Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JUSTICE LEAGUE Post-Release Discussion
Basically, "more Marvel."

Which is both a good and a bad thing. I admire BvS's balls and ambition to be something... Else.
(07-13-2018, 08:23 PM)freeman Wrote: Basically, "more Marvel."

Which is both a good and a bad thing.  I admire BvS's balls and ambition to be something...  Else.

Something else other than a coherent, well made movie that didn't take a giant shit on the source material?
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Steppenwolf threatens a janitor in a Justice League movie.

(07-13-2018, 08:35 PM)catartik Wrote: Steppenwolf threatens a janitor in a Justice League movie.

Ayn Rand inspired meta-commentary?

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
(07-13-2018, 08:28 PM)headless fett Wrote:

Which is both a good and a bad thing.  I admire BvS's balls and ambition to be something...  Else.

Something else other than a coherent, well made movie that didn't take a giant shit on the source material?

Ambitious. Different. Differently told. Epic.
(07-13-2018, 08:53 PM)freeman Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 08:28 PM)headless fett Wrote:

Ambitious.  Different.  Differently told.  Epic.

Words that would describe THOR: RAGNAROK perfectly!

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Except that Ragnarok was an example of doing those things almost entirely successfully. I'm not saying BvS succeeded, I'm saying I admire those traits in general.
Ambitious lelelel
You don't think?
BVS is most certainly ambitious. It’s also an object lesson in why ambition is not necessarily a virtue unto itself.
This is pretty good.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE SNYDER CUT
If the link doesn't go to the authentic Snyder Cut, which only lives in my heart, I will never trust you again.
Finally saw this after DVRing it off HBO. I can't really add anything to the discussion at this point beyond how sad it is that a movie starring these characters became something that can best be described as a good background movie while you're doing something else. However, that extended shot of the picture of Kevin Costner sinking into the goop as they're getting ready to revive Superman was hysterical. I just wish it had been a still from TIN CUP.
Only if it were this one:

[Image: tin-cup.jpg]