Big Fella!
Well at least you know that if he signs a 5.3 million dollar deal to basically play half a year he's probably pretty committed to be on his best behavior to get a ring and prove he's worthy of a long-term deal.
It's crazy how stealth the Warriors were with this. I've been following all this junk the last couple days and there wasn't a peep about this happening until it was done. Their front office is on a whole other level.
Apparently even some people in the Warriors' front office didn't know the deal was coming.

This is a less-than one year rental, since GS can't pay him next year.

And apparently nobody was offering anything to Cousins, so why not go to the best team for a year? He gets the best of everything: a shot at a ring, a chance to prove his value, and zero hard feelings if he plays well and signs elsewhere next year.

But he'd better set a daily reminder on his phone: "Do NOT fuck this up!" Because if he falls back into old habits, he could be out of the league in a couple years.
Kawhi and Danny Green to Toronto for DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl, and a 2019 first rounder.

Good deal for the Spurs considering the position they were in. Feels like Toronto is gonna take one last crack at a title this season before going into rebuild mode.
Dwight Howard is the corniest human alive:

Quote:“I learned Magic for eight years. I traveled to La-La Land. I learned how to work with Rockets. Then I went and learned how to fly with some Hawks. Got stung by the Hornets. But through all of that, it’s taught me how to be a Wizard.”

https://deadspin.com/how-i-became-a-wiza...1827810997

Shout-out to David Roth for calling Dwight a "hulking goofsteak."
"When Disco Oscar Robertson tells you to drink like a homeless person, you best start imbibing"

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/statu...8847195136

[Image: DlQC3vrX4AEfHwj.jpg:large]"When

"Did Cledus call you a legend?!"  "Uh-huh."

"The engines have stopped now. We all know we are going down. Last call for alcohol

Sure wish I could have another round"
https://deadspin.com/when-the-nellie-kus...1828907500
Stratosphere baby, stratosphere.  I'm stacked up over La Guardia and I'm not comin' down for nobody.  Not even you.
Jimmy Butler wants out of Minnesota. "Preferred" destinations are the Nets, Clippers and Knicks.
(09-08-2018, 11:33 AM)Rylander Wrote: https://deadspin.com/when-the-nellie-kus...1828907500

Holy shit, Nellie!  He transitioned from Bill Parcells to Barry Melrose.
I don't smoke... but getting stoned and playing poker in Hawaii with Nellie, Willie Nelson and Woody Harrelson sounds like an awesome vacation.