Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GLASS pre-release thread
(10-11-2018, 12:12 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 12:03 PM)bradito Wrote: Trailer doesn't spoil anything that couldn't be extrapolated by simply knowing who's in the cast and the general idea.

I kinda wish they'd upgraded Willis' super-suit.

You don't think it lays everything out including the showdown? I mean I assume they are holding something back but the whole structure is there.

I don't think it's as spoilery as we think it is. I think the third act is pretty much intact. The scenes with the cheerleader hostages are probably the opening of the movie and how Dunn and The Beast end up in the institution. The escape is probably mid-way through and those fight scenes look like they take place at the institution.
Dude . . . spoiler tag that shit.
Ok. Watched the trailer. I didn't see much more than what the last one showed. And still don't feel spoiled I guess.

Besides....this is an M. Night film. "This is not...going to go....THE WAY YOU THINK.." *Luke Skywalker*

But even if it does...I'm not sure that we've seen much, if any, of the third act/climax. Yeah....acts 1 and 2 seem pretty clear. But....jeez, we've all seen movies. We all know a lot of what pretty much has to happen in these types of films.

#stillnotcastawaytrailer
Wait, the title is “Star Wars”? Fucking spoiler text that shit!
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

Look we know im right here.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I'm actually kind of sad I watched that trailer.

I usually don't care but I feel like maybe it gave away a lot of money shots? Unless this movie is just rife with money shots (for a mid-budget movie)?
the empire never ended
Maybe I'm wrong. I accept that. I'll admit it if so. But if that trailer showed all the money shots then...that movie doesn't have very many or very good ones. There's one chance at getting this totally right. And M. Night knows this is his most anticipated/wanted thing ever. Unbreakable was subtle. Split felt like it was (rightfully) holding back. Glass is gonna go bigger and badder than any movie he's ever done..
I watched Split last night. It was quite good! I was surprised.

I have this hunch that Night's plot twist for GLASS is going to involve David trying to protect Casey, only to have Casey go bad at the end and join up with Horde/Glass.
home taping is killing music
The twist is that they're all characters in a comic book movie. Camera pulls back to reveal Haley Joel Osmet from the Sixth Sense, now a beardo, in a theater watching the flick in a crowded theater.
Haley Joel Osment looks like Al from Home Improvement now..
I'm gonna bet on what is shown in the trailer as the Big Fight where David is rescuing the group of cheerleaders from The Beast actually happens in Act One, and is how they both end up in the mental hospital.
I mean, yeah, I think that's nearly a for sure on when the cheerleader scene takes place.

Maybe I'm wrong on the money shot thing, I'm just thinking back to Unbreakable and Split and those movies don't have a lot of money shots and this trailer was really piling them on at the end there. As far as I know it's a modest budget, so I'm not going into it expecting a lot of shots like this.
the empire never ended
Wouldn't put it past Night to bring in HJO as well. Didn't he say at one point that he thought that kid would grow up and basically use his powers to help people?
home taping is killing music
There's your final twist for Glass!
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Holy fuck that trailer got me hyped.
New Trailer

(11-15-2018, 03:27 AM)Felix Wrote: New Trailer

Yep, still can’t wait. I’m so exciting to hear a new rendition of Unbreakable’s theme.
I refuse!!
No more previews.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
Yeah, I'm not going to watch that. But I do need to watch SPLIT, as well as rewatch UNBREAKABLE.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(11-15-2018, 11:27 AM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: No more previews.

NO MORE DEAD COPS!