Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Election: Suffering without end.

Because by all accounts, Oprah kicked off a 2020 Presidential run last night.

I hope Uma is her running mate.

I don't think most people who have an opinion necessarily want Oprah to run, I just don't know who on the Democratic side would defeat her in the primary.

AToo soon man.

(hits subscribe anyways)
AI swear to God, if people actually nominate a daytime talk show host to run for president, I'm moving to Jupiter.

Let's just be sure we can get to 2020 first!

Oprah hasn't been a daytime talk show host since Obama's first term. Name another talk show host worth 3 billion dollars.

She's far from an ideal candidate but I think you're being willfully obtuse, here.

It occurred to me that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the democratic primary could have some combination of Oprah, The Rock, Kanye and Zuckerberg fighting it out, while the septuagenarians with actual experience holding political office strain for what's left of the air in the room. Whoever leverages their social media reach most effectively becomes leader of the free world!

My Pillow guy in '28!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moltisanti View Post

My Pillow guy in '28!

Those pillows are fucking awesome, so he has my vote.  Shamwow guy for VP?

At this moment I'd say Zuck running is a safe bet. But the Rock? That's just silly.

AI wouldn't vote for Zuckerberg based only on how that doughy nerd walks. But I can think of lots of better reasons too..
Atruly the verhoven future of our own making...

Zuckerberg is a weird sociopath, and huge nerd...  So he would need to run for a GOP congressional seat in AZ, TX, or WI first.

But yeah, spin the Big Wheel O' Techno-Feudal Overlords!

... Also that might have been a better name for the thread.

The prospect of Zuck running reminds me of when Steve Forbes was running for President in 96 and hosted SNL. His monologue was a Q&A with planted audience members.

"As a really rich person, if you crash your Lamborghini, do you even bother having it fixed or do you just hop in your helicopter and get a new one?"

He didn't make it out of the primary and I highly doubt Zuck would be any different.

What we need is the perfect leftist Trump bizarro candidate...wait a minute....

Dear lord, what have I done?

If Oprah or Zuckerberg or whoever wants to run for President, let 'em. Nothing to stop them from doing that - it's their right as citizens. It's also their job - if they do so - to convince me they would be able to do the work. I'm gonna try to be agnostic about this shit until 2018 is over and we see what the lay of the land is and hopefully the planet isn't a smoking nuclear winterized ruin.

If the needle hasn't moved after the 2018 midterms, I'm going to focus on moving to the Canadian wilderness, not on who's running in 2020.

AAnyone else think this may be the first job Trump has ever really had?
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryoken View Post

What we need is the perfect leftist Trump bizarro candidate...wait a minute....

Dear lord, what have I done?

It never ceases to impress me how engaged and knowledgeable you are with regard to American politics.

Cliven Bundy and the gang have all been acquitted now, so add Ammon Bundy to the list of GOP presidential hopefuls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

I swear to God, if people actually nominate a daytime talk show host to run for president, I'm moving to Jupiter.

We got a prime-time reality host...is daytime talk a step backwards for you or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

Shamwow guy for VP?

Pretty sure he'd collapse under an avalanche of #MeToo revelations.

Also, untested political folks from Chicago ain't the well the left should go back to.

A[quote name="TzuDohNihm" url="/community/t/159963/2020-election-suffering-without-end#post_4445343"][QUOTE name="commodorejohn" url="/community/t/159963/2020-election-suffering-without-end#post_4445215"]I swear to God, if people actually nominate a daytime talk show host to run for president, I'm moving to Jupiter.[/QUOTE]
We got a prime-time reality host...is daytime talk a step backwards for you or something[/quote]
No, just a terminal diagnosis.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TzuDohNihm View Post

Also, untested political folks from Chicago ain't the well the left should go back to.

Because the last one was such a bust...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post

Because the last one was such a bust...?

Didn't you hear, Schwartz? Barack Obama is very unpopular.

The least popular politician in America, as indicated by a recent gallup poll.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/27/politics/b...index.html

AElecting television personalities to the highest office in the land is the new normal, and we couldn't approve more.

-Democrats, apparently
A[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/254639/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

And still more sane looking than the current incumbent.*

*Joke aside, Oprah’s career as a tv host, actress, philanthropist and political activist puts her light years away from Trump
AYes, but can Oprah be trusted to bomb villages when a country nationalizes its oil wells?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reasor View Post

Yes, but can Oprah be trusted to bomb villages when a country nationalizes its oil wells?

What do we have the Deep State for, if not to ensure this?

It's really way too early to be freaking out about ow the Dems are going to blow 2020.  When we've seen how the midterms go, and where the Russian investigation goes over the next 6-12 months, we will actually have some idea of the lay of the land.

Here's a thought....what if Oprah doesnt run for president, but for Vice President...for someone like Booker, Harris or Biden?

She would be a booster rocket to any democrat running for president.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wd40 View Post

It never ceases to impress me how engaged and knowledgeable you are with regard to American politics.

I have family and close family friends who live in the USA; a lot of them are cuban exiles or sons/daughters of cuban exiles, so Ive been engaged and interested in USA politics a lot since I was young.

The rest of my family and family friends live in Chile, like I, or in Ecuador (my mother's home country), so yeah, Im used to be freaked out and worried for them because of politics.

A good look at the last 50 years of either country's history/politics would make you question how I have yet to suffer a heart attack or aneurysm.

Also, I was reading about Ken Follet's "On Wings of Eagles", which makes a good case for Perot's potential as a president.

Biden/Winfrey would actually complement each other's deficiencies rather well, come to think of it.

No to Biden. No no no no no.

Hey did everyone just forget about Elizabeth Warren, Kirsten Gillibrand, or Kamela Harris?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryoken View Post

And still more sane looking than the current incumbent.*

Hell, THIS is more sane looking than the current incumbent...

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatherDude View Post

Electing television personalities to the highest office in the land is the new normal, and we couldn't approve more.

-Democrats, apparently

We are finally taking our first steps towards living The Running Man