Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
twitch.tv/tzudohnihm

About two years ago I saw my sons watching other people playing video games. I, being an old man and out of touch with the kids these days, could not fathom why they would watch someone else play a video game instead of just playing it themselves.

Then came Overwatch. I began to want to learn how to play the game better and thought maybe watching some really good players would help me strategize. I'm not sure exactly how I stumbled upon MoonMoon_OW but his combination of humor and skill made Twitch click for me. I began to understand these were entertainers not just guys getting paid to play video games all day. I have Twitch running daily at work from 10-7. The majority of the time I am in other windows doing work so for me the experience is not much different than having a radio station playing all day. Occasionally I will hear something happening and click over and sometimes I have down time and I watch for extended periods.

All that to say now that I am venturing into the world of PC gaming I thought I would give this streaming thing a shot. Not in hopes of one day quitting my real job but more because the process of it and the culture around it fascinate me. I'm too old and too late to PC gaming to have the skill to be a top notch streamer and I doubt I am entertaining enough to make it like that as well. But if I learn a new hobby and have some fun with friends I will have considered it a success.

But if I do end up quitting my day job next year I promise to make everyone who was there at the beginning from CHUD a moderator.

tart; text-decoration:none; text-indent:0px; vertical-align:baseline; white-space:pre-wrap; word-spacing:0px" target="_blank" title="https://www.twitch.tv/tzudohnihm">https://www.twitch.tv/tzudohnihm

Ya can't say we didn't try.

ANot enough Patreon supporters I suppose.
ADid it not record? I can't see no dang video there.
AMan, I'm just tryna get live video going. You want me to record too?

I haven't messed with recording and, I am assuming, uploading VODs. But today was uneventful and we never even got into the game because the servers were uncooperative.

I will learn about recording hopefully in time for the D2 Raid.
AOooooh, I thought it just recorded automatically, I have no idea how it works from that end. I barely even have any idea how it works from this end.

I think I have to push two buttons instead of one then afterwards go into the Dashboard to upload to Twitch servers. I am sure at some level that can be automated but I am also sure that Freeman will be along shortly to mock me for not knowing how to do all this.

*EDIT* I found a button in settings that says "Store Past Broadcasts" Will try this out to see if that allows you to watch without me recording.

Bucho,

It was a single button setting withing the Twitch Dashboard. Future broadcasts will be saved for 14 days so if we get some mediocre gameplay in folks will be able to check it out if they didn't see it live.

ANice! I just followed you earlier, bringing the number of Twitchers I follow to a grand total of 2.
A50 Shades of Black Sails

http://www.twitch.tv/tzudohnihm
AHoly crap dude, that bit where you went overboard!

Looks fun as heck, if I had anything in the house capable of running that game I'd be all over it.

I can't get it to work.

But I reeeeally hope the little picture-in-picture view of the person playing is just a black silhouette with a question mark inside it.

AIron Banana live on PS4
AFortnite

I'm live on Twitch - Watch me at twitch.tv/tzudohnihm
AIron Banner on PS4

AFORTNITE PS4 Duos

CHUD PC Clan Raid - Castellum Only

Freeman's impression of Tzu at around the 1hr 2min mark made me chuckle.

What did y'all think of the Stream Starting Soon and Be Right Back overlays? Were they CHUD enough?

I liked 'em. Even if it confused me somewhat with you talking over and being heard while the "Stream Starting Soon" was on.

A[quote name="tcjsavannah" url="/community/t/159999/twitch-tv-tzudohnihm#post_4467038"]I liked 'em. Even if it confused me somewhat with you talking over and being heard while the "Stream Starting Soon" was on.
[/quote]

Most streamers talk over their starting logos. They usually talk to chat and announce subs and donations that occurred off stream during the night or first thing.

Check MoonMoon out tonight at 10pm or some of his past videos. His starting logo is on for ten minutes sometimes. Lupo does it too. Timthetatman will just have his camera on for a half hour talking to chat and catching up on subs before he even plays anything in the morning.

The problem I had there was talking to Discord, which I have muted when that screen is on, and not muting myself when coughing or moving around the room waiting to get started.
A[Image: 400]

That's why I assign a button on my mouse for push to talk in Discord. That way you don't have to worry about muting. You just have to get in the habit for pushing before talking (Not super easy). That way you know the stream can hear everything but discord only hears what you want. Perfect for that special bit of shit talking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Parker View Post

That's why I assign a button on my mouse for push to talk in Discord. That way you don't have to worry about muting. You just have to get in the habit for pushing before talking (Not super easy). That way you know the stream can hear everything but discord only hears what you want. Perfect for that special bit of shit talking.

This is something I was trying to figure out. All the push to talk settings I have seen are "T" and I can barely push F and R much less way the fuck over there for T AND keep moving. I will try a mouse button.

What I meant though was I have "Desktop Audio" muted on the Starting Soon screen/scene/source so that while Discord is up and folks are talking, they aren't being heard until the Display Capture scene/source takes over which does not have Desktop muted.

But I definitely wanted to know how to talk to chat without talking over Discord so the above is helpful!

Just go into discord settings (audio and visual) and instead of discord auto sense, choose push to talk and it will say recording. Then hit a spare button on your mouse. I use the middle button press (the one on your scroll wheel) or an extra button where my thumb is (this is because the scroll wheel button is sometimes weapon change, and there's nothing worse than changing your weapon when you have a chin wag).

Streamer mates suggested voicemeter banana or whatever that is.

Sea of Thieves Stress Test

Come to Twitch and abuse Tzu with me. It's fun!

I see you had your first Twitch troll last night! (I know you thought it was Worky messing around but I'm pretty sure it was this guy based on his Twitch name, and the fact that Worky doesn't roll like that.)

FORTNITE CHUD Squads w/Freeman and Codename and MrSaxon in the peanut gallery

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

I see you had your first Twitch troll last night! (I know you thought it was Worky messing around but I'm pretty sure it was this guy based on his Twitch name, and the fact that Worky doesn't roll like that.)

It was me. The name comes from The Taking Of Pelham 123.

Managed to figure out why the overlays I was using weren't showing up on screen. Most recent vid should have example of it. Damn but this OBS stuff is NOT intuitive...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Shaver View Post

It was me. The name comes from The Taking Of Pelham 123.

Godammit, Shaver. I was so proud of my internet detective work, too.

Oh, by the way, Tzu, you may want to be careful with your choice of music going forward. Just went to check out your Fortnite stream and got a message that portions of it have been muted due to copyrighted material.

A[quote name="MrSaxon" url="/community/t/159999/twitch-tv-tzudohnihm/30#post_4476273"]Oh, by the way, Tzu, you may want to be careful with your choice of music going forward. Just went to check out your Fortnite stream and got a message that portions of it have been muted due to copyrighted material.
[/quote]

That is pretty standard. Most any VOD will have that. I had Pandora going in the background and most streamers have some sort of playlist of even allow subs to gift songs so 99% of what gets played on air will be removed.

Must be one hell of an algorithm they have going to auto remove just the music.

*EDIT* Or wait... Is ALL the audio gone?

I'm watching it whilst doing some stuff and haven't come across any sections that have been muted (yet), despite the opening message.