Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murphy Brown (2018-19)
Ahttps://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/murphy-brown-returning-cbs-13-episodes-1078071

This one is a bit of a head scratcher.

Then again, I thought so about Will and Grace, Roseanne, etc...
AHow will they reconcile this with the absence of longtime nemesis Dan Quayle from the public eye?
AGreat show for its time. I would love to see how it would work in the age of Trump.
AThe show is about the irrelevance of television as a news medium, or else the show can piss off.

Although I do wonder if Eldin ever finished painting that fucking house.

Wake me when it's Wings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamotv View Post

Great show for its time. I would love to see how it would work in the age of Trump.

I'm picturing Candice Bergen giving an endless series of didactic speeches set to pre-recorded audience applause and I'm getting a full-body douche chill.

I wonder if they'll bring up Pastorelli's OD after possibly murdering his girlfriend. I'm gonna guess no.

On the bright side, I'm looking forward to the return of the Joe Regalbuto Era.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangy View Post

On the bright side, I'm looking forward to the return of the Joe Regalbuto Era.

He was pretty good this past season on Curb as the country club gate attendant that Larry didn't want to interact with.

Still say his finest work was as the scummy lawyer opposite Arnold in RAW DEAL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moltisanti View Post

Wake me when it's Wings.

Wake me when it's SOAP.  We need to resolve those cliffhangers, dammit.

(note: we kinda did get some resolution to Jessica's story on BENSON, but still...)

Quote:

He was pretty good this past season on Curb as the country club gate attendant that Larry didn't want to interact with.

That was the first time I saw him since Murphy Brown ended. All hail the Regal-ssance.

I'm pretty sure Regalbuto was the first DirecTV pitchman. If not first, very close to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

Wake me when it's SOAP.  We need to resolve those cliffhangers, dammit.

(note: we kinda did get some resolution to Jessica's story on BENSON, but still...)

I don't think SOAP is in the cards. Seems like all these revivals are all firmly entrenched in 90's nostalgia. I mean what's next? Mad About You? That would be something if Mad About You came back. Not sure how I'd react if it was announced that Mad About You was returning.

AIt’s your day!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.popsuga...458274/amp

I always thought it was odd that they had George forced to watch Mad About You, yet it was also established that Paul Buchman leased his old apartment to Kramer.

How about WORKING STIFFS?  Michael Keaton and Jim Belushi are still kicking it.

Quote:

I don't think SOAP is in the cards. Seems like all these revivals are all firmly entrenched in 90's nostalgia.

A  new season of The Critic​ would get my attention. I don't know how you handle the absence of Duke Phillips, though.

It'll take way more than death to stop Chuck Napier from doing some voice work.

Jebus....is the future of TV going to be nothing but reboots?

If this is the way things are going to be, I demand a full season/reboot of all the Irwin Allen  shows....starting with the unrealized series- 'The Man from the 25th Century'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

How about WORKING STIFFS?  Michael Keaton and Jim Belushi are still kicking it.

I'd rather see a DVD release of the 9 episodes.

What would be nice is a revival of The Simpsons. Can't believe they just stopped after 8 perfect seasons.

I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Quote:

Still say his finest work was as the scummy lawyer opposite Arnold in RAW DEAL.

Nope.

STREET HAWK.

I don't know, think I'd go with his work as the alien who tried to blow up Mork and Mindy ahead of Street Hawk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evi View Post

What would be nice is a revival of The Simpsons. Can't believe they just stopped after 8 perfect seasons.

...Fuck, outta rep.

Holy Hades was this hacky.
The original was an innovator in the field of clapter, right there with Dixie Carter's self-righteous monologues on Designing Women. Molt, I assume that it wasn't funny, but there were still several applause breaks?
(09-28-2018, 09:22 AM)Mangy Wrote: The original was an innovator in the field of clapter, right there with Dixie Carter's self-righteous monologues on Designing Women. Molt, I assume that it wasn't funny, but there were still several applause breaks?

Tons upon tons.

Regalbuto provided me my one chortle after Murphy stated she once went on a date with Trump. "Did he grab anything?" a stunned Regalbuto asked.

I had to marvel at how stale it all was. Get this, Murphy still owned a flip phone. Cuz she's old, don't ya know.

Between this and the new Magnum P.I. I've watched more scripted CBS programming this week than I have in years. What a hot can of vomit they got going there.
Their morning game show block of Let's Make a Deal/Price is Right is still bulletproof, though.
I can't believe we're coming up on 15 years since we lost Rod Roddy.
I had to go read Rod's wikipedia page after that, of course. Two things: 1. I had no idea he was the one that did the voiceovers on SOAP. 2. Whoever wrote the page is pissed that Barker didn't make a bigger deal out of his death.
Interesting. Never really knew of any friction between Bob and Rod. Hope that’s just Internet hullabaloo.

On my phone so pics are harder but if you want a great indication of how boss Rod Roddy was just google his headstone.