Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020 Election: Suffering without end.
(01-12-2021, 07:08 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Poor Martians would just end up like the Native Americans.
Elizabeth Warren is going to pretend to be part Martian?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I need to cope/have fun.

A few additions (or is it seditions?) to my ACS fantasy cast, bolded:

Trump - John Travolta
Pence - Justin Theroux
Carson - Courtney B. Vance
Barr - Vincent D'Onofrio
Jared - Anders Holm
Ivanka - Emma Roberts
Junior - Darren Criss
Eric - Ben Platt
Melania - Milla Jovovich
Hillary - Sarah Paulson
Bannon - Tim Heidecker
Kellyanne - Connie Britton
Pelosi - Jessica Walter 
McConnell - James Cromwell
Graham - Toby Jones
Manafort - Christopher McDonald
Cruz - Pedro Pascal
Hawley - Edward Norton
Jordan - Michael C. Hall
Nunes - David Dastmalchian
Rick Scott - Matt Frewer
Ron Johnson - Scott Glenn
Mo Brooks - Clancy Brown
Paul - Christian Slater
Loeffler - Gwyneth Paltrow
Pompeo - Michael Chiklis
Sessions - Martin Freeman
DeVos - Joan Allen
Prince - Thomas Jane
Ross - Kurtwood Smith
Mnuchin - Kyle MacLachlan
Mueller - David Strathairn
Rudy - Billy Crystal
Kavanaugh - Matthew Modine
ACB - Lily Rabe 
Hannity - Ron Livingston
Bernie - Alan Arkin
Cohen - Eric Bogosian
DeJoy - John Carroll Lynch 
Flynn - Dylan McDermott
McMaster - Jonathan Banks
Bolton - William H. Macy
Dersh - Evan Handler (reprising his OJ performance)
Christie - Billy Gardell
Perdue - David Rasche
Stone - Bob Gunton (switched out from Michael Keaton)
Lewandowski - Titus Welliver
Hicks - Margaret Qualley
Spicer - Tracy Letts
Fuckabee - Gwendoline Christie
McEnany - Taissa Farmiga
Susan Collins - Linda Hunt
Nigel Farage - Ian McDiarmid
Obama - Giancarlo Esposito
Putin - Mads Mikkelsen
Assange - Simon Pegg
Fauci - Sam Waterston
with Rashida Jones as Kamala Harris
and Ted Danson as Joe Biden
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
How is Pence not Mark Rylance?

He'd give him too much dignity.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
I realized recently that Ansel Elgort was born to play Jared.
(01-13-2021, 03:55 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: He'd give him too much dignity.

Good point..

There's still so much I want to know about this, and “I don’t think that’s a question I’m going to get into,” isn't going to fucking cut it:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/bobby...ake-up-why

Quote:Whatever President Trump thought would happen in the U.S. attorney’s office in Atlanta,  it doesn’t appear he will be getting what he was hoping for.

On a call Monday, as reported by the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Acting U.S. Attorney Bobby Christine — who had been handpicked by Trump to lead the Atlanta office after the abrupt departure of Byung J. “BJay” Pak — told his new office that he was closing the two big remaining voter fraud cases from the 2020 election, because there was “no there, there.”

Christine, who is also the U.S. attorney in Savannah, said that when he was appointed to serve simultaneously as acting U.S. Attorney in Atlanta, he expected to find a “dump truck full” of election fraud cases waiting for him in his new role. He’s now learned that there were “very, very few” allegations worthy of investigating, according to the AJC report, which was based on a recording of the call.

“Quite frankly, just watching television you would assume that you got election cases stacked from the floor to the ceiling,” Christine said, according to AJC. “I am so happy to find out that’s not the case, but I didn’t know coming in.”

Maybe Christine was that naive, and hadn’t heard or believed the dozens of assessments of Republican election officials in the state confirming the election was not plagued by fraud, despite Trump’s allegations.

Maybe.

But two other big things happened hours after Christine was appointed by Trump to lead the office. Democrats swept both seats in the Georgia runoffs and a mob — egged on by Trump’s claims of a stolen election – ransacked the Capitol while Congress was certifying Joe Biden’s victory. The certification happened anyway and now Trump will be impeached, and perhaps even convicted by the Senate.

For all Christine’s candor on the Monday call about how his voter fraud case epiphanies, he was much cagier about the circumstances of why he was selected to replace Pak.

“I don’t think that’s a question I’m going to get into,” Christine said on the call, according to AJC, when asked why the career official who normally would have taken the role was skipped over. “I appreciate you asking it; I empathize for why you would ask it, but I’m not going to get into that.”

Pak told his office the morning of Jan. 4 that he was leaving the role that day, rather than on Jan. 20 as he had initially planned. The next in line to take over the role was Kurt Erskine, the first assistant U.S. attorney and a longtime career prosecutor in the office.

It’s now known, thanks to the reporting of Wall Street Journal and others, that Pak was encouraged to leave early by a top Justice Department official the day before his abrupt departure.The official communicated to Pak that the President was not happy with the lack of action from the U.S. attorney’s office to investigate the claims of fraud Trump has falsely been pushing.

When U.S. attorneys elsewhere in the country have stepped down in recent weeks — it is not unusual for such presidential appointees not to wait for inauguration to leave their posts — their first assistants have stepped into their roles.

Why Trump intervened to install Christine in the role instead is still a mystery.
(01-13-2021, 03:02 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: I need to cope/have fun.

A few additions (or is it seditions?) to my ACS fantasy cast, bolded:

Trump - John Travolta
Pence - Justin Theroux
Carson - Courtney B. Vance
Barr - Vincent D'Onofrio
Jared - Anders Holm
Ivanka - Emma Roberts
Junior - Darren Criss
Eric - Ben Platt
Melania - Milla Jovovich
Hillary - Sarah Paulson
Bannon - Tim Heidecker
Kellyanne - Connie Britton
Pelosi - Jessica Walter 
McConnell - James Cromwell
Graham - Toby Jones
Cruz - Pedro Pascal
Hawley - Edward Norton
Jordan - Michael C. Hall
Nunes - David Dastmalchian
Rick Scott - Matt Frewer
Ron Johnson - Scott Glenn
Mo Brooks - Clancy Brown
Paul - Christian Slater
Loeffler - Gwyneth Paltrow
Pompeo - Michael Chiklis
Sessions - Martin Freeman
DeVos - Joan Allen
Prince - Thomas Jane
Ross - Kurtwood Smith
Mnuchin - Kyle MacLachlan
Mueller - David Strathairn
Rudy - Billy Crystal
Kavanaugh - Matthew Modine
ACB - Lily Rabe 
Hannity - Ron Livingston
Bernie - Alan Arkin
Cohen - Eric Bogosian
DeJoy - John Carroll Lynch 
Flynn - Dylan McDermott
McMaster - Jonathan Banks
Bolton - William H. Macy
Dersh - Evan Handler (reprising his OJ performance)
Christie - Billy Gardell
Perdue - David Rasche
Stone - Bob Gunton (switched out from Michael Keaton)
Lewandowski - Titus Welliver
Hicks - Margaret Qualley
Spicer - Tracy Letts
Fuckabee - Gwendoline Christie
McEnany - Taissa Farmiga
Susan Collins - Linda Hunt
Nigel Farage - Ian McDiarmid
Obama - Giancarlo Esposito
Putin - Mads Mikkelsen
Assange - Simon Pegg
Fauci - Sam Waterston
with Rashida Jones as Kamala Harris
and Ted Danson as Joe Biden

https://twitter.com/chris_labarthe/statu...8535251969
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

John Eastman, the law prof who represented Trump in some of his failed efforts to undo Biden's win, has agreed to retire from Chapman University:

https://news.chapman.edu/2021/01/13/stat...president/
Prosecutors in Georgia appear increasingly likely to open a criminal investigation of Trump over his attempts to overturn the results of the state's 2020 election, an inquiry into offenses that would be beyond his federal pardon power:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/15/us/po...ticleShare
That would be icing on the cake.