Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) Post-Release
(01-14-2020, 06:47 PM)bailey Wrote: It's not about the money- it's about the lack of enthusiasm. Even if they only do saga movies, are they gonna build them around Rey?  Good luck with that.

In the 2030s when the ST hits a nostalgia surge like the PT does with millennials? Sure! But that’s playing a long game. I’d think Disney would be better to hold off on ANY film at this point but I’m not an executive/shareholder/CEO that needs more hookers and coke.
(01-14-2020, 06:03 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 05:28 PM)ChrisW Wrote: Now Star Wars is in worse shape as a franchise than when Revenge of the Sith dropped.

If this was SOLO levels of a disaster, I'd might agree, except THE RISE OF SKYWALKER is crossing a billion dollars, THE MANDALORIAN is very popular, and then there's the Obi-Wan spin-off that's likely to generate a lot of buzz.

I wouldn't even go far to say that Star Wars was in bad shape after the divisive REVENGE OF THE SITH, because shortly after LucasFilm put out THE CLONE WARS which is getting renewed by Disney+.
Star Wars TV looks to be in good shape.  The budgets are low enough where Disney is more hands off.   But where do you take the movies?   

There's no clear path forward and it seems like the new cast is not so keen on doing more.   I feel like Duel of the Fates offered an off ramp into The Old Republic Era.  We're kinda getting that with the High Republic Era (supposedly) but it's still too close to the prequels to be compelling.  We'll see.