Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Election: Suffering without end.
Looks like around $3-4 billion of that was for HHS and education.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Ted Cruz and Beto O'Rourke had a spirited debate for the Senate race in Texas.

You want ickyness from Cruz? You got it! He claimed that MLK Jr would be against NFL players kneeling (because he loved America so much you see). He said school shootings are due in part to lack of God in public schools and supported more guns on campuses. It should be noted that Cruz has accepted the most donations from the NRA of any candidate this election cycle.

Cruz also took personal offense to O'Rourke's stance on legalizing Marijuana, since Cruz's sister Miriam died of a drug overdose. Did she die from ODing on pot? Of course not, no one in history has ODed on THC. She overdosed on prescription drugs.
40 days until the midterms elections.
I've been lurking on this thread for over a year, quietly watching this train wreck unfold but taking no part in the conversation. There's two reasons for this; 1) I'm Canadian and only have a limited horse in this race (my daughter and granddaughter live in the hell-blasted snowscape that is North Dakota) and 2) Canadians have a weird predisposition to turning into sanctimonious asshats' when we talk politics with Americans. After watching the shitshow play out this week I'm finally going to say something: "you have my sympathies I really, really, hope things work out for you".
AI'm not afraid of you...I watched hockey with Michael Ironside!....and he's a goddamn Leafs fan.
I think Amy Klobouchar jumped up a couple of places in the 2020 Democrat rankings after today. She was the only one Brett was nice to!
home taping is killing music
I’m betting Cory Booker ends up being the attack dog. They’re going to need someone to say all the worst things about Trump. If he’s smart, he’ll do it. It’s his best path forward, and it helps everyone else in the field too.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Warren said today she's "considering" running, which is a big change from previous "never running" statements she's made.
So will Avenatti be the pissed off Left's answer to Trump in 2020? Yes he seems like an attention whore but what wannabe politician isn't? He has no program hitting back on Twitter (like Trump) or attacking the Dems for their weakness too which should appeal to people sick of standard politicians. His stated policies also seem in line with what Most Dems seem to want. Assuming him running isn't just a publicity stunt (although Trump running certainly started out that way too) I can see him actually going all the way if he doesn't flame out quickly. Not that I am pulling for him but liberals are so desperate for an actual fighter and Avenatti might fit the bill.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-av...e-2020-run
"You want a vision of the future?Imagine a boot stomping on a human face.....forever."
Well, unlike Trump, at least Avenatti has a familiarity with the Constitution.

I think he'll make things worse, in the long run, if he's an actual candidate....but regardless, I'd like to see him debate Cheeto. He's better equipped to beat that Mango Jackwad on his ground than anybody in the potential field, save maybe Booker.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

How did all this Avanetti For Prez nonsense start anyway? Did some talking head on a cable network suggest it when he first materialized amidst the Stormy Daniels Era (of a few months ago)?
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

It started with Avenatti himself - he's released a list of policy positions and said he's exploring a 2020 bid.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/stat...80/photo/1
Ugh. I like him less now.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

I never liked him to begin with, though I like some of what he's accomplished.