Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) Post-Release
(06-23-2018, 03:33 PM)barry woodward Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 03:19 PM)The Freeman Wrote: It had one the weirdest endings ever. The movie spends half the time being an Amblin riff and half the time being Jaws, and then at the end it just kinda awkwardly mashes both endings together in a way that doesn't work at all thematically or logically, to the extent that we're supposed to have a big ET moment of awe and wonder as the horrific monster alien that has literally eaten townspeople for weeks gets away on his space ship.

You're supposed to feel conflicted about the alien. That's one of the things I liked about the film.

It's tonally completely absurd and does not work at all.
(06-23-2018, 03:33 PM)barry woodward Wrote: You're supposed to feel conflicted about the alien.
(06-23-2018, 04:00 PM)Fafhrd Wrote: I don't think you are.

We're meant to be rooting for an abused creature to escape, not for it to snack on the townspeople. The kid confronts the alien about it, acknowledges what it's been through and tells it to move on.

(06-23-2018, 04:00 PM)Fafhrd Wrote: Hence the lead kid allowing the locket from his dead mother to become part of the spaceship.

It isn't until the alien decides to move on from its past trauma and live, that the boy does the same by letting go of the locket.

"I know bad things happen. Bad things happen, but you can still live. You can still live!"

[Image: super-8-alien.jpg]

[Image: 474e733d6abcd7949440ceadd249b6c9.jpg]
That reminds me, the design of the alien is generic dog shit.

FUCK Super 8. Stranger Things season 1 kicked it's ass.
So what you're saying is the Duffer Brothers should get a Star War once STRANGER THINGS wraps?
and BARRY knocks out freeman with a COUNTER!!!!
Behold, the next generation of Jedi:

[Image: stranger-things-2-cast-1.jpg]
My favourite piss take of the whole remake thing is someone who said the yearly event would be called Incelebration. Laughed way to hard at that.
Whāia te iti kahurangi ki te tūohu koe me he maunga teitei
This tweet seems to give away those Remake The Last Jedi guys were joking all along: https://twitter.com/rmthelastjedi/status...91168?s=21
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
yeah, it's a joke whether it's all intended to be a joke or not
Burn it all down. Let it all die.

No more cute little Easter Egg rib nudges. No more winking. No more relying heavily on reminding us of good movies for some cheap lame nostalgia pop.

Let. It. Go.
SUPER 8 would have been a fantastic film if they'd just cut out that subplot about the alien. Everything to do with a gang of kids making a backyard zombie movie is gold.
Millie Bobby Brown for young Leia!
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
They should just SEARCH FOR SPOCK Leia and let Millie Bobby Brown play her in EPISODE IX.
with all the toxic scrutiny she already faces, you guys want her to face the full disgusting scrutiny of star war fans by casting her as leia?

jesus, how could you be so CRUEL???

WHAT DID SHE DO TO YOU???
Why would you ever recast Leia or Luke after the Han thing?
(06-23-2018, 08:24 PM)Nooj Wrote: with all the toxic scrutiny she already faces, you guys want her to face the full disgusting scrutiny of star war fans by casting her as leia?
Heh, no kidding. Would anybody even want that job? Talk about your combinations of "doomed from the outset" and "will never, ever be able to escape it."
Has this been posted here yet?

Those videos are the absolute fucking worst. Nitpicking to death.
We have many different opinions here, but we can all agree that Cinema Sins is lame.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Fuck that. Not bothering to watch.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(06-23-2018, 06:40 PM)barry woodward Wrote: So what you're saying is the Duffer Brothers should get a Star War once STRANGER THINGS wraps?

They did already do a better Star Wars riff with 11 in The Lost Sister than The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi have done in Star Wars.
Cinema Sins Baz? Really?!?

Come on mate, now you're even testing me.

[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-23-2018, 08:47 PM)freeman Wrote: Those videos are the absolute fucking worst.  Nitpicking to death.

On the up side they do give use Everything Wrong With Everything Wrong videos.