Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24: Fail Another Day
ADespite its ingenious high school terrorist subplot, 24: LEGACY didn't set the world on fire. Now FOX is gonna try again with another spinoff:

Quote:Fox is developing a potential new incarnation of its Emmy-winning drama series that would have a female lead and take the real-time format of the terrorism-themed original and apply it to a different arena, criminal justice.

The project, which has received a script commitment, hails from 24 franchise executive producers Howard Gordon and Imagine’s Brian Grazer, as well as former The Killing writer-producer Jeremy Doner and the franchise’s production companies, 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV. Doner will write the script with Gordon, who ran the original series.

Details about the premise are sketchy, but I hear that the potential new 24 series centers on a female prosecutor who uncovers a legal conspiracy and has to work against the clock to save a death row inmate facing imminent execution whom she had helped prosecute but may be innocent. I hear this is part of an anthological take on 24 that would tackle a new world with new characters each season.

I think spinning the format off into a different area is a good idea - there's a lot you can apply that 24 hour clock to and it doesn't necessarily have to be a terrorist attack. That said, you need better writers than last time, FOX.

This makes no sense. Don't most "legal proceedings" take months if not not years to complete. What the hell can our legal system accomplish in 24 hours.

A[quote name="History Buff" url="/community/t/159753/24-fail-another-day/0_50#post_4396851"]This makes no sense. Don't most "legal proceedings" take months if not not years to complete. What the hell can our legal system accomplish in 24 hours. 
[/quote]
I doubt constructing a realistic depiction of our legal system is high on their priority list. Based on the description, I think it’ll be less ‘courtroom drama’ and more ‘prosecutor going outside the system to right a wrong’ with a dash of conspiracy thriller.

I suppose this could work. It’s better than pulling the terrorism dead horse for another beating.
Ahahahahahahahahaha

https://www.24spoilers.com/2018/07/30/24...-creators/
Urf.

I was hoping they'd jump on the anthology craze. A new actor/character in a completely different life-threatening, time-challenged scenario each season could be a lot of fun.

But no, they come up with the most boring option available. Again.
Gamertag: Tweakee
Will we get to see the origin story of Tony's Cubs mug?
This sounds like a job for Scott Eastwood!
Isn't this like the 5th time they've tried to revive 24?

Shit's done yo.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
But... that... that would mean we would have to come up with a brand new concept and idea for a TV show. Are you crazy? If CBS can keep milking the JAG franchise and NBC the Law and Order franchise, I'm sure we can get at least eight more shows out of 24!!!
...JAG's still a thing?
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
(07-30-2018, 09:30 PM)farsight Wrote: Urf.

I was hoping they'd jump on the anthology craze. A new actor/character in a completely different life-threatening, time-challenged scenario each season could be a lot of fun.

But no, they come up with the most boring option available. Again.

Yeah I would've liked to see the time-crunch scenario used for something other than another antiterrorist storyline. Holy shit has that gotten old.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
(08-01-2018, 06:46 AM)Codename Wrote: ...JAG's still a thing?

JAG turned into NCIS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Queen_(JAG)
I guess the whole concept of the female attorney got thrown out?  It would hardly have been a sure thing (the only correct answer here is to let the IP die until and unless you can wrangle Kiefer for a Bauer Escapes Kevin McNally's Gulag movie), but at least it would have stood a chance.  Exactly no one wants to see young Bauer.  And anyway, Jack looked like 30 in the show's pilot, so that is more or less how he should have looked during the Kosovo mission or whatever the hell his backstory was.
Jack's still sitting in that Russian prison, waiting for Serbian Tony and the Golden Retriever to come rescue him.
Quote:"I declare this chestburster an OUTLAAAAAAWW!"
24 - Jack Bauer = meh, whatever.
I wish Wersching could return.
This reminds me that Kiefer was exceptionally gruff and grizzled for a 34 year old in season 1. He must've had Kim when he was like 17 or something...

"Shit, I dont wanna be a teen dad. I'm gonna run away and learn how to fight terror."
Post removed. Didn't see it already above.

DAAAAAAMN IT!!
No Jack Bauer, Tony Almeida, or Renee Walker, it isn't 24.
Now they're saying that the death row idea is still on table, and the Bauer prequel is a competing concept. Didn't realize they were pulling a Game of Thrones and letting multiple 24 spinoff ideas battle to the death.

https://tvline.com/2018/08/02/24-revival...ack-bauer/