Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) Post-Release
No, but I genuinely like TLJ!  More than TFA!!!

Ah damn it, you got me back in!  That lasted four minutes.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

You're not allowed to like TLJ Neil get with the program.
(12-18-2018, 03:19 PM)The Freeman Wrote: Poe's lines are chuckle worthy. He's literally doing what Rian Johnson does on the slashfilmcast all the time, which is to casually troll.

You don't find it funny because, and not many people know this, but in real life you're actually almost exactly like Gleesons character. A very self important, pompous, regal, trumped up horses ass.

Real rude to talk about Ambler like that when he's not posting here anymore.
(12-18-2018, 04:51 PM)Fafhrd Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 03:19 PM)The Freeman Wrote: You don't find it funny because, and not many people know this, but in real life you're actually almost exactly like Gleesons character.  A very self important, pompous, regal, trumped up horses ass.

Real rude to talk about Ambler like that when he's not posting here anymore.

[Image: tumblr_mqzy8xURQ11s7rhw6o1_400.gif]
(12-18-2018, 03:19 PM)The Freeman Wrote: He's literally doing what Rian Johnson does on the slashfilmcast all the time, which is to casually troll.

Writing a character who's a version of him but super handsome and by far the best pilot anyone has ever seen in anything ever and who the other characters all like (and even say so explicitly to each other)?

Mary Sue alert! Mary Sue alert!
(12-18-2018, 06:16 PM)Bucho Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 03:19 PM)The Freeman Wrote: He's literally doing what Rian Johnson does on the slashfilmcast all the time, which is to casually troll.

Writing a character who's a version of him but super handsome and by far the best pilot anyone has ever seen in anything ever and who the other characters all like (and even say so explicitly to each other)?

Except for the part where the other characters spend the entire movie castigating him for thinking his dookie don't stink,....maybe?
I mean the casual trolling that Rian loves is all over the movie. Lukes final act to Kylo is one big galactic "lawl."
(12-18-2018, 06:28 PM)schwartz Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 06:16 PM)Bucho Wrote:

Except for the part where the other characters spend the entire movie castigating him for thinking his dookie don't stink,....maybe?

Don't make me find Simply Red's "If You Don't Know Me By Now" video Schwartz. Because I will go that far if backed into a corner.
What if some utter genius set the throne room scene to a suite of songs from Ween's The Mollusk?

What then?