Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Merantau' with Iko Uwais on Blu-Ray - Hell YEAH!

I have recently written a post on my website in which I reviewed the Blu-Ray version of the cult Indonesian martial arts flick 'Merantau' (2009).

For those of you guys that don't know, 'Merantau' marks the debut of Iko Uwais - the star from the iconic actioners 'Raid: Redemption' and 'Raid: BERANDAL'.

'Meranau' comes from the creators of 'The Raid' movies and it is as brutal and action-packed.

It is a must-see for every keen martial arts movie fan as it delivers spectacular and realistic fight sequences that showcase the prowess of the ancient Indonesian martial art form known as Pencat Silak.

The Blu-Ray edition contains an uncut version and it also includes some bonus feature which is really awesome :

• deleted scenes
  • bloopers (showing some goofs during filming)
  • a 'making of' part
  • video production journal
  • interesting information about the 'Bamboo pole stunt' which is really stunning
  • a storyboard to screen part that gives an insight about the planning and development of some key stunts

Here are some of the important technical specifications:

• This is a cut version that runs for 112min. The language is Indonesian.
  • There are English and Spanish subtitles available as well as a dubbed English version.
  • It is a region A/1 DVD format meaning that the disc is compatible with players sold in North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.
  • It is a widescreen, close-captioned HD format and the image is AVC encoded (1.78:1 aspect ratio).
  • The sound is 5.1 DTS-HD sound mix which only enhances the viewing experience.

Being an 'Amazon choice' product, 'Merantau' on Blu-Ray is a no brainer.

Feel free to read more HERE.

Thank you for reading! Smile